[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When hackintosh is a thing there's no excuse for still using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1459664850403.jpg (56 KB, 485x459) Image search: [Google]
1459664850403.jpg
56 KB, 485x459
When hackintosh is a thing there's no excuse for still using Windows or GNU/Linux
Also, don't need a fucking monster computer to run on it i literally run hackintosh on a computer i found on the trash bin
Explain yourself /g/
>>
>>53903976
Because I like my computer to be legal.
>>
Why would I have to explain myself? I also use hackintosh as main OS.

I still dual boot into Windows for games though, but -until- AMD gets its shit together on linux I won't be switching from hackintosh, I'm staying right the fuck here nigga. I might not even switch by then goddammit.
>>
>>53903995
It's legal in Europe. Well at least it's not illegal. And I don't think something will ever happen to you in murica
Hackintosh is the way to go. "just werkz"
>>
hackintoshes are fun when you want to use OSX but you need the hardware
otherwise pointless
>>
File: image.gif (115 KB, 231x498) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
115 KB, 231x498
Gentoo is more comfy.
>>
Stability
>>
It's like you WANT the NSA breathing down your neck.
>>
>>53903995
This, also most of the tools and software I use are Windows only, and I don’t want to loose performance by using a VM of Windows. The same goes for my Linux libraries and tools. Maybe I would multiboot it if I had more space on my main drive though
>>
>>53903976
>hackintosh
No thanks, if it's not legitimate hardware I'll stick to running OpenBSD
>>
>>53904163
Apple hardly gives a shit. They can perfectly prevent this, they just don't and didn't for years. Most people who use hackintosh can't use facetime or messages.

Also the good thing is that if you get some decent compatible hardware you can have a pretty good experience there. No stability issues as long as you manage your shit right from the start.

>>53904230
It doesn't matter which OS you use if you want to avoid the NSA. It's your internet connection.
>>
>>53904163
Also, WiFi card on a laptop that doesn't come with an osx card and has a whitelist so it can't be replaced.
No wpa2-enterprise
>>
File: 1458947294844.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1458947294844.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>53904230
>implying macfags don't want to feel a breath on their necks
>>
>Running hackintosh with clover
>Terrible boot times but everything else is kind of fine its own way I guess
>Figure out I could mod a BIOS file with this Ozmosis shit and cut the middleman
>Have an ASUS board

Fuck. I have the modded BIOS and everything, same file size, everything fits in there, I can bypass the file verification and yet I don't have the cojones to flash that BIOS and brick this shit.
>>
>>53903976
No thank you! Apple OS is non-free software and doesn't respect my freedom.
>>
I thought about putting osx on my x200t, but then I wouldn't be able to use it as a tablet
>>
>>53904373
Are you just speculating or positive?
>>
>>53904373
See, Apple had sort of an opportunity there. Instead of shitting out the iPad Pro with just a bigger version of iOS they should have put some OSX in there.
>>
>>53903976
OSX is shit. It has more vulnerabilities than Windows.

Why would anyone willingly touch that shit?
>>
>>53904535
It may have more vulnerabilities but at least it's worth a damn, and that's something Windows hasn't been able to pull off in years
>>
>>53904535
Well, it works fine and its simpler.
>>
>>53903976
>Thinking you get a Mac experience on a hackintosh
>>
>>53904647
Yeah I agree. I can't experience an overheating dustbin.
>>
>>53904698
Kek
>>
>installing cracked software written by hackers in Ukraine

Yeah, OS X isn't going to be the only thing getting installed on your pc. kek
>>
>>53904825
>Trying this hard to justify purchasing an overpriced computer so he can use a different OS
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.