[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/flt/ - Friendly Linux Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
"It just werks" edition pt.2

To the history books: >>53868794

Welcome to /fg/lt/, or as I've recently taken to calling it, /fg+lt/. We are always open to users of all levels, including absolute beginners.

There are four ways to try GNU/Linux, you can:

0) Install a GNU/Linux OS on a VM (Virtual Machine/VirtualBox) for "safety purposes"
1) Use the Live ISO directly without installing anything, that way, you can get a "full GNU/Linux experience".
2) Dual-boot GNU/Linux with Windows/Mac (recommended if you want to learn more about GNU/Linux)
3) Go balls deep and overwrite everything with GNU/Linux

Before asking, please search for answers to your questions in resources.

Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.

Understand that much of your software from Windows will be unavailable, although maybe WINE can make up for it.

Resources:
man <insert command here>
Your friendly neighborhood search engine (searx.me, ixquick, whatever)
https://wiki.archlinux.org/ (Most of the configurations and troubleshoots will work on various distros, including Debian)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux
http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux/
>>
People that bully linux are not allowed ITT
>>
>TFW it looks/feels like I'm still stuck in 1990

H-how can I improve this and make it look stylish and funky?
>>
>>53885549
>>>/g/desktop
>>
best audio converter for linux?
>>
I am thinking about switching from Ubuntu to Debian...
What is different? Will I have a hard time adjusting to Debian? How beginner friendly is it? What about Ubuntu CLI commands, are they usable in Debian in the same form?
I'll be using LXDE as a DE, most likely. Any issues with Debian and certain DEs?
Anything else?
>>
>>53885564
windows
>>
>>53885549
dat freakish zombie fonts.
killyourself.niggAVI
>>
>>53885562
o-okay...

I just didn't want to get bullied and it doesn't seem like they help much
>>
>>53885549
Use urxvt
Use solarized
Maybe use a different de/wm like i3
>>
>>53885564

sox
>>
>>53885568
Apart from hardware support and retarded Ubuntu services like the software updater and the app store it's pretty much the same thing. Depending on which Debian version you choose packages may be newer/older than Ubuntu.
>>
>>53885530
what about people who affectionately give linux a hard time?
>>
>>53885630
okay anon, i think i'll bite the bullet
candy bullet at least since i'm going with stable
>>
>>53885622
>Use solarized

fancy tbqh. I will use it. Thanks!

>Maybe use a different de/wm like i3

I like xfce, plus my computer is a piece of shit

>>53885618
>dat freakish zombie fonts.

i-i like t-them...

I use monospaced for reading, it works gud
>>
>>53885669
i3 is as lightweight as it gets, its just a wm
>>
First for systemd
>>
>>53885568
Ubuntu is based on Debian, familia. You'll find many similarities. Basically every CLI command in Ubuntu comes from Debian.

The differences focus mainly on freedom, less-bloat, less hand-holding, more customization, more security, more stability, and more learning opportunities.

I wouldn't call it beginner friendly precisely, more like for an intermediate to advanced user that wants to switch FROM a beginner distro. You'll have to look up stuff on wikis, read, get informed, but it is sufficiently friendly without feeling patronizing. Don't worry, it's not Arch-tier suffering.

It is my personal opinion that a Debian net-install is the comfiest thing in the whole world. I found my home in this OS.

Give this a read too: https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian
>>
>>53885549
lol at your ancient desktop
>debian stable
>linux 3.x
>xfce
>serif fonts
>dated hardware
>>
>>53885622
>use solarized
fuck off shit taster
>>
>>53885687
>i3 is as lightweight as it gets, its just a wm

I know but don't really like it, feels unnatural desu.

The performance I was more getting at other DE's since it eats up my shit too much if I use KDE or cinnamon

>>53885699
i-it werks at least......... r-right?
>>
>>53885669
You can actually use i3 with xfce https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=6831.0
>>
File: raw.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
raw.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>53885691
>I found my home in this OS.

try to do something useful on that crap
i dare you
>>
>>53885549
Install a decent gtk theme and icon theme, change a few things in the settings, use the font rendering preset on the debian wiki, disable desktop shortcuts.
>>
>>53885789
But I do, every day.
>>
>>53885797
Why does screenfetch not find my fonts? I am using DejaVu(tm)
>>
>>53885808
wha? gook cartoons?
>>
>>53885851
Did you install them properly?
>>
Hey guys, for unknown reasons, I'm not able to log back in to my account on Xubuntu after logging out, and Alt+Ctrl+F1 and trying to log in there doesn't work either.

Whenever I use the graphical interface, I get logged in, but nothing loads.

I've tried using an older kernel, but that didn't work.

wat do?

Here's the output whenever I try a graphical login:

Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS anon-ThinkPad-X61s tty1

anon-ThinkPad-X61s login: [ 8065.603993] ecryptfs_encrypt_page: Error attempting to write lower page; rc = [-28]
[ 8065.613175] ecryptfs_write_metadata_to_contents: Error attempting to write header information to lower file; rc = [-28]
[ 8065.613324] ecryptfs_write_metadata: Error writing metadata out to lower file; rc = [-28]
[ 8065.613431] Error writing headers; rc = [-28]
[ 8125.689866] ecryptfs_write_metadata_to_contents: Error attempting to write header information to lower file; rc = [-28]
[ 8125.690016] ecryptfs_write_metadata: Error writing metadata out to lower file; rc = [-28]
[ 8125.690663] ecryptfs_encrypt_page: Error attempting to write lower page; rc = [-28]

I hope this helps.
>>
>>53885549
>>53885562
>>53885618
>>53885622
>>53885699
>>53885797
>current year
>ricing
lmao
no rice is the new rice
>>
>>53885918
s-so i'm ahead of the game?

