[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that there are cheap unlimited high speed data phone plans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1453257739550.jpg (9 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1453257739550.jpg
9 KB, 267x200
So now that there are cheap unlimited high speed data phone plans is there really any point to having home internet anymore?
>>
>>>/b/
You laugh you lose threads belong in /b/
>>
Depends on speeds and how much mobile hotspot data you get. But in theory yeah, unlimited lte plans make home internet obsolete especially for those living by themselves.
>>
>>53899366
High speed is not the same as low latency.
Wireless data will always be second rank to wired in terms of latency. Depending on use this may be a limiting factor
>>
I think so yeah but carriers need to give unlimited hotspot data to customers before they ditch their home internet completely.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-06-11-53-23.png (331 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-06-11-53-23.png
331 KB, 540x960
>>53899504
>High speed is not the same as low latency.
>Wireless data will always be second rank to wired in terms of latency. Depending on use this may be a limiting factor
It depends on what the network is like, LTE connections can have significantly low latency like pic related even with low signal. I usually get 30-40ms for latency which would be good enough for online FPS vydias.
>>
>>53899366
Try this shit anon...
>>
>>53899672
There's a reason people don't like at&t and verizon. I'm only paying $55/month for the data I use. I also get 8GB of mobile hotspot included for free.
>>
If you have sn android use psiphon
>>
>>53899719
Using a VPN is problematic because services like netflix will block you access to their content.
>>
>>53899712
People don't like it because it's expensive compared to others.

I had T-Mobile and recently switched to at&t. It's a little more but I see the difference in coverage.

With T-Mobile, it was spotty and when I would go out, let says to the rodeo, Renaissance festival, or basically when I'm going city to city, I lose connection for a couple minutes.

With at&t, I haven't lost connection at all......yet.
>>
>>53899873
enjoy paying out of your ass for mobile data
>>
>>53899650
Does LTE have any issues with packet loss?
>>
>So now that there are cheap unlimited high speed data phone plans

Where?
>>
File: 5095265646.png (33 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
5095265646.png
33 KB, 300x135
>>53899366
>high speed data phone plans
>high speed
Are you sure?
>>
>>53899985
boost mobile/metropcs are the first that come to mind
>>
>>53899956
Unlikely as long as you have signal. I've downloaded 1GB+ files (not torrents) on my phone through lte and they turned out okay.
>>
>american internet speeds
>>
>>53900145
The only in America actually.
>>
>>53900027
Yeah but the tradeoff is that you live in Romania
>>
>>53900171
Those are TCP though. You could be having packet loss and not even notice it.
>>
>>53903758
>Those are TCP though. You could be having packet loss and not even notice it.
Don't all connections have some chance of packet loss though? I've downloaded large files through my phones as well and the files/archives open just fine so whatever the chance is, it's low enough to not really care about.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.