[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COMPUTER SECURITY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: internet-computer-security.jpg (356 KB, 1699x1130) Image search: [Google]
internet-computer-security.jpg
356 KB, 1699x1130
If I want the best security possible against surveillance/hackers/malware what software and hardware do you recommend?

Best encryption software?
Best antivirus?
Best network sniffers?
etc

I need to defend against the hacker known as "four chan"
>>
Obligatory bump cause I want to see what people have to say

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encryption_software
>>
>veracrypt
>NOTHING (if you have to something lightweight)
>dunno, is nothing of importance for me
>>
File: shot-20160405-1941-kgloya.jpg (204 KB, 1280x1728) Image search: [Google]
shot-20160405-1941-kgloya.jpg
204 KB, 1280x1728
>>53886521
I'm starting up freecst.com which stands for Free Computer Security Training I think it's a good idea how I plan to make money is via support from people who like my work and maybe via sales of products I test and sell for hacking.
wireless cards, hardware, software ect...
Hard to find places that wanna give me a commission but luckily im doing it as a hobby and passion while I may be a noob to a lot of you who troll me and make fun of me that won't stop me from pushing forward I get tons of views to my site and youtube channel so and granted i can't please everyone so im not gonna try to.

So have fun trolling me :)
By the way I'd love to attend a SANS class but I know that shit is a bit over my head I have a learning disability so im slower at learning things I just like to share what I learned with other people.
>picture related.

Ohh i wanna get a better web design done but im too broke to afford a $1,000+ web design so i'll have to stick to a shit web site design till maybe I find some people who share the same passion i do to maybe help me with web design or videos and stuff.
>>
>>53886521

protip: READ THE FUCKING STICKY

Always take your security updates and general updates UNLESS, there's an exact reason not to.

The /g/ Wiki can explain everything else.

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>>53886521
Use a secure DNS with DNSCrypt. Use a Hardware based VPN
Use GNU/Linux or Qubes OS
Hardware firewall enabled router, also always keep your firewall up
Privacy Badger+HTTPS everewhere+uBlock origin. Optionally uMatrix in your browser
NO antivirus. They are all snake oil spyware. You cannot download and install security. IDK why winkids think that way.
Regularly change your password. Use 2 stage authentication and a password manager.
Never keep yourself logged in google or facebook etc
Encrypt your Hard disk and phone
Encrypted email services
Lastly, only install softwares from your distros official repository. Never install things from arbitrary websites without verifying checksum.
>>
>>53886966
Also, harden your kernel with grsecurity and PaX. Enable Role-based-access-control (RBAC)
>>
>>53886521
Their is no such thing as security it's that simple. You want security disconnect from the internet and unplug your computer or devices that are vulnerable to hackers.
all that stuff your talking about is stuff that people use it's basically false sense of security because anyone who tells you to use this or that and it will protect you is basically giving you a way to feel secure but in the real world their is no such thing every thing can be broken its a matter of poking at it long enough.

the US government can break any encryption the stuff that is known about isn't the stuff you worry about what you need to worry about is visiting a website with the latest OS and updates and patches for all your software and you end up hitting a page that infects your system with ransomeware or installs a rootkit on your system.

I mean the shit my friends who study rootkits and stuff tell me shit that is just mind blown that people online are not aware about.

I mean system level and hardware level rootkits are a big deal to worry about.
I mean I run freecst.com to teach people at a entry level on what to look at for when it comes to attacks but the truth is their is no security at least not right now.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.