[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was playing a song on soundcloud when the sound distorted and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: wtf.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Was playing a song on soundcloud when the sound distorted and the screen had pic related pattern on it for a few seconds before screen went black.

Now whenever I restart it this odd pattern remains and when I log in it goes to black.

I can however log in through safe mode ok and everything seems to be functioning normally.

I dont know much about computer's but is it safe to say its a graphics card issue? My graphics card has been giving me issues for months basically it will constantly overheat and shut off my computer after playing games for 20+ min no matter what I try to keep it cool, or what settings i change.

if it is a graphics card issue wouldn't that mean that the same problem would happen in safe mode? or does safe mode not utalize the gfx card? again i am very limited in my technical knowledge and am wondering if anyone could help me.

Also if its the gfx card is it possible that it would distort the shit out of my sound?
The song I was listening to at the time this happened turned into the weirdest sounds I have ever heard, it actually scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>53889298
>>>/wsr/
read the fucking sticky
>>
>>53889298
it's likely that this is a graphics card issue

try switching drivers, cleaning the dust off it, and in the worst case you'll have to perform a reflow on the card using a heat gun or an oven
>>
So actually in safe mode it makes a similar messed up pattern. Can anyone please tell me what might be causing this? I dont know what else to do.
>>
>>53889512

Thanks man, appreciate that, does this advice still stand if it actually does something similar in safe mode? It looked like safe mode was ok but I came back a min later and it had a similar messed up pattern
>>
>>53889512
Don't let Louis rossmann hear you saying that
>>
It's dead, Jim. You should've taken care of the overheating problem before it got this bad.
>>
>>53889610

I wanted to but I was and still am flat broke so i pretty much knew i was gonna run it till it fucked up. Guess that times finally here
>>
>>53889633
Usually a GPU overheats because the heatsink is clogged with dust ($0 fix), the fan is dead (cheap fix), or your case has terrible airflow (usually free or cheap if you have basic tools).
>>
File: 1146697782411.jpg (80 KB, 856x575) Image search: [Google]
1146697782411.jpg
80 KB, 856x575
>>53889540
Usually patterns like that happen when information in the VRAM is corrupted, this can be caused by hardware failure, overheat, or software / driver issues.

Since the issue is present in safemode it's very likely that this is NOT a software issue.

Remove all built-up dust, verify fan functionality, check temps voltages and clocks for accuracy, if all those check out and the issue is still present try lowering memory frequency and turning up the fan, if the issue persists it's safe to assume the card is teh fux0red.
>>
You habe a broke vidya card
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.