[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does hiding your SSID do anything to secure the network or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: slothwut.gif (1 MB, 312x188) Image search: [Google]
slothwut.gif
1 MB, 312x188
Does hiding your SSID do anything to secure the network or is it just a meme?
>>
>>53908370
i think all it does is not broadcasting the SSID of the network, still the signal can be seen.
this is just an assumption of someone who doesn't know much shit about wlan.
>>
It might keep you off of a passive hackers radar so technically it is a little more secure but really no. please stop saying meme
>>
>>53908423
You felled for the memes aren't memes meme.
>>
No, it does not do one single thing. If anything it makes you more of a target.

No amount of ssid hiding or stupid mac whitelisting or anything will protect you.

The ONLY solution is to use a good password and not have wps enable. End of story.
>>
Will not wearing a name tag on your forehead make you invisible?
>>
>>53908439
I understand basic etymology and that language changes in general but when you start to replace more detailed explanations with very general phrases it is similar to just saying "fuck" instead of describing how you are feeling and what you are thinking it damages your ability to communicate which is already shoddy as it is through text and pictures only on this website.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.