[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the FUCK is Firefox so fucking retarded? And are all browsers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: Firefox.jpg (675 KB, 1939x1836) Image search: [Google]
Firefox.jpg
675 KB, 1939x1836
Why the FUCK is Firefox so fucking retarded? And are all browsers like this or is it just Firefox?
>be using Iceweasel (Firefox fork)
>have to briefly unplug modem to switch to another outlet
>obviously my internet conncetion is gone for about a minute
>reconnect
>even when connection is established, can't re-load pages that are already open, or any other pages on the same website
>can open other websites fine
>but can't get a connection to the website(s) I was already on without restarting my browser session
Why the FUCK is Firefox's networking coded so fucking shit-tier? Whoever is responsible for this faggotry needs to literally an hero.
Is there a way to get around this (by resetting some information without restarting the browser) and are all browsers like this?
>>
>>53883648
>using some meme fork
>blames Firefox
OK kid.
>>
>>53883655
>implying Firefox doesn't do the same thing
This isn't the first time it's happened faggot.
>>
>>53883648
Install windows 10, use edge, all problems solved, browsing heaven.
>>
>>53883942
I use Linux. Fuck off.
>>
this is what happens, when you hire people based on their gender, race, and identity rather than for their skills.

the computing world is slowly turning into what the political world has become and will stay like this for a long while. hoped you enjoyed the last 20 years, because its over.

NOW DELETE THIS SHIT THREAD.
>>
File: works on my machine.png (441 KB, 1600x1548) Image search: [Google]
works on my machine.png
441 KB, 1600x1548
>>
>>53883962
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
>>
>>53884066
I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just.Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just.Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.
>>
>>53884066
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
>Linux (pronounced Listeni/ˈlJnəks/ LIN-əks[9][10] or, less frequently, /ˈlaJnəks/ LYN-əks[10][11]) is a Unix-like and mostly POSIX-compliant[12] computer operating system (OS) assembled under the model of free and open-source software development and distribution
>Linux ... is a ... computer operating system
>>
File: fail.png (13 KB, 646x429) Image search: [Google]
fail.png
13 KB, 646x429
>>
File: 1429731506656.jpg (74 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1429731506656.jpg
74 KB, 500x378
>>53884096
>or, less frequently, /ˈlaJnəks/ LYN-əks
>less frequently
Oh.
>>
>>53884096
JEW PEDIA

PRONOUNCED JEEW PEEDIA JEWW PPEDIA JW PDA

IS A SHITHOLE SHILLING FOR THE NWO

More News @ 11:09
>>
File: battlestation.jpg (749 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
battlestation.jpg
749 KB, 2048x1536
>>
File: drive a.jpg (385 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
drive a.jpg
385 KB, 1600x1200
>>
>>53883648
Works on my machine
Learn to power on your router faggot
>>
>>53885121
I don't have a router because I'm not a faggot. I connect directly to my modem via ethernet.
>>
File: delete system 32.gif (175 KB, 837x777) Image search: [Google]
delete system 32.gif
175 KB, 837x777
>>
File: cumputer.png (216 KB, 818x611) Image search: [Google]
cumputer.png
216 KB, 818x611
>>
>>53883648
IT'S OPEN SOURCE! FILE A BUG OR FIX IT!
>>
>>53888529
I DON'T KNOW HOW
YOU FIX IT
>>
>>53885191
Do you use a firewall?
>>
>>53889006
No
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.