[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5930K or wait for 6930K
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 5930k.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
5930k.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
Hi /g/rills, I'm looking to upgrade my CPU to a modern i7 for cpu-based rendering purposes.

I was tempted to go with a 5820K but the PCI lane limitation dissuaded me a bit, so I'm leaning towards the 5930K, in case I desire to go with dual GPUs at some point in its lifespan.

The question is, this shit is getting older every minute, around when should I expect to see a successor to this chip, a 6930K? Would you say it's worth waiting for or should I just pull the trigger on the 5930K?
>>
Pull the trigger on a gun to your head
>>
Go the fuck back to /v/
>>
>>53911776
>too poor for 8 core
>fell for hex-core meme
>>
>>53911776

why would the pcie lane limitation matter? unless you want 3 gpus it's useless, and if you want to load up on pcie ssds those just use the pch lanes, not the cpu lanes.
>>
>>53911776
Use a Xeon instead. Could even do a dual socket system. Also gives you access to ECC memory.
>>
Just get the i5 6600k.
No reason to go i7 this time.
>>
>>53912266

>4 core cpu with no ht for cpu rendering

gaymur plz go
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.