[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna install a PS4 inside my PC rig (Meaning that im itending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: NZXT-Phantom-3L.jpg (130 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
NZXT-Phantom-3L.jpg
130 KB, 1280x1024
I wanna install a PS4 inside my PC rig (Meaning that im itending to have both a PC and Playstation in the same case). I am pretty much just put for the exclusives. I dont own a ps4 and I dont know alot of the inside. Is it as easy as extending some cables and applying 12v to the mobo?

Pic related
>>
Sometimes, I don't know if you're shitposting /g/..
>>
>>53887350
What does /g/ stand for again?
>>
>>53887386
fag/g/otry
>>
>>53887386
>>53887350
Asked this in /v/, and they redirected me here.
>>
File: 1356530530079.jpg (81 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1356530530079.jpg
81 KB, 500x375
>>53887287
you can do anything if you're creative enough. i'm using an old ass proprietary HP case that only fits old ass proprietary HP parts, so my power supply is held in place with dental floss and the mobo power relay is connected to a power button on a second case that sits beside it.

call the cops i don't give a fuck
>>
It's sort of pointless, plus you're going to impede the airflow for both systems, so it's bound to get really hot. Just have them next to each other
>>
>>53887287
It's simple, all you have to do is
[spoiler]install gentoo[/spoiler]
>>
>>53887477
Whoops, forgot I'm not on a shitposting board, so I can't spoiler.
>>
>>53887421
>>>/diy/
Better suited, /v/ and /g/ doesnt know shit
>>
>>53887287
What do you hope to achieve by doing this?
>>
>>53887512
To be fair, he also asked /vg/
>>
File: 1459643779085.png (199 KB, 438x544) Image search: [Google]
1459643779085.png
199 KB, 438x544
>>53887454
Ghetto AF SENPAI.
>>
>>53887287
Thats an extra 120w of heat output which is entirely unnecessary, if you have the space amd really want to you should disassemble the PS4 chassis and figure out how to mount just guts (maybe on the panel instead of bays or free mobo-side space) instead of completely fucking up your airflow amd thermals.
>>
test
>>
>>53887287
Most cases have holes for routing external water-blocks; route your ps4's power cord out one of the holes along with whatever vdeo output you choose, just have the ps4 power be separate from the PSU for your computer. Mounting the drive and the HDD into the available slots in the case and route the power button to an unused expansion slot or drill a hole into the case and mount a button next to the front panel buttons. Lastly you would have to mount the mobo opposite of your computer's, I would suggest nigger rigging it by tying a loop through one of the holes and hanging it from the ceiling where you can loop through the fan mount holes.
>>
>>53887287
It can be done but it will not be worth it. Just use your PS4 on the outside like a sane person.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.