[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't this a valid line of reasoning?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ThisLooksShopped[1].jpg (56 KB, 464x428) Image search: [Google]
ThisLooksShopped[1].jpg
56 KB, 464x428
Isn't this a valid line of reasoning?
>>
Arguments like "I know this because of past experiences I have had, I don't need to reason it any more" always make me cringe.
>>
>>53887066
So the scientific method makes you cringe? Daily life must be difficult.
>>
>>53887066
Not everyone is autistic enough to want to re-invent the wheel every time they're asked to "prove" something.
>>
The meat of the joke is the phrasing itself, within the right context.
>>
>>53887114
There's nothing scientific about "This is true because I think so". Silly mouthbreather.

>>53887152
No, but you should still be able to back your words up with more than feelings and opinions.
>>
>>53887233
>No, but you should still be able to back your words up with more than feelings and opinions.
In a casual context backing yourself up with claims of prior experience is perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>53887233
"This is true because I think so" is completely different from "This is true because I have seen identical situations in the past with the same result."

Go back to school.
>>
>>53887114
yeah

lead-pipes and lobotomies were fucking great, right?

science cannot actually be explained logically
>>
>>53887346
I don't understand your gibberish. Make sense or stop posting.
>>
Inductive reasoning is where you draw conclusion from limited sources. Its how we operate in real life 90% of the time. Deductive reasoning is where conclusion is irrefutably covered logically by the evidence. Both are means to discover truth and both of them can lead to wrong conclusions.
>>
File: p4esFgu.jpg (33 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
p4esFgu.jpg
33 KB, 650x366
>>53887346
>science cannot actually be explained logically
>science cannot explained logically
>science cannot logically
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.