[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So was Google Glass one of the most overhyped pieces of tech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 4534583569.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
4534583569.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
So was Google Glass one of the most overhyped pieces of tech in history? No-one even remembers that it exists. Everyone is talking about VR, hoLOLens and GoPro, and I haven't seen or heard anyone talk about Glass in at least a year.
>>
>>53888423
it looks dumb and the only remotely cool thing it did was live stream some surgeries.
>>
>>53888423
why did you add gopro to that list..?
>>
>>53889925

Which could have been the sole function of the device. Instead hipster millennial faggots go to bars and movie theaters looking like the douches they are and claim 1st amendment to record people in public.

I hate hipster millennial faggots.
>>
>hype your uncompleted project up
>higher ups catch on and give you more resources to go on with it
>>
>>53889941
Because one of the things people were hyping Glass for was its ability to stream live from an always-on camera. GoPro does the same thing.
>>
Went to one of their testing events. It really wasn't a very good product. The screen was difficult to read in normal daylight. Even indoors you really needed to look at something non-white to read it easily. It probably works great in the San Fransisco Bay area where it's overcast a lot but in places with sun, it was close to worthless.
>>
>>53888423
I quit dislike microcock but I do want the hololens for the idea of having holograms everywhere you want like your waifu next to you in the reality environment and to add in as a dev use in my art projects
>>
>>53889991

methinks ye haves some strong feels regarding Hipster Millennial Faggots™
>>
>>53888423
>GoPro

What the fuck?
>>
All the parking attendants in Finland use it.
>>
>>53890933
See now that's an actual good use for an AR display, even something as tiny as Google Glass. Google's issue was trying to make this into a smartwatch with less control when even smartwatches sucked ass at controlling
>>
>>53888423
they should have made some way to easily put physical barrier between camera and the world, so that privacyfags wouldn't be all assblasted about it.
I hope they refine the concept and come up with Glass V2. And that it gets available outside burgerland.
>>
>>53888423
>hoLOLens
>implying the hololens isn't miles more interesting than any of the VR headsets
3/10 nice bait, made me reply
>>
>>53890900

We all hate them
>>
>>53888423
Everyone forgets it was a test pilot that suddenly blew up. I doubt it's dead; Google's just keeping quiet now.
>>
>>53892587
Not that they could possibly compete with HoloLens.
>>
>>53888423
Google felt it wasn't ready yet and decided to cancel funding on it.
>>
>>53893341
Google is the shittiest company on the planet. they buy and sell ideas like they were stocks. they sold Boston Dynamics off and i'll never forgive them for it. bunch of narrow sighted fucks.
>>
I actually have seen more people using Googley Eyes than any other VR stuff. Yeah people are talking about other things, but this fills a niche that I don't think a lot of other products do.

Granted, it's still shit, but...
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.