[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it all go so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: cuck sjw bloatware.png (67 KB, 512x532) Image search: [Google]
cuck sjw bloatware.png
67 KB, 512x532
Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
right after 3.6
t. knower
>>
>>53896069
Actually right after 1.5
>>
File: brendan-eich.jpg (159 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
brendan-eich.jpg
159 KB, 640x427
>>53896055
Not sure, it used to be so good.
>>
It went wrong when Chrome swooped in and kick FF's ass.
>>
>>53896136
lol, that delusion. Chrome's add-ons suck your mom's dick; and it all went wrong when Firefox decided to become more like the cuckfest that Chrome is
>>
File: Untitled.png (381 KB, 929x853) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
381 KB, 929x853
>>53896287
Firefox absolutely has better addons. Turns out 99% of users don't care, they want something simple and fast.

The war is lost, sorry bruh
>>
>>53896055
What's with the firefox smear campaing? Is google getting desperate?
Chrome is just pure shit, it's unuseable and spyware. Firefox might be rough around the edges but it's the only browser we have right now.
>>
>>53896310
No, the war isn't lost. I'm just going to switch to Waterfox et al. if Firefox actually pushes the update that breaks XUL add-ons. Then I, or someone else, is going to archive the whole of Firefox Addon *.xpi-files and hopefully the fork will become more popular once seasoned users realize how retarded the change is.
>>
>>53896310
>Turns out 99% of users don't care, they want something simple and fast.
We aren't 99% of users, fuck off. You clearly don't belong here.
>>
Firefox is like fine wine, it keeps getting better with time.
>>
Adblock memory leak was when it started going wrong.

It got worse after Brendan Eich resigned, because the Firefox team (and Mozilla in general) became more SJW.

The integration with proprietary software Hello and Pocket was when it became trash.

Firefox used to be good, but it died a death.
>>
File: brave.jpg (58 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
brave.jpg
58 KB, 700x400
>>
File: 1405727274176.jpg (59 KB, 540x803) Image search: [Google]
1405727274176.jpg
59 KB, 540x803
>>53896330
I know, it hurts. For some it's a slow painful death ( users switching to forks of Firefox)
>>
>>53896364
You using a shit add-on is not firefox's fault, you tard. Use uBlock origin.
>>
>>53896055
Still the best web browser available.
>>
>>53896387
There will always be other browsers, as long as webkit and other engines remain open sauce and microsoft exists. I'd rather use IE or edge than your botnet piece of shit with the broken interface.
>>
>>53896405
>What is Chrome
>What is Opera
>>
>>53896406
I'd rather use IE or edge than your botnet piece of shit with the broken interface.

You just described IE and Edge. Maybe Brave is the browser we need if it gets good add-ons.
>>
>>53896055
They ousted their CEO for having wrong opinions on completely unrelated matters. The company seems to have extreme intolerance towards people with different world views. This alone narrows the number of potential hires they can make which means they have to get people below the market value. Ultimately it leads to shitty software being made.
>>
>>53896055
Australis was the crossing of the rubicon.
>>
Anybody know, what was the reason why opera software dropped support for presto, and move on to use blink?
>>
>>53896287
http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/04/noscript-and-other-popular-firefox-add-ons-open-millions-to-new-attack/

Go away, faggot
>>
File: 1424048721277.jpg (50 KB, 359x391) Image search: [Google]
1424048721277.jpg
50 KB, 359x391
>>53896385
>>53896440
>brave
>botnet
>everything is paid dlc
>integrated ads unless you pay
>>
>>53896069
what the fuck does "t." mean?

Also, SJW, letting feminists into tech.
making it "accessible" with javascript
>>
Firefox is only for God's. Apparently none of you know the power of the best browser to exist ever. Also you're all gay fuck off
>>
>>53896055
Still the best browser that suits my needs.

