[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they any good at all? They look like such a meme. Who has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: wacom tablet.jpg (100 KB, 1400x860) Image search: [Google]
wacom tablet.jpg
100 KB, 1400x860
Are they any good at all? They look like such a meme.
Who has one, will my art benefit? What else are they good for?
>>
>Are they any good at all?
yes
>They look like such a meme.
the fuck does that even mean? i don't speak 9gag.

>Who has one,
me
>will my art benefit?
yes

>What else are they good for?
3D sculpting
>>
>>53885275
if you can't draw on paper, you can't draw with one of these, it works fine though

you seem really stupid, you ask the obvious from someone else who will just tell you what you already knew (if you aren't genuinely stupid)
>>
>>53885275
>meme
My god you're such a faggot.
Yes they are very good and are a lot more natural and easy to use than it seems
>>
GET A SMALL - see if you like it
>>
I bought one, it didn't motivate me to draw more or better
>>
>>53885275

Don't know about the expensive models, but I use my Wacom Pen and Touch small (CTH0480) as my main touchpad for Mac/Win. Got this for $80 at Best Buy while back. Can't use mouse/trackball because of nerve damage in wrist. Far better deal than that tiny ass Apple trackpad.

As for using it for art, unless you plan on drawing everything by hand, scanning, convert to vector, cleanup in Photoshop/Illustrator, what other options do you have?
>>
They're very good.

They work great as a touchpad.

Only practice will benefit your art.
>>
Best tablet for osu?
>>
>>53885275
Must...Get...

fuck!
>>
File: Red-Sonya-Ian-Craig.jpg (92 KB, 564x686) Image search: [Google]
Red-Sonya-Ian-Craig.jpg
92 KB, 564x686
Don't get a small, medium of bigger.
There's a chinese brand competing with Wacom now, they make pretty good stuff and their large size tablets are real cheap

>will my art benefit?
No matter how expensive the equipment you buy, art is all about practice, grinding the hours, and studies, you're only doing it on a different medium in this case
>>
>>53886232
i currently draw while taking the bus for an hour to work. will i git gud?
>>
>>53886232
Well what is this chinese brand? I don't need the tablet to improve my own art skills I just wondered what kind of benefits and drawbacks it might have over traditional paper and pencils.
>>
File: Ian-Mccraig-Pied-Piper.jpg (136 KB, 736x570) Image search: [Google]
Ian-Mccraig-Pied-Piper.jpg
136 KB, 736x570
>>53886458
>an hour
Depends on how effectively you study but ideally 3-4 hours a day are typical /ic/ minimums.
Don't for the "feeling" or "spark" meme either. cold, hard studies, perspective practice, anatomy, body rhythm, etc.. are what's gonna carry your art
>>53886492
I don't remember. Go through the archive websites and search for OPs with "Wacom" or "Tablet", should be an easy enough find since /ic/ is the slowest board in 4chan.
>>
>>53886662
i just don't have that time i have work and school. plus i have 3D printing projects and a multimedia studio, also i'm planning to start a weapons armory.
>>
>>53886691
I just did a search of the catalog on /ic/ and believe he may be talking about Huion tablets
>>
File: SabinHoward - 1.jpg (136 KB, 1009x960) Image search: [Google]
SabinHoward - 1.jpg
136 KB, 1009x960
>>53886726
>Huion
That's the name
>>
>>53886726
>Huion

I'll look into it. I hope I don't have to faff around with drivers for these things though.
>>
>>53887008
it's more that the pens have to take batteries.
>>
>>53886691
blah blah irrelevant stuff
>>
>>53887060
your birth was irrelevant.
>>
>>53885686
More like the other way around. I can draw on paper great, can't draw on a tablet for shit.
>>
>>53886492
I got a UGEE m708 for christmas from my best friend. I really like it and it seems like it was a "cheaper" one. I'm glad I didn't buy one because I tend to buy rather expensive things and I am totally happywith this one, so don't be afraid to not buy a wacom
>>
>>53887103
The point was that the tool isn't going to make you think about form in perspective
>>
>>53887103
you should get a cintiq not an intuos. Its a game changer.
>>
>>53885275
they are prone to scratching though, which is kind of fucked up for such high cost device.
>>
File: 8615939628_a854dd1cbd_b.jpg (292 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
8615939628_a854dd1cbd_b.jpg
292 KB, 819x1024
idk about drawing but its basically needed for me to sculpt
>>
>>53885275

My wife has one, it works fine even under Win10 (her laptop runs Win10)
>>
>>53885275
Good for drawing, painting, 3d sculpting, even got rid of my wrist pain from using a mouse too much. I use it 90% of the time now.

protips:

- Make sure it's right in front of you, not off to the side, you don't draw on paper that is not in center front of you.
- Give it a 20 to 30 degree angle.
- Get a cheap dollar store thin glove and cut off the thumb index and middle finger to make a cheap non-stick glove. Don't buy the over priced shit from wacom.
- Get something with at least a 13" diagonal usable area.
>>
>>53885275
sure as shit beats trying to do shit with a mouse
i got a cheap one and its a little dodgy but i can actually do shit so i got my moneys worth
>>
>>53890243
How about your wife's son?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.