[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If reality is a simulation(and it fucking is, this is so blatantly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1455354664476.jpg (101 KB, 513x486) Image search: [Google]
1455354664476.jpg
101 KB, 513x486
If reality is a simulation(and it fucking is, this is so blatantly obvious. We make millions of simulations a day as one planet, why would we be unique? Why would reality have all these arbitrary maximums in physics?), what are the chance that the program/god has some kind of self aware agency like human gods? If we had the tech and physics allowing for such comprehensive simulation, would we introduce a "god" into the machine?
>>
>>53895878
ye-ye, simulation meme, jump off the window and get rotten in the ground my funny matrix kid.
>>
you can disprove this by observing non-contiguous functions and the lack of conservation in integrative levels in phenomenon

/thread

go back to philosophy class, underage-b& (you)
>>
>>53895937
Not op, but are you retarded? No you can't. That we can observe this by itself means that we can "emulate" it ourselves through direct imitation.
>>
I am God

Ask me anything
>>
>>53895937
We don't know all the variables of reality, you can't say shit is non-contiguous. And conservation isn't a problem if we are simulated in a reality with infinity energy.
>>
>>53896019
Will they invent surgery to give me a womb in my lifetime? What about reverse/halted aging processes?
>>
>>53896019
>We make millions of simulations a day as one planet, why would we be unique?
We only have 1 software/simulation on going as we speech, but as in a computer you need the hardware/kernel and OS so the software can run. All you see and even you are the hardware/kernel

>Why would reality have all these arbitrary maximums in physics?)
You need somethng to run smooth and with a riability so the software/simulation could run

>what are the chance that the program/god has some kind of self aware agency like human gods?
The universe is indeed some sort of failure in the system, a corruption of the system was the only way that we could achieve the simulation of "God" which in means of technnology would be the idea behind the hardware/kernel.

>If we had the tech and physics allowing for such comprehensive simulation, would we introduce a "god" into the machine?
Yes we did in the form of Jesus (aka RMS)
>>
Implying that reality is indeed a simulation. Then, at what layer of simulation are we in?
Did the gods that created us, were also simulations themselves? And because of their limited resources, everything in our universe is so far away and we are the only planet in our system that has complex life form?

How do we cheat it? How do we generate infinite resources? Did they manage to create us by tricking their simulation and they're just fucking with us? Do they know we exist? Is the messiah a human with admin privileges?
>>
>>53895878
>I can't prove it isn't true so it's obvious that it is true.

t. every religion and also atheism
>>
>>53895878
Find the end of Pi, if you do it's proof we're in a simulation. Otherwise it's pure spiculation.
>>
>>53895878
>If reality is a simulation
This question is non-falsifiable therefore doesn't make sense to ask.
>>
>>53896102
Literally no atheist I've ever met claims to know there is no gods, all fedora memes aside.
>>53896099
We don't know the variables of the universe that is simulating us, it could have infinite resources. Or the computer could be emulating our universe over an infinite amount of time, making the allocated resources irrelevant since it might just use a trillion trillion years for every second we perceive
>>
>>53896123
>put pi in program
>tell program to gradually increase complexity of pi throughout the simulation
>end can never be found
>>
File: why stallman.png (128 KB, 414x225) Image search: [Google]
why stallman.png
128 KB, 414x225
this nigga
>>
File: human.gif (368 KB, 540x6351) Image search: [Google]
human.gif
368 KB, 540x6351
>>53895878
>>
>>53896150
>Literally no atheist I've ever met claims to know there is no gods
Denial of the existence of any sort of deity is the definition of atheism, you cuck. "I dunno lol" is agnosticism.
>>
>>53896273
"I don't believe there is a god" is not the same as "I know there is no god", nor as "I don't know if there's a god"
Atheists don't believe there is a god, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>53896273
No, the definition of atheist is " not a theist".
From koine greek
A prefix - without (apathy, atypical, etc)
Theism - the belief in god (s)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.