[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there ANY DAP's with decent stock firmware and don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1444402281351.png (174 KB, 279x400) Image search: [Google]
1444402281351.png
174 KB, 279x400
Are there ANY DAP's with decent stock firmware and don't need rockbox? Literally all I need is vorbis support, drag and drop and song database.
>>
>>53906010
xduoo x3, rockbox it.
>>doesn't want rockbox
why the fuck not, it's literally a folder you drag and drop on your sd card, stop being a bitch
>>
File: iriver_ihp100_ipod_zen.jpg (50 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
iriver_ihp100_ipod_zen.jpg
50 KB, 650x488
>>53906868
Because except for the ipod classic and absurdly overpriced Clip+ everything it runs on is old as shit and looks like a bomb detonation device.
>>
>>53908506

>absurdly overpriced Clip+

$35 for a manufacturer refurb is "absurdly overpriced"?

also

>don't need rockbox

GDIAF
>>
>>53908506
>>53908676
>$35 for a manufacturer refurb is "absurdly overpriced"?
>absurdly overpriced Clip+

Wait fuck don't fucking tell me they discontinued Clip+. Mine is about to kick the bucket after like 6 years of abuse and I'll be needing a new one. Motherfuckers.
>>
>>53908793
Yes it's discontinued, have fun paying up to $90 for a new one or less for a used one that's knocking on death's door.
>>
>>53908995

You can still get new ones on Amazon for around $60... Make sure you add a silicone case for $10 to protect precious.
>>
>>53908995

>death's door

my refurb clip looks and feels brand new, and actually gets the stated 15 hrs battery life. I don't know what they did to it, assuming they just swapped the battery and put a new cover on. I know how to solder (get fucked, software cucks) so I'm not too worry about a loose jack problem if that happens somewhere down the line.

I wouldn't have even known it was a refurb if not for the somewhat obnoxious "REFURB" stamped on the bottom of the unit. They left that out of the ebay listing, lel.

Now's the time to stock up on the clip+, there's really nothing else comparable on the market in that form factor.

If you don't need a clip the Ruizu X02/ AGPTek is *okay*, but even with the AGP firmware the interface still kind of sucks.
>>
>>53908995
>>53909048
Well just fuck my shit up. Any good new alternatives? I didn't follow the market at all for years.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.