[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
holy fucking shit /g/ i just went to order a 390 for my new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: soldout.jpg (149 KB, 453x944) Image search: [Google]
soldout.jpg
149 KB, 453x944
holy fucking shit /g/

i just went to order a 390 for my new build and literally four(4) times in a row it sold out while i was in checkout

ALL of these cards sold out just in the past few hours

what the fuck. i'm assuming this is because of nvidia not announcing pascal at GTC today, so all the people that have been waiting for months decided to just go with an r9 390

i didn't want to go with xfx or powercolor so i went with an asus 390x for my new build. i hope i don't regret but i kind of already do
>>
>>53888671
subbed :)
>>
>>53888958
it's less about me and more about how fast they sold out after nvidia disappointed everyone at GTC today
>>
Probably has something to do with the Vive/Rift being released too
>>
>Asus
You fucked up
>>
>>53890790
i know it gets bad reviews but i trust asus. i've been using an asus hd5850
>>
>>53890904
I heard they pretty much stopped caring about AMD
>>
>>53890921
why are their ATi cards so popular then?
>>
I am still using a 7850 and got a 1440p monitor so I'd really like a better card, but am waiting for new ones.

From the sound of it I may end up waiting a year, but the more I wait the less inclined I am to pay for a new one since it won't be useful as long.
>>
>>53890940
They did care back then
>>
>>53890956
well the asus 390x can't be hotter than my current card. it idles at 60c and is comfortable above 80c under load and it's been running for 7 straight years
>>
>>53890984
Well I'm just warning you
>>
>>53891006
i get what you mean. i'm putting it into a pretty small case. cooling will definitely be an issue
>>
>>53888671
Powercolor PCS+ coolers are tied with Sapphire Nitro for the best R9 390 coolers in existence. Asus makes shit coolers for the R9 390. Unless you got lucky on the silicon lottery, you just paid extra for a worse product by sticking to your brand loyalties.
>>
>>53888671
It's probably due to VR, 3.5 and Pascal supposedly shitting the bed earlier today. People getting tired of waiting.
>>
My intention was to wait for pascal, but note I'm giving in and buying a new card.
I currently have a r9 280x. What would be a good upgrade? I got $150 gift card for best buy to put towards something.
>>
>>53893363
the r9 fury. Solid card, gbm memory and 2 of these barely cost over $800 nowadays and can run anything you throw at it at 40 fps+. Honestly though, just fucking wait for pascal/olaris, nothing interesting is getting released anyway nowadays.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.