[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wow android is so liberating! enjoy your "freedom",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: android-ios-encryption-640x672.jpg (95 KB, 640x672) Image search: [Google]
android-ios-encryption-640x672.jpg
95 KB, 640x672
wow android is so liberating!

enjoy your "freedom", freetards
>>
>Android has allowed users to turn on encryption since version 4.0

So having a choice of how my data is stored isn't freedom?

Are you saying the forced encryption of iOS is more free?

Its not my fault most Android users don't want to encrypt, but it's their FREE choice.
>>
>any android below 4.0

No one cares about how encrypted Sri Lankan textile dealers phones are faggot.
>>
File: 1385208271182.jpg (3 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
1385208271182.jpg
3 KB, 125x123
>>53899824
Wearing skimpy clothing makes you a target for rapists, but it's because people have freedom that they can do it.

These same people choose not to encrypt. They may suffer consequences for that choice.
>>
>>53899875
Only that even on newer Android devices, it's not an option because of the performance penalty.
>>
>>53899824
Lel, if someone really wants the data they're gonna get it, no matter the encryption. If you get the physical storage, you win.
>>
>>53899992
>le lagdroid xd
>>>/2010/
>>
>>53900071
>denying the obvious because he feels inferior to iOS homolords
>>
If you use android you have the freedom to put cyanogen mod on your phone and enjoy updates for at least as long as iphones.

Hell, you get even less bugs and more customizability on top.
>>
>>53899824
There is a simple option to encrypt the phone, it's written in your post
>>
>>53901019
yea but stuff is usually broken on pajeetmod.
>>
>>53900055
>no matter the encryption
Pretty sure this is not correct, and that some encryptions would take so long to break that it's practically impossible.

But I might be wrong, I sure as shit am no expert.
>>
>>53901426
The encryption itself is secure. Nobody has a way in to AES, and not for want of trying. The side-channels, however, those are shotgunned swiss cheese. You can get keylogged, or send the data over a protocol that has flaws that give away information that helps to break the crypto, like timing attacks and padding oracles, or have the radio-frequency emissions of your computer analyzed, or have someone kidnap you and beat you with a hose until you tell them the password.
>>
>>53901426
>Pretty sure this is not correct
It is.
Once physical access to the device is granted your data is compromised.
>>
>>53900940
>implying the unapparent because he feels inferior to Android freetards
>>
>>53899824
But I'm a freetard and I hate Android.
I'm no iOS fan either, but I'll take apple's proprietary cock over expanding Google's marketshare in another market any day.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.