Great!
>>
>>53885660
>>53885691
i'm nervous actually
why am i nervous
how do i get rid of the feeling that something's going to fuck up?
>>
File: clint.jpg (70 KB, 625x342) Image search: [Google]
clint.jpg
70 KB, 625x342
>>53885918
>rice
its 2016 Fagetti

things need to be done
>>
>>53885862
Computational Physics.
>>
>>53885882
have you tried to remove the password ?
>>
>>53886005
quantitative theory already exists.
you are wasting your time.
>>
>>53886085
Fuckin lol.
>>
>>53885677
Thanks for the suggestion mang
>>
>>53885923
absolutely friend

as soon as you accept the fact that with the ongoing gtk2/3 transition and constant kde/qt version updates you will never get your desktop to look good outside of carefully orchestrated screenshots that only serve a purpose in desktop autism on /g/ the sooner the quality of your GNU/Linux™ experience will improve a lot.

Just get a theme that doesn't suffer from horrible inconsistencies and call it good

Serif fonts look outstanding on a screen with high enough dpi too.

Shift your energy towards something more useful other that pointless cirklejerk
>>
>>53886037
>have you tried to remove the password ?
loonix in one sentence. thank you anon
>>
>>53886085
>quantitative theory already exists

Well, yeah, that's sort of the point of Computational Physics. Implementing numerical solutions and simulations for problems that have a working theory.

That's sort of like saying "math already exists, you're wasting your time, physicists"

???
>>
File: Retard.png (216 KB, 376x490) Image search: [Google]
Retard.png
216 KB, 376x490
>>53886117
forgot the pic
>>
>>53885882
Did you dist-upgrade your system?
>>
>>53886147
Contrafibularity perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOSYiT2iG08
>>
File: 1371211136562.jpg (103 KB, 400x417) Image search: [Google]
1371211136562.jpg
103 KB, 400x417
I'm trying to install a newer version of some software, Krita.

I've added their PPA, and then apt-get installed krita, but I think it's still picking up the older version that's available from standard ubuntu PPAs (I think?)

How can I tell my system to NOT install the older packages?
>>
>>53886037
What do you mean?
>>
I'm having trouble connecting to my schools eduroam wifi on campus. I'm using Arch with Gnome 3. What do I need to do to fix this?
>>
>>53886296
>I'm having trouble connecting to my schools eduroam wifi on campus
>eduroam
Good fucking luck. Shit's unreliable as fuck.
>>
>>53886296
mother of god.
install android for fucks sake
>>
>>53886296
>What do I need to do to fix this?
Probably a more detailed problem description mate.
>>
I'm trying to get familiar with shell scripting.
At the moment im trying to port a program that heavily relies on python.
I came across this line inside a shell script

PYTHONPATH=.:"$PYTHONPATH"

I dont understand the meaning of .:
I do know what . means in the context of directories and that : can be interpreted as true or NOP but I have no idea what it means in this assignment.
>>
>>53886296
Lmao that shit aint working bro. I'm running Ubuntu and it chooses when to work.
>>
>>53886296
Try to use this, disregard the language, if you're not dumb as fuck you should figure it out from the screenshots.

http://eduroam.us.edu.pl/konfiguracja/konfiguracja-dla-systemu-linux-%E2%80%93-ubuntu
>>
>>53886325
Thanks
>>53886330
OK
>>53886349
Whenever I try to connect to campus wifi, I put in my username and password like you would for a WPA2 network, but I guess I don't have the right packages to connect to eduroam, so it won't let me connect.
>>
Guys, so what the hell happened with Ian from Debian?

The info from the articles reporting the events around his death are very sparse.
>>
>>53886296
I was ABOUT to suggest talking to your campus tech support desk, but
>Arch
Yeah right.
>>
File: opensusepasshelp.png (48 KB, 921x976) Image search: [Google]
opensusepasshelp.png
48 KB, 921x976
Hi guys, I'm having a hard time trying to create a password for an user. I have read passwd manual and I can't find anything regarding to create a password, however I did find a bunch of other helpful commands such as -d (delete a user's password)

I'm using OpenSuse 13.1

pic related
>>
>>53886116
i can't find a fancy enough theme tho
>>
>>53886415
do you enjoy looking at blindlingly bright flatshit?
>>
>>53886393
sudoku
>>
>>53886410
have you tried just
passwd
and following the instructions?

mate?
>>
So guys I have a question - what the fuck is up with Ubuntu security?

My little brother had a laptop with an Ubuntu partition from YEARS ago, and he hadn't used it in a long time. He wanted to check out what was in his user account but he had forgotten his password. He asked me for help

I googled how to recover and change a user password by logging in as root during boot and it was so fucking easy that my jaw dropped a little.

Is it supposed to be that easy? is it also like that for Debian, or any other Linux distro? I wouldn't know, as I don't have much experience with it
>>
>>53886423
I want something sleek yet stylish that doesn't look like a meme
>>
>>53886441
Yes.
Its supposed to be that easy.
If someone has physical access then youre fucked.
Which is why people use encryption when theyre scared of having their equipment seized.
>>
>>53886438
forgot to mention, I created a user called "Henk" in vim /etc/passwd and I filled the password in as "x"
Now I have to stay logged in as Root and create a new password for Henk.

I know it might sound a bit stupid but I'm pretty new to linux and we have to do this for a project in school.

Thanks in advance mate.
>>
File: baldrick.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
baldrick.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
install latest loonix distro (any)
install wine to play cs1.6 (muh only vidya)
screen is tearing 110%
trying to install some addon shit for wine. same shit
trying to open word file = utter crap on libre. like nigger trying to spell white on blackboard with charred ghandi flip-flops.
cop firefox profile from win7, fan literary hits the shit.
>preparing unprepared preps for prepared crap for every fucing thing i'm installing.
>removing previously removed removable removing crap is currentlyremoving. please wait-removing previously removable package.
fonts are shitrunes tier, can't do shit about chrome/ff renering
must be ninja coder to remove arrow from desktop shortcuts
cannot flash boot on HP workstation (windoze only)
can't into full nvidia settings
posting this in le Friendly loonix thread

FUCK YOU!
>cannot remember windows positions and size
>le intelligent placement
>place any dock
>cannot keep it under active windows by default
>install docky. cannot remove anchor icon.
>try to place shortcuts on desktop
>ugly cancer shortcuts appears (cannot replace icons unless having ninja-foot eating coding skills)
>trying to modify menu, windoze ghost apperas.
>trying to stfu fan. BIOS cannot flush from loonix, blz use windoze (nd install 158 shitobytes of drivers)
>trying to gparted and refugee to windoze; heh, no can do.
eating_own_proprietary_feet.gif
>>
>>53886489
Are you unwell, sir?
We can barely understand your blabbering
>>
>>53886442
>sleek
>stylish
>not a meme
Can you describe what you want instead of using extremely vague buzzwords that mean absolute fuck shit?

