[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smart Phone Recommendation Thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Nexus-6P-vs-LG-V10-cam-AH.jpg (73 KB, 1200x952) Image search: [Google]
Nexus-6P-vs-LG-V10-cam-AH.jpg
73 KB, 1200x952
Alright /g/, I don't usually do this, but this is the board that I lurk the most and I'm desperate.

For the past two months, I've been looking into buying a new phone.

I have Verizon and my Galaxy S4 has been turned to utter shit by them. Updates have ruined this device.

I've almost bought the LG V10 so many times, but I keep holding myself back.

There are many reasons why I want what I want, and I'm not gonna get into it in one post, but I've narrowed my choices to three phones.

The LG V10, the Nexus 6, and the Nexus 6p. What do I get /g/?
>>
My v10 is a piece of shit
>>
get the old version from your phone
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 640x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 640x676
>>53917347
Motherfucker can you spend at least 10 seconds browsing the catalog before making a thread
>>
>>53917398
Verizon phone's are incredibly locked down, especially Samsung ones. Aside from root, which I already have, there's nothing that can be done for my S4.
>>
>>53917452
>Smart Phone General

As if anyone is even gonna pay attention in the SMG thread. This was obviously the better choice.
>>
>>53917483
Shit, I'm exhausted, I meant SPG
>>
I have nexus 6p on verizon, the damn thing chugs battery when you use it, but it has great standby as long as it doesn't have an app keeping it awake.

its also really big and you're going to want to get a case just for the extra grip because it's slippery but the software experience has been the best of the phones i've had so far and the camera is pretty good.
>>
>>53917525
I used to have a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. Being in control of what's on my phone was amazing and that's part of the reason the Nexus is even a consideration.

Can you install custom ROMs and still use the finger print reader?
>>
>>53917347
LG V10 is way too expensive right now. Theres not much noticeable difference between late 2014 flagships and todays in terms of performance. G3 is a beast.. 1440p..gets M from carrier updates and also has good custom ROM support. Costs ~$200 compared to $700
>>
>>53917585
I can get a V10 on Swappa or ebay for 400 or so. I also want a phone with a fingerprint reader.
>>
File: 1453401673914.gif (742 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1453401673914.gif
742 KB, 200x189
Why are people here spending $300+ for a fucking phone? You people are fucking insane, why not invest that money in financial reserves? I hope you're not all living paycheck to paycheck with your fancy phones.
>>
>>53917647
Being on Verizon, I don't really have an option.

At one time, Verizon was the only logical choice in my area. They're still the best, especially since I'm only paying around $20.
>>
>>53917570
I haven't put any roms on mine yet but I'd assume so.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.