[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
laptop for machine learning Do you have some recommandations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: r.jpg (71 KB, 530x544) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
71 KB, 530x544
laptop for machine learning

Do you have some recommandations ?

It will not be my main workstation, I plan to run virtual machines on distant server. That's why I'm only focusing on CPU, RAM and proper capacity to install a Win10/Linux dual boot.
>>
File: batkek.jpg (27 KB, 372x338) Image search: [Google]
batkek.jpg
27 KB, 372x338
>an image containing both a laptop and a neural network
>>
>>53894355
yes I know...
>>
>>53894324
that laptop will do

if you want to do real shit, then get a good workstation with a really good graphics card. gpu programming is on the up and up in machine learning.
>>
Any laptop will do for your toy programs, and if you want to get serious no laptop will do
>>
I'm currently training a neural network with 354 nodes in between the input and output layer, so 118 nodes for each hidden layer. It's taking quite a while, so far it's been running for around 13 hours and it still hasn't finished.

I don't even have that much data. The box I'm running this on has a decent CPU and 5GB RAM.
>>
>>53894324
The people I know who work with machine learning use thinkpad x1 carbon laptops dual booted. Not sure if they are necessary since they didn't pay for them, but they're certainly sufficient since they did choose them.
>>
>>53894324
Laptop machine learning.... huehuehue
>>
>>53894324
>It will not be my main workstation, I plan to run virtual machines on distant server. That's why I'm only focusing on CPU, RAM and proper capacity to install a Win10/Linux dual boot.

I got two recommendations
https://minifree.org/product/libreboot-t400/
https://minifree.org/product/libreboot-x200/
>>
>>53895190
You should be training your data in over 10 epochs anyways. On a laptop shit should take at least a week.
>>
>>53894324
you forgot the key word "DEEP"
>>
>>53895257
I originally wanted to make this shit run on my own PC but the AI library was giving me a hard time so I just installed it on linux. The fuckup was that I didn't have enough resources to spare for a VM on my own machine so I had to rent a virtual server.
>>
>>53894324

lenovo p50
hp zbook g2/3
dell 5510
optional xeons, at least quadro m1000m's and except for the dell, ECC RAM
>>
>>53894324
Just don't. Use the remote servers.
What do you think you can do on the laptop that the servers can't? The only thing is being able to do your work with no internet connection.

But if you have no connection, you're probably on the move and the battery life is probably a more pressing issue, not suitable for machine learning.
>>
>>53894324
>anything less than 4 titan blacks and an i7
>machine learning
choose precisely one, inbred.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.