Have you read my previous post?
Your "ideal theme" whatever your preferences are doesn't exist.
If it looks pretty, it looks pretty only on the pictures, and falls apart as soon as you touch it.

Now answer the question, does blindingly bright flatshit theme (albeit consistent) with colourful accents bother you?
>>
>>53886506
is that a fact?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOSYiT2iG08
>>
>>53886460
I should really get around doing a fresh install of Debian and encrypting my laptop's HDD. I'm not so scared about my desktop's, as I live in an apartment building and I'm not really scared of getting robbed there.

Do you have yours encrypted? Are there any practical differences for day to day use? Any common blunders newbies to encrypting may make?
>>
>>53886530
>Now answer the question, does blindingly bright flatshit theme (albeit consistent) with colourful accents bother you?

Yes, kind of.

>Can you describe what you want instead of using extremely vague buzzwords that mean absolute fuck shit?

Not really sure how to describe it. Just something that is efficient and looks decent. That's kind of why I like XFCE, that kind of style doesn't look bad to me desu.

Most of the ones in /desktop/ threads look like shit to me also
>>
>>53886479
That's not how you create new users
>>
>>53886557
>Just something that is efficient and looks decent.
Again, vague buzzwords that mean fuck shit.

>efficient
The default one

gnome-look.org
>>
>>53886441
>logging in as root
And you expect what to stop you from whatever you want to do?
>>
>>53886540
you've already posted this
>>
>>53886580
>Again, vague buzzwords that mean fuck shit.

How the hell am I suppose to describe it then?
>>
>>53886438
Got it thanks, it was passwd henk (password)
didn't think it would be that simple.
>>
File: moonman.jpg (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
moonman.jpg
10 KB, 400x400
>>53886603
see
>>
>>53886580
>gnome
>using a de that has a fucking init system dependency
>>
>>53886560
Hmm, in my exercise it says "Create a extra user with the following data"
Loginname: "henk"
password: x
user ID: 1001
group ID: 100 (users)
full name: Henk Jan
Home-dir: /home/henk
Shell: bin/bash

this is what I wrote in vim /etc/passwd and then saved using :qw
>>
>>53886372
In PATH-type environment variables, : is just a separator. Compare if to PATH(where the shell and the exec*p C functions find executable s):

$ echo $PATH

. means the current working directory.
>>
>>53886551
No I dont use encryption and I only have a desktop pc atm.

Full disk encryption might notably decrease your boot-time and also have a slight impact on performance.

Use a secure password and don't forget it.
You can't do much wrong with full disk encryption.
>>
why is linux so comfy?
>>
>>53886657
gnome-look.org is for general gtk2/3 artwork
but xorg-related shit and other non-gtk stuff has it's place there too.

I guess you're just retarded anon.
Sorry.
>>
>>53885509
what's the most have fonts?
I'm on a fresh install and don't want to bloat it with fonts I'll never use, but i like the kanjis and utf-8 symbols.

Any useful guide to ininality? last arch instalation was perfect but can't remember how I did it, i3wm btw, so there's not a gui for that
>>
>>53886701
>notably decrease boot-time
What? Wouldn't it increase it, rather?
>>
>>53886703
It just is brah.

I think it has a lot to due with us taking it as part of our personality, somehow - and associating comfort and security with it.
>>
>>53886725
It will increase the time that your system takes to boot.

Brain-fart on my side.
>>
>>53886658
adduser.

Here's a little advice.
apropos

type apropos and follow it with a regular expression (single word works just fine) and then you can lessen the amount of matches with grep.

So for example if you needed the adduser command you can very easily type
apropos user | grep create

Try it anon, you will like it.
>>
>>53886772
Ah, okay that makes sense.
Does it ask for the password every time you boot the computer? Or when?
Sorry, that's probably a very dumb question
>>
>>53886712
I think the only ones I installed are dejavu and droid(for japanese characters).
>>
Alright, so there are a couple things that I will require windows 10 for, one of which is Killer Instinct. I hate Windows 10 though, so I'm thinking about setting up an Arch install and running a Win 10 VM for those couple of things. I'm having trouble finding out if my hardware supports IOMMU though, as all the resources I've found are outdated.
I'm running an i7 4790k which I've found explicitly listed as supporting it, but my motherboard is an MSI z97-g45. Is there a way of seeing if this will support it without actually going through the install process just to find I've wasted my time?
>>
>>53886785
apropos user | grep create
user: nothing appropriate

Not digging it so far.
>>
>>53886785
>apropos
Why not just man -k?
>>
>>53886798
There are different kinds of encryption.
If you normally boot from a hard drive and use full disk encryption on it then you will always have to enter the password when you boot from that hard drive.

You could also boot from a cd/usb/other hd but then you couldnt access the contents of the encrypted hard drive.
>>
>>53886833
useradd -m Username
to create a user, along with its home directory under /home, of course.
>>
>>53886833
Am I being bamboozled?
>>
>>53886798
Better to ask a dumb question and be enlightened than to stay silent and ignorant.
>>
>>53886847
Good question. Why does everyone recommend apropos instead?
>>
>>53886871
Oh yeah, I know, I'm not that guy. I just didn't know of apropos and tried it out on my own machine.

>>53886872
No, I did some searching around, and apparently the index for apropos isn't generated by default on Funtoo machines, I'd have to build it myself if I want to use it.
>>
>>53886785
>>53886833
>>53886847
>>53886847

Thanks for the great advice guys, I'm really looking forward to be a experienced linux-user, I have a really good teacher who explains everything perfectly. Might use Linux as my primary operating system when I feel like I won't do stupid things :p.