>Good vertical tabs
>Proper mousegestures
>Proper scroll speed settings
>TileTabs

My biggest gripe with Firefox was that it was sluggish and heavy, but after moving to Arch it feels as fast as Chrome, even on 80+ tabs open.

The only downside now is that it'll probably turn to shit again soon, and SJW management.
>>
File: foxy.1355388256403.jpg (190 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
foxy.1355388256403.jpg
190 KB, 800x600
>>53896055
There's already a thread >>53887950
>>
Are you guys serious? Firecocks is literally shit
http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/04/noscript-and-other-popular-firefox-add-ons-open-millions-to-new-attack/
>>
Nowhere. It's better than ever thanks to the addons which more than makes up for every mistake it ever made.
>>
>>53897429
The attack is fucking retarded. "You can get malware if you install malware". Wow what a huge vulnerability.
>>
>>53897388
So you have to install a malware addon manually?

People who are this retarded deserve it to be quite honest familia.
>>
>>53897388
That still depends on users installing a malicious extension that had passed the bullshit handwaving verification process without thinking. They could just have easily written the libraries themselves, and their attack would have actually had more potential targets.
Your browser is not your babysitter. Don't drink the fucking bleach.
>>
>http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/04/vivaldi-browser-version-1-0-released/
There you go
>>
>>53897415

>what the fuck does "t." mean?

Regards.
>>
>>53897593
where does that come from?
>>
>>53896330
Guess what fgt, Mozilla isn't catering to you, they're catering to the 99% of users and are phasing out XUL addons to do that. Firefox's extensibility is dying
>>
>>53897642
"terveiset" which is Finnish for "regards"
Was used for years on Finnish imageboards.
>>
>>53897415
t. newfag
>>
>>53896364
This
>>
>>53896434
>>What is Chrome
>>What is Chrome
FTFY
>>
They started copying Chrome. I can't remember the version.
>>
>>53896136
This is true. At the time what happened was akin to Firefox wrecking Internet Explorer.
>>
>>53897429
>need to install a sketchy addon that no one knows for muh exploit
it's like running an executable you just got from some faggot online. it's literally old news
>>
>40 tabs
>everything fine
It never go wrong.
>>
>>53896434
opera performs even worse than ff
even in phones(where opera was 2nd for some time) chink botnet uc has surpassed it
just look at playstore.opera has the same no of downloads as the even worse firefox.
>>
>>53896055
When Google's funding disappeared
>>
It's so embarrassing that nowadays even Edge is faster that that pile of shit.
>>
bad management. bad planning for the future. allocation of resources to pointless crap instead of necessary features. breaking promises (e.g. in-brower adverts, proprietary crap, EME DRM)

a big one is also removal of features\functionality that 'a lot of firefox users don't use', forgetting that the chunk of firefox users who do use them are often vocal firefox advocates or even developers
>>
>>53896317
>Firefox isn't spyware

Hehehe
>>
Mozilla lost their focus and made a few bad decisions but I think they're actually starting to realize their mistakes and reverting a couple of them back.

Regardless of that firefox is probably better now than it has been in a long time. There's not many memory leaks left, firefox is fast and responsive, there's finally a port to win64, there's e10s in two of the three dev branches, addon signing to block bundleware trash, async-plugin loading for more responsive plugins, sandboxing for NPAPI plugins is being worked on, new addon APIs are on the way to replace the previous ones which are actively hindering progress and are inherently insecure.
>>
>>53897424
>TileTabs

TileTabs is a-fucking-mazing. Use it daily.
>>
>>53896364
This
>>
>>53900139
Addon signing is not a good thing. The new APIs are not intrinsically a bad thing, and I do agree that there are security issues with the current one, but a lot of functionality is going to be lost regardless.
>>
>>53900139
Sure, better than ever... Sacrifizing all what makes Firefox unique for so called "security" and Chrome parity...

Fuck this "better" into the ass!
>>
google taking over the mozilla project back in FF 3.5 or whatever
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.