[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Staying NEET or becoming computer technician ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: LUG.jpg (53 KB, 700x332) Image search: [Google]
LUG.jpg
53 KB, 700x332
Hi /g/, I'm a lazy guy who don't want to work too much. Also, I've got some chance, I'm not really a consumerist-whore, so all I spent is on primary needs like food. But today, I would like to do something for other people mainly, I would like to open a GNU/Linux club (LUG) in my local town, I can see with the mayor and try to getting a little room somewhere in the city to host the club, but also, If I want some money to buy shit for the club, I must work on the side, so as a computer technician (I'm not skilled enough to be called a programmer, I'm CS drop-out). And so, what do you think ? If I'm computer technician in my town, all I'm gonna do is installing and upgrading Windows and Adobe Reader but I'm a true freetard and I don't want to promote proprietary software, much more as a professional, I can't stand and saying "Yes mam', Windows is perfect for your use" or "Okay, don't use GNU/Linux if you don't want". No, I'm a computer technician and I must do my job ethically, I want to give free software to everyone, I want to spread the word of being free is better than staying in the digital jail !

So, what could you tell me, /g/ ? I think I need help, I don't have energy at this time, I need support.

>tl;dr I want to make a Linux User Group in my local town but I also want to work as computer-guy for earning money by promoting free software but I'm currently NEET and I don't know what to do now...
>>
yur gunna wut
>>
File: 2014-10-11_install-party.jpg (143 KB, 375x527) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-11_install-party.jpg
143 KB, 375x527
>>53922086
I would like to make a Linux User Group in my town. Like doing stuff for free software, telling people what GNU/Linux is, etc... And I want this to be my job.

It's better to try it than staying a NEET, isn't it ? But today I don't really know why I post it on /g/, but I need advice, I think.
>>
File: How-to-Learn-Emacs8.png (2 MB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
How-to-Learn-Emacs8.png
2 MB, 3000x2250
GNU+Bump
>>
File: Linux_kernel_interfaces.svg.png (420 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Linux_kernel_interfaces.svg.png
420 KB, 2000x1500
Seriously, I need some advice. If any of you have ever tried it, please share some tips.

Or at least, tell me if you think this is a good idea.
>>
>>53922203
>free software
>job
Pick one.
>>
>>53922049
> but I'm a true freetard and I don't want to promote proprietary software
> I can't stand and saying "Yes mam', Windows is perfect for your use"
> I want to spread the word of being free is better than staying in the digital jail
> I don't have energy at this time, I need support.

You are literally /g/ incarnate. You're destined to be neet forever. Put your free software autism to one side and get a job.

Also as a member of a popular LUG, most people see free software as a choice, not a constraint. I could just see your faggot ass autisming out when people came in running Mint, Debian and other common distros.
>>
>>53923708
This. If you like eating, you'll learn that preaching your love of w/e fgt linux distro is out will not get you paid.

Installing windows 1000X a day and asking people if they have a cat, and to check if it stepped or pulled out any wires for 8 hours OTOH will.

I used to read comics all day while I was on the phone when I did helpdesk/Customer service. Job sucks, but there are much, much worse.
>>
>>53923395
Linux is for faggots

Don't encourage this guy with this linux shit when he's on the verge of being one of 4chan's few, proud, borderline productive members of society
>>
Do linux in your spare time. You don't even have to install windows or whatever on your home PC.

Which is more freedom, living in your parent's basement well into your 40s, or having your own place? Right, don't preach the gospel of linux on the company dime, give the people what they want. You can evangelize all you want on your free time.
>>
File: 1458793328423.jpg (263 KB, 1200x756) Image search: [Google]
1458793328423.jpg
263 KB, 1200x756
>>53923808
>as a member of a popular LUG
>>
File: rms.jpg (25 KB, 468x350) Image search: [Google]
rms.jpg
25 KB, 468x350
Wow ! People posting here are really agressive and pessimistic... You're representing well the proprietary software world, dudes !
>>
Using not wanting to promote proprietary software as an excuse not to get a job is probably the most pathetic thing I've heard yet.

If you don't have money, you don't really have the right to complain about not being able to work a cause. Do some work and stop spending my money you loser.
>>
>>53922049

So fucking autistic is this meant to be a joke? I assume it is. Linux is a hobby and anyone who wants to use it will already know what it is. Don't harass normies to use your computer nerd program.
>>
>>53925634
>your money
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>53925693
Whoah, this thread is either ironic or filled by shills, this guy who says GNU/Linux is a hobby and not used in the professional world... WOW !
>>
Sorry OP, seems like you're way too autistic for whatever it is you're talking about. Best to stay NEET.
>>
>>53922049
if you have to ask an image board consisting of stick figure enthusiasts, you've already lost
>>
It's funny that NEETs think that they still are worth something.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.