[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
could you build an biodeisel refinery small enough to fit on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1457104148444.jpg (192 KB, 1500x999) Image search: [Google]
1457104148444.jpg
192 KB, 1500x999
could you build an biodeisel refinery small enough to fit on the back of a semi truck trailer, which could make enough biodeisel to run the semi in a reasonable amount of time? could it do this while the truck was moving?
>>
>>53903054
Yes.
.000000000000001 mph is movement.
>>
>>53903092
>reasonable amount of time

work with me here.
>>
File: evergreen as fuck.jpg (164 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
evergreen as fuck.jpg
164 KB, 600x400
how about we put some solar generator turbines on the truck while we're bullshittin'?

add on a thousand pound battery since when you're hauling 50k lbs, another 1000 lbs isn't that big of a deal.

throw in some electric motors to power the front wheels from the battery for stop and go traffic.

recycle your own shit and piss in a conveniently located compost heap container where you grow plants and shit.

oh yeah definitely put some solar panels on the roof and top of the trailer itself.

bonus points for using an EVERGREEN trailer.
>>
>>53904093

oh fuck i completely meant wind turbines not solar tubines kek
>>
>>53904093
that's nice and all, but I'm just focusing on the biodeisel concept, trying to design a sort of ideal "hacker's truck" - a sort of mobile command station from which a group of hackers could operate.

Really, it needs a lot of electronics and 3D printing facilities in it, but most of that is definitely doable, so I'm just focusing on the less likely concept of managing to cram a decent refinery on the back of the truck as well.

It's for an SF short story I'm writing.
>>
>>53904157
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a refinery meant to distill fucking crude oil? Why the shit would you even want it to run on oil? For both constant motion (which would most likely be slow as SHIT), and stopping every once in a while, solar panels seem much more reasonable/far less retarded.
>>
>>53904234
a refinery makes some kind of oil-based product; in this case, biodeisel:
http://www.srsbiodiesel.com/our-services/turnkey-biodiesel-refineries/

So you take an unrefined power source and refine it into a usable fuel.

It's utterly retarded, sure, except if you live in a desolate, smog-choked wasteland of a future in which barely any light penetrates to the bottom of the megacities in which you do you work.
>>
>>53904323
OP here again, double-posting, but perhaps a better method of power would be an electric engine with a big inductor in the back to leech a charge off overhead high-tension powerlines?
>>
>>53904323
>It's utterly retarded, sure, except if you live in a desolate, smog-choked wasteland of a future in which barely any light penetrates to the bottom of the megacities in which you do you work.
Your idea seems DOA. Why not a huge oil tanker with some super efficient fuel that allow the people to survive for months at a time when the tank is full, so they can refuel every once in a while from the money they steal from hacking or whatever?
>>
>>53904456
how do you drive a huge oil tanker down the streets of a city?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.