[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some cheap tiny computers like the Raspberry Pi Zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-04-06_14-44-27.png (376 KB, 516x461) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-06_14-44-27.png
376 KB, 516x461
What are some cheap tiny computers like the Raspberry Pi Zero and Orange Pi One?

I'm trying to find other models but I can't find shit
>>
>> /csg/
>>
>>53897907

I thought rpi wasn't chink shit

guess i'm just a faggot
>>
beaglebone black
>>
>>53897895

>pi zero
>cheap

wans't is sold out in 1 hour and flipped for 10 times on ebay like no ones business? I fucking hate "limited edition2 crap like that it brings the worst of humanity out
>>
>>53897965
RasPi isn't chink, but clones of it are
>>
>>53897895
What are you trying to do? Can it be done with a microcontroller? Arduino Nanos and Pro Minis are super cheap, and generic versions available on Ali. And they are very small.

If you really need an SBC, I would go with the new RPi, mostly because of the community / all the support behind it. There are lot of knock off RPis, including a few with much better hardware, that sound at first like they will run faster, better, etc. (I thought that initially, too). But when you dig into it further, you realize that kernels and parts of the OS are not as optimized for them, not as well supported, and so ultimately things run better on RPi in many cases, even though it has "lower specs."

So, again, what is it you are trying to do?
>>
>>53898239
it's shit

op get an odroid
>>
>>53898683
I'm wanting to make a small box that I can watch movies on and play with emulators on.
>>
>>53899280
RPI 3 works nicely
>>
>>53897895
The odroid C2 is pretty good
>>
>>53897895
Just buy a shitty used thinclient off Ebay if you want a shitty computer.
>>
>>53899416
This.

RPi is what is recommended hardware per Kodi forums. And, as stated earlier, you will find lots and lots of support in just about whatever you decide to do with it.

Good luck and have fun, Anon!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.