[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best file manager to use in Linux? Dolphin, Pcmanfm,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Snapchat-6462246704591371575.jpg (619 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6462246704591371575.jpg
619 KB, 1080x1920
What's the best file manager to use in Linux? Dolphin, Pcmanfm, Ranger? How do you even use Ranger?
>>
>>53903184
ls/mv/find
>>
pcmanfm
>>
Gentoo
I think it's on Yum, I know it's on Apt, and MAYBE on pacman
>>
I use Thunar

It's not that good, I need to switch at some point.
>>
I like Thunar, because it's simple and clean and werks like I want it with not much configuration
>>
>>53903184
I use thunar and I hate it. Renaming files pops up in a window instead of doing it inline like explorer/finder. You also can't tab to the next file while renaming. I tried pcmanfm but it seemed kind of shitty I don't remember why exactly. Dolphin worked almost exactly how I wanted it but it was missing gvfs which broke playing files from smb in vlc.
>>
>>53903184
I'm partial to gnome commander, but may be moving away from it since the only thing I use a dual pane fm for is to organize my music when I acquire new music, but since I got into beets I don't do it manually anymore
>>
Ranger everyday. Just get used to those key commands and suddenly you are flying through your files.

Dolphin if you need that gui and don't mind the size.

>>53903597
Thought you were joking. Why such a confusing name?
>>
what's a good one that supports creating shares from the right click menu?
>>
>>53903634
seconding thunar
>>
Dolphin or Nautilus
>>
File: rox.png (12 KB, 524x234) Image search: [Google]
rox.png
12 KB, 524x234
>>53903184
rox

needs some configuration to make it not look/feel like ass, but it's nice and minimal
>>
Nemo.
>>
>>53903953
>no menu bar
>no side bar
no thanks
>>
>>53904045
it's all about the keyboard desu senpai
>>
>>53903796
>The word gentoo refers to a fast breed of penguin, the gentoo penguin. In spite of the name, it has nothing to do with the Gentoo Linux distribution, and did in fact adopt the name first.

From Wikipedia
>>
Dolphin is the best filemanager. It has no competition

pathetic minimalist cucks with minimal feature FMlet make me laugh hard
>>
krusader
>>
Ranger to preview pictures
Shell to do file operations
Thunar to easily mount pen drives, hdds and copy stuff around
>>
>>53903184
bash
>>
>>53903184
Soon......Explorer
>>
>>53903597
emerge gentoo

https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-misc/gentoo
>>
nautilus is the only good modern file manager on linux
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.