Any tips on finding the perfect distro?
>>
>>53886871 is for >>53886658.
>>
>>53886899
>Any tips on finding the perfect distro?
Generally just trying stuff out. You can often read on a distro's wiki what the target audience is, if you feel like you'd fit their description, you can opt to try it out if you feel adventurous. I'd suggest using VMs for starters, but I have my disks setup with LVM (and ZFS) to easily install new distros if I feel like it. Haven't felt like doing so after installing Funtoo though.
If you want, you could list your requirements/wishes for your perfect distro, and people in here may give you suggestions. Be aware that everyone is in love with another distro, and you'll get a lot of different suggestions.
>>
>>53886899
Just use what your teacher recommends.
It doesn't matter.

If the distro you learn has systemd you will be familiar with all major distros.
The differences are tiny and usually boil down to the configuration stuff.

I like fedora-based distros cause they keep everything "stock" or "close to upstream"
suse is notorious for doing shit in non standard way.
>>
>>53886899
If you've got the time and enthusiasm, try whatever piques your fancy and do some distro hopping.

Otherwise, read up on different distributions, ask questions you can't find the answers to yourself and you'll find something you have a decent chance of enjoying. Wikipedia's list of Linux distributions is a decent resource for getting a general picture.
>>
Go forth and bring me delightful numbers to tickle my fancy.
>>
>>53886987
Hope this tickles you enough
>>
I have a simple yet seemingly hard to solve problem. I'm trying to configure arch, but I can't get the networking right. I'm using ethernet btw. I just need a simple step by step guide on how to connect arch to the net via ethernet. I know everything needed for the set up (ip, gateway, ...).
>>
Is slackware any good?

The only reason I didn't want to install it is because of the dependency managing, but I just found out about slackbuilds.

Is there a lot of packages?
Is it good?
>>
>>53887021
Am I overestimating the Arch wiki if I say it probably has the instructions you're looking for?
>>
>>53886967
>perfect distro?
kek

>get ANY distro
>lock yourself into the basement
>grow bushy beard
>store food in bushy thingy
>do thingz in linux
>__________________
>10 years have passed
>you are an old man now.
>install windows
>????
>live short and prosper
>>
>>53887021
Please delve more into "can't get the networking right".

Have you copied an example profile from (I think) /etc/netctl and enable it with netctl?
>>
>>53887045
NaCl
>>
>>53883273 here
I don't understand what the ever-living fuck I'm doing wrong here.
Can't find an official TeamSpeak3 repository. Upon closer inspection of their forums, they just say it's best to download directly from their website. Whatever.
Download the 64-bit linux version (.run file)
Manage to bumble through the install process with your help:
1.) Did chmod +x teamspeak.run which didn't give any indication that it was doing something right.
2.) Did the ./teamspeak.run, again with no indication of progress.
3.) A wild teamspeak folder appears! In it, it has a bunch of folders and files, of which is a "ts3client_linux_amd64" and a "ts3client_runscript.sh"
4.) Following advice from a youtube tutorial detailing the exact process I should be going through, I create a desktop shortcut leading to the .sh file.
5.) Upon double-clicking it, a pop up appears saying that the File could not be executed or something.
6.) Clicking on the .sh file directly just brings up Pluma, which is just Mint's equivalent of Notepad.

What in white hot shit is going on?
>>
>>53885530
If linux didnt suck so much, we wouldnt give give a damn about it, but it sucks
>>
>>53887042
Not really, but as there are tons of different possible scenarios, and the wiki tries to explain all of them in an as small as possible page, it's hard to get the information you need out of the arch wiki.
>>53887056
Well what I mean is, I read through the arch wiki's networking section, I followed every step there, and in the end I was even more confused than I was before reading it all, and I still had no access to the internet.
>>
>>53887045
This senpai
>>
>>53887092
Is ts3client_runscript.sh executable (chmod +x to make it executable). Try running it from a terminal by going into the directory and running
./ts3client_runscript.sh
>>
>>53887097
You see

Windows is like a plastic butter knife and Linux is like steel kitchen knife.
With windows kids feel always safe to use and have fun with it playing to be chefs, doing things like cutting tomatoes or maybe onions, even if they do it in a slow or clumsy way, but meanwhile they feel happy and satisfied with themselves.
Then when they see you cooking with the steel knife they starts wondering how it feels, then they starts whining that they want to cook like you and want to use the steel knife instead the small plastic one.
You say that you cannot do that because you're busy but you'll teach him later.
The kid gets angry and start whining more that he want the knife now and don't want the plastic one anymore, you tell him that to use the knife he must practice and be patient, meanwhile he should start with a smaller one.
The kid gets more angry and tell you that he don't need your ugly and stupid knife because the yellow plastic one is more cool, and more safe, and he can do the same things, and that this one is not allowed for adults to use.

Then you laugh in a light way like thinking 'that's cute' and you just say ok.
>>
>>53887111
Have you tried what I suggested in >>53887056?
>>
>>53887097
>>53887129
Later in the night when you're sleeping, the kid takes the steel knife and starts playing with it.
He feels very exited, this one is heavier, shiny, it cuts things very easily, now he feels like a professional.
Then he try to cut harder things, or trying to cut the vegetables in small cubes.
During his play he mistakenly cuts his finger and starts crying very loud.
You wake up and hurry up to see whats happening and you cure his finger with a bandage and cleaning the injure.
The kid starts blaming you saying that this is because you didn't lend him the knife when he asked, that you never have time for him, that your shitty knife is dangerous and you're a retard for using it, that he didn't need anyway, that was your fault for always treating him like a kid.

