[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Search Randomizer App?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1453685504411.jpg (161 KB, 700x498) Image search: [Google]
1453685504411.jpg
161 KB, 700x498
Hi /g/. First, let me say that this is not my native board, so I apologize if this isn't the right place for this question. Also, I'm not a computer or tech expert by any means, so this all may sound incredibly retarded.

Background:
I have an acquaintance who is having a bizarre happening with one of her mobile devices. Her kid also uses the device and lately some odd things have been appearing in the search history. Things this child would be too young to search out on purpose (they aren't necessarily bad things, just things a kid his age wouldn't seek out intentionally) and things she hasn't searched. She is now suspicious that her kid may have covertly installed some kind of random search generator app in order to change his searches to random things so he could cover his tracks.

Personally, I don't know of anything like this, but I wanted to ask if this would even be possible? Is there an app or some kind of program that can rename searches/websites that you want to hide into other things on the search bar? My other theory is that this mobile device may have been infected with some type of spyware or whatever and is being controlled remotely, but isn't this very rare for an Android tablet to have happen, if not impossible? My final theory is that maybe he just clicked on some ads or something else pretty benign and unintentional.

Since my knowledge is limited on the subject, I figured I would see if anyone here could offer insights and other possible explanations for what is happening.
>>
there's waterboarding for this kind of stuff
>>
>>53922956
What could he mean by this?
>>
>>53923037
>>
No guesses as to what could be happening here? It seems a fairly well known issue, but I can't find a remedy or explanation for why it happens.
>>
>>53922902
The kid is randomly tapping auto-correct / auto-predict.

Njoi.
>>
>>53922902
Just uninstall it? If its just history the chicld probs clicked related links at the bottom of google.

Nice question, really shows that g needs to be split into two boards
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.