[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I do it /g/? https://sourceforge.net/projects/mo rph
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: screenshot_clean_may09.jpg.png (106 KB, 1437x859) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_clean_may09.jpg.png
106 KB, 1437x859
Should I do it /g/?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/morpheusarch-linux/
>>
>>53898518
yes
>>
>>53898518
absolutely, that version comes with an install script as well so you can't fuck it up.
>>
>>53898518
>THAT FUCKING LOGO
a fat neet infront of a white triangle
>>
archechoolchildren
>>
>>53898518
install gentoo
>>
...install gentoo and etc...
>>
>>53898518
or you just install manjaro :0
>>
>>53898988
OP here is Manjaro better? as far as I can see all this MorpheusArch thing is, is just arch with an install script.
>>
>>53898988
pretty good, but lacky some stuuf from the driver identification and setup
>>
>>53899023
remember archtect?
>>
>>53899036
I'm already downloading this MorpheusArch ISO but I guess I could try Manjaro as well. Thanks

>>53899050
no what was that like then ?
>>
>>53899073
archtect was like the same thing. it was a guided cli interface with dialog that even installed some basic drivers and a DE.
(including an net-based install)

but for some reason one day it was wiped up from sourceforge and another one appeared. dunno if i can trust.

just try the most hardcore way possible, in case of failure go a little bit on easier mode until you make it
>>
>>53898982
He hasn't enough IQ for that: he's archeschoolchild.
>>
>>53898933
I thought it was a fat man looking down at his tiny penis.
Because people who use arch needs to compensate for something...
>>
Lo/g/OS
>>
>>53899200
in my case is the fact that i have comp eng degree but no job whatsoever
>>
>>53898933
>I can't install arch
>>
>>53899278
there is no such thing as an unemployed engineer.
Just convince people to fund your current pet project.
>>
>>53898933
I see a carat nose T B H F A M
>>
>>53899337
tfw my country is dumb and mid-crisis
tfw my projects looks like childish ideas
tfw my uni just make me as a tech support

at least there's money and i get a lot of free shit and ancient cool hardware
>>
arch-anywhere.org
>>
>>53899368
>mid crisis
From the economy crash in 2008? I really hope it is not in the middle of that crisis.
>my projects looks childish
That is all about marketing. Making a good title/abstract can make any project look good.
>uni just makes me do tech support
Not all jobs are interesting unless you make them.
Eg if they put you in front of a phone and make you take calls from student's who can't log into wifi, use the time productively as you would any job.
Doing something boring for a week should make you want to automate it or fix the underlying problems.
>>
File: Capture.png (377 KB, 591x684) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
377 KB, 591x684
>>53898518
Yes
>>
>>53899551

>From the economy crash in 2008? I really hope it is not in the middle of that crisis.
i'm from hu3land of the monkeys republic of brazil

>That is all about marketing. Making a good title/abstract can make any project look good.
my first project in a student lab here was a dragon drone with flame thrower. turns out that the flames obey the law of inertia and air making then turning agaist the dragon and melting a lot of money

>Not all jobs are interesting unless you make them.
a teacher called me to turn on his projector even that he has a doctor degree in physics

>Doing something boring for a week should make you want to automate it or fix the underlying problems.
indeed, if i receive some email and the person specifies the number of the lab pc with trouble it automatically run a backup script from last week

i just watch anime, study, mess around with the huge amount of hardware unused.

free food, pays rent and internet (althought we have 10gb/s here)
>>
>>53899674
>my first project in a student lab here was a dragon drone with flame thrower. turns out that the flames obey the law of inertia and air making then turning agaist the dragon and melting a lot of money
I don't what to say...
That is really stupid.
>>
>>53899743
got some laught to my professor
>>
gentoo or archlinux?
why?
>>
>>53899927
Arch if you want something easy.
Gentoo if you want to be more in control and you don't mind compiling things.
>>
>>53898988
can vouch manajro is pretty good
>>
>>53899927
autism
>>
>>53899073
Wouldn't trust the manjaroo meme, for real, what they did with the certs shows how much you can trust the project.

I'd go with Antergos, testing it atm.
>>
>>53898518
Why wouldn't you?
>>
>>53899927
Gentoo/Funtoo

>>53900082
Gentoo is just as easy to install as Arch, except Gentoo actually gives you the power to customize your system, unlike Arch.
>>
>>53899146
>was
it still is
https://sourceforge.net/projects/architect-linux/
>>
>>53898518
What's the point when we already have a dozen other Arch installers available?
>>
>>53898518
Install it yourself you lazy cunt
>>
File: MorpheusArch.png (7 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
MorpheusArch.png
7 KB, 800x600
>>53898518
I've just installed this bullshit. Now I can't log in because login is failing. What to do?
>>
>>53903097
It's your own fault for using an installer for Arch
>>
File: VMs.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
VMs.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>53903592
It's only one of my inumerous VMs lad.
>>
>>53903654
>I was just pretending to be retarded
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.