The only thing you do then is hug him and say, 'ok but promise me that you'll not try to use the knife again until being more grown',

the kid just nods with his head while a tear walks over his face.
>>
>>53887056
Well thay's what I'm going to do when I'm back on my pc, I don't have access to it right now, so in like half an hour or something.
>>
>>53886815
thanks, I'll go with it terminus and tewi to look 7331
>>
>>53886657

>repeating the same old FUD again and again
>>
>>53887021
I had the same problem. Read the beginner's guide, section configure the network/wired:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/beginners'_guide#Wired
as written there you need to know the name of your ethernet device. It used to be eth0, now it has a unique name, which you can find out according to instructions network configuration/device names:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_configuration#Device_names

in the end it boils down to these commands, try to solve the problem without copying them from here first:
ip link

(ethernet device name starts with e), then
systemctl start dhcpcd@[ethernet device].service
>>
>>53887045
your fortune; you're unfortunate
>>
>>53887207
Thank you anon, I'll report back in a bit.
>>
>>53887121
It says "Permission denied". But then when I do "sudo ./ts3client_runscript.sh", it says "command not found"
It's toying with me at this point.
>>
>>53887254
If it says permission denied, it most likely doesn't have executable permissions.
chmod +x ./ts3client_runscript.sh

If that still doesn't fix it, please post the output of
ls -la

from within that directory, it might be that the files belong to another user (most likely root), and that the script is trying to source on of those files.
>>
>>53887207
I do think my problem was that I probably used the wrong interface name.
>>
>>53887301
>+x ./t
>>
>>53887339
What message are you trying to convey?
>>
So, /g/flt/ which DE would y'all rate as best (not bloated, but has everything needed to run the system + looks comfy). I'm using gnome 3, I also have used cinnamon and kde in the past. Now I'm planning on settling with the most /g/-approved DE.
>>
>>53887396
>caring about what /g/ approves
>thinking /g/ would approve a DE
What are you doing anon?
>>
>>53887396
If it can also be a standalone WM, then I'd say i3.
>>
>>53887396
KDE is the future
>>
Why can't I use search in Linux Mint start menu?
>>
>>53887444
>KDE is the future
are you mentally challenged?
>>
Does anyone know of a DE that works on 140 dpi out of the box?

KDE, GNOME3, Unity, Pantheon, Mate all are set to 2x or 1x and do not support 1.5x.
>>
>>53887495
android
>>
>>53887494
Qt is a superior framework
>>
>>53887494
Let me guess, you're a WMneeet
>>
>>53887514
So helpful, much wow -_-
>>
>>53887495
KDE should support 1.5X
Ask their forum
>>
My little brother is getting taught basic C++ in high school. His netbook has Lubuntu installed on it because of my recommendation

He got told to install an IDE/Compiler called Dev C++. But as far as I can tell it's only available for Windows.

Would a decent basic alternative be CodeBlocks? Some other? Or would running it on Wine be better? I wouldn't know, I haven't learned C++.

Thanks guys
>>
>>53887396
>Being this much of a fucking loser that he needs validation from anonymous image board users on what he uses on his day to day life

Wew.

What happened to, you know, your own taste man?
>>
>>53887429
Tried using only i3, but as I habe dyslexia it's a nightmare. I always have to reread everything 10 times to make sure it's spelled correctly.
>>
>>53887301
http://pastebin.com/27Hd5cMc
>>
>Can't scale panel fonts independently of panel itself
I'm using Linux for a hour and I already want to kill myself.
>>
>>53880790

somebody please?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160330_183404.png (280 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160330_183404.png
280 KB, 1366x768
>>53887617
>panel fonts independently of panel itself
What do you mean?
>>
>>53887613
I can't open pastebin links mate, their cloudflare "protection" blocks all connections over tor. Non shit alternatives are hastebin, teknik, or just doing it as
ls -la | nc termbin.com 9999

That will return a link with the output of the command.
>>
How the fuck do I install nvidia drivers in Debian? I've run the .run off their site and it doesn't do anything. I've tried two other methods and bricked my install both times. I'm sick of 640x400
>>
>>53887723
Debian wiki is your friend.

This guide is idiot-proof, as well
https://linuxconfig.org/nvidia-geforce-driver-installation-on-debian-jessie-linux-8-64bit
>>
>>53887684
total 36162
drwx------ 1 crackychan crackychan 4096 Apr 1 06:09 .
drwx------ 1 crackychan crackychan 0 Apr 5 13:56 ..
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 158504 Apr 1 06:09 CHANGELOG
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 114984 Apr 1 06:09 error_report
drwx------ 1 crackychan crackychan 0 Apr 1 06:09 gfx
drwx------ 1 crackychan crackychan 0 Apr 1 06:09 imageformats
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 334520 Apr 1 06:09 libc++abi.so.1
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 746960 Apr 1 06:09 libc++.so.1
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 5720632 Apr 1 06:09 libQt5Core.so.5
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 4369456 Apr 1 06:09 libQt5Gui.so.5
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 1318360 Apr 1 06:09 libQt5Network.so.5
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 237560 Apr 1 06:09 libQt5Sql.so.5
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 6307648 Apr 1 06:09 libQt5Widgets.so.5
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 994296 Apr 1 06:09 libQt5XcbQpa.so.5
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 175960 Apr 1 06:09 libquazip.so
drwx------ 1 crackychan crackychan 0 Apr 1 06:09 news
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 127536 Apr 1 06:09 package_inst
drwx------ 1 crackychan crackychan 0 Apr 1 06:09 platforms
drwx------ 1 crackychan crackychan 4096 Apr 1 06:09 plugins
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 313 Apr 1 06:09 plugin_sdk.html
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 26 Apr 1 06:09 qt.conf
drwx------ 1 crackychan crackychan 0 Apr 1 06:09 sound
drwx------ 1 crackychan crackychan 0 Apr 1 06:09 soundbackends
drwx------ 1 crackychan crackychan 0 Apr 1 06:09 sqldrivers
drwx------ 1 crackychan crackychan 4096 Apr 1 06:09 styles
drwx------ 1 crackychan crackychan 4096 Apr 1 06:09 translations
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 14613208

Pt 1
>>
>>53887648
>Installing arch
1. Boot into your live ISO
2. Tether your phone
2.1 Enable wifi and tethering in your phone
2,2 Connect to laptop using a USB cable
2.2 #ip link
2.3 Pick one of the interfaces
2.4 #dhcpcd <interface>
2.5 #ping -c 3 www.blacked.com
2.6 If host not found, go back to 2.3
3. #wget archfi.sourceforge.net/archfi
4. #sh archfi
5. Install full KDE and enjoy modern KDE experience

