[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can it replace Office?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: libre-office4.png (159 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
libre-office4.png
159 KB, 640x360
Or is it like Outlook where (for people with jobs) it's still king?
>>
>>53912941
Not if they keep on doing retarded shit, like changing keyboard-shortcuts. Who thought it'd be a great idea to change some stuff like underlining to ctrl+u and keeping others to ctrl+shift+button? Unconsistency is a pain in the ass.
>>
No.

What the people behind this don't seem to understand is that MS Office isn't used just for word documents. LO Writer is the most polished part of LO suite but it still just sucks for a lot of things, the rest of LO suite is so much worse that it's embarrassing.
>>
>>53912941
All Office Software sucks, desu. The whole Idea of WYSIWIG document processing is flawed, in my opinion.

If you ask me, it's way better to write documents in a markup language of your choice and produce exactly the output you wish. Advantages are consistent designs, simple editing once you get the idea, plain text source files. The only real advantage office suites provide is baby duck and "where do i click lol" mentality most of the technologically impaired adapted.
>>
>>53913639
Latest version of office is so fugly but you're right.
>>
>>53912941
That depens on what you want to do with it. If you just want to write some text then sure, it can replace MS Office. But if you have to use it for work and need compatibility then no.
>>
>>53913707
OP here, yeah it's for work but I really hate the latest version of office and I'm not in the know enough to know what to rollback to.
>>
>>53912941
Outlook.... fuck you. We run around 30k gov mailboxes.
Get calls every day. people blaming us because their outlook craped out. Dyin databases, fucked pop3 support in recent patches etc...

Wish ppl just used ThunderBird.
it just werks.

And... I have been using OpenOffice for over 10 years. Love Calc. And dont really use Writer. Prefer Scribus or InDesign
>>
>>53913688
Everyone must know that great feel when they went to college and discovered LaTeX. Works so nicely and makes perfect papers.
>>
>>53912941
I only use abiword personally. I don't need anything else
>>
>>53913742
Compatibility even between MS Office versions is a disaster
You can never win
>>
>>53913776
WE MUST TRY! PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER!
>>
>>53913776
>Compatibility even between MS Office versions is a disaster
Never mind the lack of compatibility between the Mac and Windows versions.
>>
>>53914213
Can they get anything right?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.