[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got a job 5 months ago, really good pay for little work... I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1459189556885.gif (59 KB, 500x693) Image search: [Google]
1459189556885.gif
59 KB, 500x693
Got a job 5 months ago, really good pay for little work... I really got lucky... but I'm thinking of quitting next week, because they're forcing me to use proprietary software. The job is related to the stock market, I don't want to go into too much detail, they told me to use Windows first and I said: "listen, I know how to run Linux and even run Windows apps inside Linux, so don't you worry" and they reluctantly accepted. I even ran Internet Explorer inside Wine for crap that required it. All well and good...

Recently though, they decided we will use some new accounting shit app and it just won't run on Wine, I tried everything. I complained to the HR department and explained this is a violation of my core philosophy/ideology (GNU) and they said, literally: "I'm afraid you'll have to bite the bullet on this, John" (John is not my real name, I'm not a native English speaker, just a filler name)

What the hell do I do? I feel terrible using properietary shit I can't even look at the code to know what it does it's like a black box

Help me /g/ ? I'm thinking of quitting but I'm scared
>>
Take your autism chill pill anon.
>>
>>53919932
holy shit stallman you have hit full retard
>>
Well I guess you should literally bite the bullet, John
>>
>>53919932
Fuck off John (John isn't your real name, but since you are not a native English speaker, I will also use it as your filler name), this is the real world
>>
>>53919932
>Wine
Use a virtual machine you dumb cunt.
>>
the boss told you to bite the bullet, I think he meant you should take the bullet
>>
donate 1% per day you use non-free OS of your paycheck every week to the FSF to atone for your sins
>>
This is some of the best bait in a long while.

Definitely bait-of-the-year for 2016 so far, nice effort!
>>
>>53919932
>using John instead of anon like everyone
You're retarded, John.
>>
>>53919932
go see a doctor to help you with your autism, or kill yourself for being such a whiny faggot.
>>
Do it OP, make sure to go out with a bang by interjecting at your boss loud enough for the whole office to hear before you flip your desk and storm out
>>
>>53919932
kill yourself, but first tell me where can i apply for your job
>>
>>53919932
Deal with it John, you're making good money
>>
>>53919932
I'll do your job Juan
>>
The saddest part of this bullshit is someone actually took time from their so-called life to create the bullshit then get online to post the bullshit on 4chan.

You are one sad pathetic useless motherfucker, OP.

You and your bullshit.
>>
>>53920930
Not John, but you'd be surprised just how autistic some people are
>>
>>53919932
This happened all right
>>
dude keep your job, there will always be changes to the work place, doesnt mean you cant give out a suggestion.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.