Done
>>
>>53887648
>arch 4chan guide + click on image search
let us know how was your arch installtion

https://www.google.com/search?q=arch+4chan+guide&newwindow=1&biw=1280&bih=703&tbm=isch&imgil=zm3wZ9_6usdaNM%253A%253B0nVkXF31ustQFM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.reddit.com%25252Fr%25252Farchlinux%25252Fcomments%25252F3ya67j%25252Finstall_arch_infographic%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=zm3wZ9_6usdaNM%253A%252C0nVkXF31ustQFM%252C_&usg=__tZmAWNnbohP2B2S219SW_egMcqw%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjOndX0zPjLAhVIJx4KHUxLBwoQyjcILg&ei=eUMEV479IMjOeMyWnVA#imgrc=zm3wZ9_6usdaNM%3A

>>
>>53887755
Apr  1 06:09 ts3client_linux_amd64
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 283 Apr 1 06:09 ts3client_runscript.sh
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan 1772720 Apr 1 06:09 update

Pt 2
>>
>>53886818
Anyone?
>>
File: IMAG0043.jpg (3 MB, 3808x2144) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0043.jpg
3 MB, 3808x2144
>>53887207
I can't get enp1s0 (ethernet interface) to go up for some reason.
>>
>>53887741
Thanks, also that's not the official wiki because I tried that already. Cheers
>>
>open GIMP
>it's not in single window mode for some reason
>create a new image
>use preset dimensions
>take a screenshot
>apparently it does not go to clipboard by default
>drag and drop image manually
>no prompt to resize canvas
>layer is not centered for some reason

:^)
>>
>>53887771
thanks found it with that. Looks like I am an Idiot since I used different search parameters and couldn't find anything. I even checked the installgentoo wiki.
>>
File: 1443912031405.jpg (954 KB, 1800x1195) Image search: [Google]
1443912031405.jpg
954 KB, 1800x1195
http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/04/cuckoldry-is-incredibly-rare-among-humans/
>>
>>53887755
>>53887772
-rw------- 1 crackychan crackychan      283 Apr  1 06:09 ts3client_runscript.sh

There's no x in there, so it's not executable. Did you do
chmod +x ts3client_runscript.sh

It should say
-rwx------

or something similar, the x is pretty important to be on that location.
>>
>>53887789
is the cable plugged in and you have lights?

if plugged in and no lights might show a sign of a bad cable, try connecting it to a different device.
>>
File: panel.jpg (319 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
panel.jpg
319 KB, 1920x1080
>>53887674
This one. I have changed it's height but there's no separate control for font size. Also, button width is atrocious.
>>
>>53887553
code blocks is good

jetbrains CLion is probably better, all of their products are solid if you need to use an ide
>>
>>53886818
I'd help but I don't know shit about GPU passthrough.
An infinitely simpler option is to just have a small windows 10 partition for the games that arent compatible on Linux and a larger partition for literally everything else on Linux.

>>53887790
No problem. Make sure you run 'su' before you start, or you'll end up having to begin most commands with either a 'sudo' or type 'sudo !!' after the fact because you didn't have admin permission.

You might get an error when running nvidia-xconfig. That's normal. Just run it again and the error should go away. Then reboot like the guide says and keep following it
>>
>>53887758
almost sure arch doesn't come with wget
>>
Getting ready to install an Atheros wireless card in my laptop because I'm tired of compiling this funky MediaTek module every kernel update. The downside is that I lose N support, but the current drivers are so shitty that I'm not sure it will matter.
>>
Would I get cucked if I updated to Debian testing/Unstable instead of Debian stable?

I-it's working fine for me thus far desu.
>>
I'm using Manjaro OpenRC right now, but I'm looking to see if there might be a better supported distro which fits my needs. Here's what I'm looking for:
- Rolling release (or cutting edge, like Fedora)
- no systemd
- preferably binary-based (due to laziness)
- better support than Manjaro (backed by a company like Ubuntu, openSUSE, or Fedora, or a large community like Debian or Gentoo)
- starts with a smaller set of packages (like Arch, Gentoo, or a Debian/Ubuntu minimal install)

Is there anything else that I could use? Should I just man up and install Gentoo? What are your thoughts, /g/?
>>
>>53887837
Fresh install doesn't, live boot does
>>53887827
Im sure cinnamon has a css file. Haven't used that DE for a while but others might be able tp help
>>
When I'm installing Arch Linux I want to create my system partition on my 128gb SSD. After running pacstrap I am planning to mount my other 1tb HDD (ext4 formatted) on /home/ and then use genfstab to create a correct fstab. Is this as easy as I imagine -- will it just work?

Later I plan to customize the fstab file with some custom mounting options for the SSD to enable periodic trims etc.

Also should I use the -U to create GUIDs instead of labels? What's the difference/advantages?
>>
>>53887845
Please think of what words mean before you use them.
What the fuck does it even mean to get cucked by updating.
Like what the actual fuck, man.

Assuming you mean something along the lines of 'will I get screwed' then no, you won't. Debian Unstable is what is used as base for Ubuntu after all. But don't upgrade to it if you don't see a reason. Some dependencies might break on you sometime and you'll have to fix them - which is easy, provided you know how to look stuff up online
>>
>>53887823
Ok, I was sure everything was connected right, but simply unplugging and replugging it solved the issue. Thanks for helping me out anon!
>>
>>53887797
thread google like you wanna be treated when normies ask you for help, most posible descriptive words, the less the better sometimes
>>
>>53887876
How easy is it to fix any problems?

