[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RFID Detection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0930.jpg (334 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0930.jpg
334 KB, 960x720
Hello there /g/

I want to say, first off, that I'm new here. I'm coming with a question that I have not been able to answer by googling, simply because it does not show any feasible results.

My father recently had about $12,000 cash stolen from him out of his personal fireproof safe from the closet in his bedroom. Our suspicion at the moment is that our perpetrator used an RFID detection device to locate the cash in this house.

My question is as follows:

Is it possible to use a RFID detection device to find cash that could be hidden in various places, be it with a smartphone app or handheld device?

Thank you so much.
-B
>>
shameless bump for my dad
>>
>>53905863
or like any jamal would do.. find safe, assume cash inside, open and steal..

if everyone had s safe at home people would be stealing more.
>>
>>53905863
I find it unlikely that the RFID would be able to go through a full metal safe. Most likely what >>53906250 said
>>
>>53905863
Radio waves going to get past inches of steel.

Who other than drug dealers and tax cheats keeps $12,000 in cash at their home?
>>
>>53906250
>>53906269

I understand folks.
I know that it's more likely that this person simply found this safe and opened it as a crime of opportunity, but what my question is (seeking your expertise) that is it POSSIBLE for anyone to use RFID to detect cash with tech similar to what the police use?

Thank you once more.
>>
It's a Sentry Safe. Probably $30 or so. No metal involved that I'm aware of.
>>
>>53906330
Don't think it would work man. RFID works by sending power to an embedded antenna (in this case the money). You're going to have to be real close to get that effect and definitely in visible range of the safe.
>>
>>53906367
>>>53906330
>Don't think it would work man. RFID works by sending power to an embedded antenna (in this case the money). You're going to have to be real close to get that effect and definitely in visible range of the safe.

Mostly right, there are other types of RFID detection, but none are small enough to fit in money that can do what you're saying because that kind of detection requires battery power.
>>
>He doesn't bury his money
>He doesn't put it in off shore accounts.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.