[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like working with Laravel ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1459990285213s.jpg (4 KB, 250x230) Image search: [Google]
1459990285213s.jpg
4 KB, 250x230
Do you like Laravel, ci, or you own framework ?
>>
Did my first bigger PHP projects in Codeigniter. Tried Laravel a bit, but didn't like it for some reason.

Currently writing my own MVC framework with similarities to Codeigniter.
>>
I'm currently working on a Symfony website at work, teaching myself how to use it and turning it to a piece of spaghetti. Processes EDI documents and creates them from POs. Can connect to Xero's API which was kinda fun doing.

Never made a decent website from scratch, what's a good website to make that will teach me some cool shit? Blogs are fucking boring. Was thinking of maybe using Riots API or something else like that so it's interesting.
>>
i have a real problem whenever i try to start a project.
I understand the technical challenge and i understand how to approach it. In my mind i have a clear picture of what controller i create what packages i will get, etc...
but then its been a whole day and all i have done is create one page which will be the template for an actual page.
i realize i have failed and done nothing and then i give up and delete everything.
>>
>>53911949
Laravel is not future proof.
Taylor will come back to asp.net because php is a fucking garbage and mono become foss.
Symfony is fucking slow, even the old ruby on rails 4.x is faster.
Furthermore there are not jobs for php developers, just like flash/actionscript.
>>
>>53911949
Don't waste your time with this junk framework.
If you want happiness, just learn asp.net and enjoy your life.
http://www.ebookee.pro/professional-c-6-and-net-core-1-0.html
>>
Please don't learn php, it's a cancer.
My cousin learned it last year at school and he is still jobless.
Damn a year without jobs! And he is in a very painful situation.
You can use laravel for hobby but don't hope to get an attractive job.
>>
>>53914299
Do I need to pay anything to use Microsoft's framework? I never worked with anything from microsoft :/
>>
Express is still a better framework is still very in demand unlike php, laravel, synfony or zend.
http://www.ebookee.pro/express-in-action-writing-building-and-testing-node-js-applications.html

This ebook is pretty good, sure you'll get a job in less than 3 months.
>>
>>53914380
No they are all open source, fast and free.
C# is a very interesting language because you can make multiplatform mobile native apps with xamarin, multiplatform games with unity3d or cryengine and websites or web services with asp.net core.
>>
How to download Xamarin Studio for Windows?
>>
>>53914465
You're mistaken grandpa this is not google
google is at the top of your screen. There should be a big white bar you can click and type in
>>
There is only xamarin for visual studio...
https://www.xamarin.com/download
>>
>>53911949
I had to use it for work some time ago
It feels comfy at first and is really nice for CRUD but as soon as you need more complex stuff it just feels really far behind the other popular frameworks (Django/Rails) and seems to offer very little advantage

Laracasts is really nice though
>>
>>53914277
>Furthermore there are not jobs for php developers, just like flash/actionscript.

Wrong. There's plenty of jobs, just hardly any good developers.
>>
>>53911949
I'm really like the community behind laravel, laracasts has being a very usefull resource.
>>
>>53914277
I have a job and my company is hiring.
>>
>>53914449
/thread
>>
This is based on my own experience:

SPRING > ASP.NET > DJANGO > RAILS > SYMFONY > LARAVEL

Laravel is just the new codeigniter, so the php framework for dumb people.
I had to convert a laravel 4 project to django last year and it was horrible.
Damn, unit tests take hours and some failed without any reason.
It was atrociously slow...
>>
>>53911949
I really enjoy programming in laravel, however I find some quirks of the framework to be difficult to figure out
>>
File: 1311935138855[1].jpg (29 KB, 356x450) Image search: [Google]
1311935138855[1].jpg
29 KB, 356x450
>>53917886
>preferring asp.net

How have you not snuffed it yet?
>>
>>53917969
It's fast, comfy and used in high enterprises massively.
What's better for you? Please don't write assembly...
>>
>>53917886
where is node.js?
>>
>>53917886
this. anything other that spring or asp.net mvc (or plain jee w/ jsf if you're fucked in the head) is babby tier
>>
>>53918432
Node.js is very weird and very unpopular except for installing css preprocessors...
It has a maintained JavaScript API that nobody actually uses...
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.