Will grub and shit break randomly sometimes?
>>
>>53887811
chmod +x ts3client_runscript.sh
Does nothing.
sudo chmod +x ts3client_runscript.sh

Does nothing either.
It's not erroring or anything, but I check with "ls -la" and nothing is changing.
>>
Should I use Debian testing or unstable?
>>
>>53887949
Is your filesystem mounted with noexec? You can check with
mount

to see all mountpoints and their options. I gotta go to sleep though, so I can't assist you further right now. I hope you get this fixed, or that some other anon can take up this challenge and get it fixed for you.
>>
>>53887866
just edit the fstab, read the wiki for details
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/fstab

yes is easy, fstab is just like 'mount' command
I always procastinate using the UUID , cause whole system encription, I'm kind dump and sometimes i write or read things right when they are wrong and is a pain to boot the installation media just to fix grub or fstab
sometimes linux confuse the labels in /dev/sdX when a usbdrive or other media is plugged
>>
File: IMAG0044.jpg (3 MB, 2144x3808) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0044.jpg
3 MB, 2144x3808
I installed gnome on a fresh arch, but I get this screen
>>
>>53888083
Everything is up-to-date and X is working flawlessly, does gnome require some configuration upon installation?
>>
After re-adding window-list on panel it floats on the right side. Amazing. :^)
>>
>>53888082
Yeah but why? If genfstab generates it correctly for me, why do I need to edit it? But yeah, I suppose if it doesn't work out, I will.

I will also attempt to create a swapfile instead of a swap partition after switching to the chroot environment -- hoping that works.
>>
File: IMAG0302.jpg (3 MB, 2144x3808) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0302.jpg
3 MB, 2144x3808
Uh, how do I correctly install xfce4 on arch?
>>
I'm so glad grep -P exists.
>>
>>53887850
>preferably binary-based (due to laziness)
Gentoo's source-based package management is not really what makes it difficult to use, and for that matter what's difficult about Gentoo isn't really using it, but learning it. Once you've learned it it's easier to use than just about anything else, in my experience, because of its extreme flexibility, but users are expected to learn a lot more about how the system works than users of other distros. If you can invest the time that it takes to get over the initial learning curve, Gentoo is neither difficult nor time consuming after that. It's true that things take longer to install and update, but that is your machine's time, not your time. Entering the commands doesn't take long at all, they just take a long time to run. You don't have to sit and watch, if you don't want to.

>Should I just man up and install Gentoo?
Yes.
>>
I thought grub would automatically work when I installed ubuntu after windows 10 onto a dual boot. For some reason it still just goes straight into windows and I can't figure out how to get grub to popup -- tried holding shift already
>>
>>53888403
Help?
>>
where did the GNU go in the title
>>
>>53888449
Alright. Time to get good, I guess. Thanks for the advice!
>>
If I just want to test out a Linux for now, without comitting to dual-booting or removing my Windows installation entirely, would it be possible to simply install my Linux system on one of my HDDs + GRUB without overwriting the MBR on my SSD from which I boot Windows?

After having done that, couldn't I just enter the BIOS during the start of my PC and choose the HDD with the GNU/Linux installation on it -- or alternatively boot from the SSD with the Windows installation? Why do I need to grub to dual boot? Is it only useful when having different system partitions on a single disk?
>>
>>53888083
>>53888111

Could someone pls help me? After this I swear I won't unnecessarily bump /flt/
>>
>>53888564

liveusb with persistent storage

keep in mind usbs typically have awful read/write speed even on the high end of things and as a result doing anything involving disk write will likely be slow as shit
>>
>>53888586
Check this thread: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=180187.

It seems your GDM -- basically the graphical login manager -- has some issues. According to the thread it might be due to some bad drivers or an outdated installation of GNOME for some reason.

Try doing what they suggest in the thread, use systemctl to disable the GDM daemon, edit your initx config file to manually start a GNOME session -- and after rebooting and logging in, write startx. After that you have confirmed at least that it's GDM's fault, what you do from there I'm not sure -- follow the thread.
>>
>>53888586

did you try reading the arch wiki page for gnome?
>>
>>53888636
>liveusb with persistent storage
how do you make it persistent?
>>
>>53888636
Assuming I don't have an USB stick -- is my idea so bad? I could easily spare a HDD (I have like 3 in my PC and barely use them). Would it fuck up my Windows installation if I attempted to do what I described?
>>
>>53888659
Yes
>>53888654
Will do, thanks in advance
>>
>>53888691
So what you want to do is have two drives: One with Windows, one with GNU/Linux, and you want to be able to choose which drive to boot from?
Just making sure I have this clear
>>
>>53887553
>He got told to install an IDE/Compiler called Dev C++. But as far as I can tell it's only available for Windows.

Is he from 2006? LOL

Use Geany for lightweight IDE and Codelite for balls deep C/C++ ide
>>
>>53888723
Exactly. I figure when I boot from my Windows SSD it should access the MBR on it and see "oh, all is good, might as well boot this Windows on the SSD". However, when I tell my BIOS to boot from the other HDD (presumably on which I have installed my GNU/Linux distro with GRUB acting as the bootloader), it should read ITS MBR instead and see "oh this HDD wants to load the GRUB bootloader" -- from there I then boot my distro.

Is this possible? And thanks for taking interest.
>>
>>53888749
I was just asking because I've actually been wanting to do the same thing! Except, I have a more complicated thing I want to do - 2 drives, one with Windows, but the second one is partitioned, one partition is just for files and the second partition is for GNU/Linux
>>
>>53888770
If my scenario is possible, yours should definitely be too -- it just sounds like you need to partition your GNU/Linux drive accordingly. One ext4 partition for the system on it, and the rest for swap and the /home/ partition with ext4. You can then configure the fstab file to mount the partitions accordingly.

I am trying to do something similar in the end. If I like my Linux installation I am planning to install the system on my SSD directly and then use one of my other 1TB HDDs as my /home partition, by using ext4 on it and editing my fstab accordingly -- so very similar to you.

Now I just need to figure out if testing all this is possible without nuking the MBR on my Windows SSD before fully comitting to it. I might just get a good/fast USB3.0 stick to test the distro, as has been suggested -- Check this:

www.amazon.de/dp/B00LLEODCK Sounds really neat at least.
>>
File: GTDcanonical.png (77 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
GTDcanonical.png
77 KB, 1440x900
DEBIAN UNSTABLE OR TESTING?

