[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I figured you guys would know the best way to copy VHS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: $_35.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
Hey /g/, I figured you guys would know the best way to copy VHS tapes to PC or DVD? I only have a few tapes that I need to copy, so I don't want to buy a player just to copy them.

Any suggestions?
>>
You want to copy VHS tapes without a VHS player?

Take them to a store that will do it for you.
>>
>>53895469

I have a VHS player. I'm not sure how to connect it to my PC, or another way to make copies.

Will a store make a copy of copyrighted material?
>>
>>53894885
>I only have a few tapes that I need to copy, so I don't want to buy a player just to copy them.
Then It will be helluvalot more frugal to find a dedicated service and pay someone to do it for you. They already have the equipment required.
>>
>>53895489
>Will a store make a copy of copyrighted material?
I'm fairly sure copyright laws both in Europe and the US do not apply to "backup copies".
So yes, as long as the VHS tapes you give them are legal you should be okay.
>>
>>53895489
>I don't want to buy a player
>I have a VHS player
>I'm not sure how to connect it to my PC
>image related
What exactly do you want from us?
>>
>>53895523

Gotcha. I have some old martial arts tapes that are no longer in production, so I was wanting to back them up since the tapes are old.
>>
>>53895539

I guess I wanted to be spoonfed, sorry man. I was wondering if pic related was all that was needed, and what brand or whatever was the best kind to use.

tl;dr op was a fag, no surprise there.
>>
What the fuck is on VHS that you HAVE to save?
That said there's plenty of Dongles that are cheap as fuck but only do 480i
>>
>>53895561
RTFM
>>
>>53895564

see >>53895544

I don't HAVE to save them, but I would like to. The company no longer makes them, and I can't find anyone else who has made copies. They're not great videos, but I still like them for what they are.
>>
>>53895586
There's only a few options really, some crappy $10-25 chink dongle that does 480i at best or pay slightly more for a decent dongle that has a hardware encoder but still does 480p at best. or $50-200 for something that can do 720p or better.
>>
>>53895603

Hmm, alright thanks. A cheap copy is better than no copy at least. The quality isn't great on the tapes anyway, so whatever.

Thanks for the help everyone.
>>
>>53895635
>The quality isn't great on the tapes anyway, so whatever.
That's exactly the reason why you should pay for the highest quality digitalization possible.

To not loose on the quality even further.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.