PLS REPLY
>>
>>53888664

different distros will have different instructions

the official liveusb-creator from fedora has an option for it, but it might be fedora specific

>>53888691
>Assuming I don't have an USB stick -- is my idea so bad?

it's not that it's bad it's just a liveusb with persistent storage is de facto method for trying usb without having to commit anything other than a usb stick (or sd card, or microsd card, if you have a card reader, etc)

if you install linux to a different harddrive than windows is installed on it won't mess anything up - it's also called dual booting

installing linux to a different harddrive than windows is installed on is generally recommended if you can help it, even if it's temporarily, it's a far superior method in every aspect

>>53888749

in that case it will work exactly as you describe it, sorry I didn't read your original post fully

>>53888770
>Except, I have a more complicated thing I want to do - 2 drives, one with Windows, but the second one is partitioned, one partition is just for files and the second partition is for GNU/Linux

if you can move the files to another drive temporarily it will be the easiest thing ever, there's a slight risk in resizing partitions so it's not recommended unless you have a full backup
>>
Gentoo is the only Linux distribution anyone needs.
>>
>>53888654
Well, my drivers are all good, gnome is up-to-date, still no luck
>>
>>53888888
Nice fucking sexts
>>
>>53888888
>>
>>53888890
Define no luck. Edit your Xorg config file to start a gnome-session manually and then startx; but for that you need to first disable the GDM daemon and reboot.

What happens? Do you get the same error or do you start into a correct Gnome session?
>>
>>53888822
STOP IGNORING ME
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: HOLY HELL.jpg (44 KB, 602x481) Image search: [Google]
HOLY HELL.jpg
44 KB, 602x481
>>53888888
SEXTS CONFIRM, HOLY SHIT
>>
>>53888888
i-install Gentoo!
>>
>>53888900
Well I didn't reboot at all, I'll try again, if no luck I'll just put debian on my laptop at work tomorrow and when my home renovation is done I'll give arch another shot as I'll have access to my desktop too and that'll probably be a lot better.
>>
File: 1396762496139.jpg (33 KB, 314x314) Image search: [Google]
1396762496139.jpg
33 KB, 314x314
>>53888888
everyone in the thread must now install gentoo
>>
>>53888822
stable
>>
>>53888888
how do i install gentoo on my moms computer
>>
>>53888948
>stable

But stable uses outdated packages
>>
>>53888888
SEXTS OF TRUTH
>>
File: 1418842450655.jpg (49 KB, 556x561) Image search: [Google]
1418842450655.jpg
49 KB, 556x561
>>53888888
>>
>>53888900
>>53888931
Same fugging shit, I've lost all hope for now. I hoped this renovation would be my chance to install arch, I'm motivated enough though so l'll just do it when I can go back home, thanks for helping me though.
>>
>>53888979
That's what backports are for.
>>
File: rmschildren.jpg (75 KB, 493x346) Image search: [Google]
rmschildren.jpg
75 KB, 493x346
>>53888888
>>53888888
>>
>>53886180
I don't know what that means.

Signs point to no - I just let the Software Updater do its thing.
>>
What are the most common "delete system32" equivalents for commands in linux? And what do they do?

Just out of curiosity, so that I get the joke when someone suggests one of them.
>>
>>53889046
>That's what backports are for.

Is it a troll or actually good idea?
>>
>>53889130
sudo -rm -rf
>>
>>53889191
It's sudo rm -rf /* --no-preserve-root
faggot
>>
I only ever used Arch and im looking for something new and stable. I tried Ubuntu, but I am too used to the AUR and didnt get PPAs. I'm thinking of OpenSUSE, but the beauty of Arch is the amount of packages the AUR has.

Binary distros only.
>>
>>53889227
Debian, m8
>>
how instal gento
how gento fromed
>>
>>53889285
goolg
>>
>>53886603
Linux is always that simple.
>>
>>53888449
I just dont feel like waiting 2 days for my programs to compile.
>>
>>53888887
Thanks man, appreciated!
>>
Need help picking a new distro.

I've only used Arch so I am completely used to customizing and pacman and the AUR.

Currently using Manjaro.

I want a distro that:

- Has a lot of support (community & company)

- Has a huge variety of packages like the AUR

- Works OOB

- Requires little to no system maintenance

- Can stay on for weeks like a server

- Binary packages

- Supports Nvidia proprietary drivers

- Supports very new hardware. (skylake)

What distro should I get /g/? I was thinking OpenSUSE.
>>
>>53889436
Why not stay with Arch?
>>
>>53889462
Unstable. I dont need my packages to be super new, I just need them to be available and work.
>>
>>53889533
Wouldn't that easily be fixed by not running pacman -Syu constantly? Sorry new to arch
>>
>>53889547
Not that guy, but not updating your packages for stability is a bad idea. You would be missing security updates or fixes for things that break. In "stable" distros even if packages are older versions, they still get important security updates.
>>
>>53889660
Ah I see, I suppose that makes sense. Although I read quite often that Arch isn't all that unstable -- maybe it is after all.
>>
Anybody have any resources to study for Linux+ Certiport certifications?
>>
>>53889436
Fedora or Korora if you want to be lazy.
>>
>>53889533
>>53889673
i don't get this. i've been running arch for a couple years on a machine i use heavily and update pretty much daily and i never have stability issues. is it perhaps due to installing too many/less reliable packages?
>>
File: Checked.jpg (18 KB, 486x69) Image search: [Google]
Checked.jpg
18 KB, 486x69
>>53888888
>And it has been stated that gentoo is the only Linux distro ever needed
>>
>>53889820
Perhaps >>53889436 is trying to prevent future instability, rather than switching due to current instability.
>>
>>53889866
Bingo
>>
>>53889866
i suppose so. but if he hasn't experienced a history of instability, there isn't much reason to expect future instability, is there? considering it hasn't been an issue for me, i figured the stigma with arch must have come from its earlier days when it would have been perhaps justifiably less stable. that's just an assumption, though
>>
File: 1444346618799.png (269 KB, 599x590) Image search: [Google]
1444346618799.png
269 KB, 599x590
>>53889121
Success!

I managed to get into my account the other way (it was fucking lowercased - realized that once I did less /etc/passwd/), and ran the command in Step 4 of http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743535

Feels good man.
>>
/g/, what is the best available gui file explorer for linux?
>>
>>53890331
Dolphin or Nautilus I guess?
>>
>>53890331
dolphin
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.