[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this!?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
Saw Sheldon using whatever this is during watching BBT. Can we discuss what or why is this?
>>
who?
>>
>>53882219
It's called a computer, people in developed countries use them for all sorts of things like watching movies, doing office work, writing posts in this thing called the world wide web but that's a topic for another day.
>>
BAZOOPLE
>>
svista plus some notetaking shitty app.

an old deluded man

sick shit really
>>
It's Vista with some weird customizations
>>
>>53882219
Old, edited Skype for OS X
>>
>>53882300
AMAZON(TM) IT GOY

GOY
O
Y
>>
He says in one episode that "Ubuntu is my favourite Linux operating system" (ew), but here it's clearly something else.
Here we see the disfigured, bastard child of Windows (shitty Vista widgets, startbar) and OSX (button options at top-left corner, circular).
However, it looks they've themed Windows Vista to remove all Microsoft branding and stuff, but then that doesn't explain why the Skype program is from OSX, and why the picture viewer in the background is from Windows. There's also an OSX-style folder hiding in the corner, and it looks like the computer is running from ethernet (looking at the tray) even though it's a laptop.

wtf is this
this is why i hate tv trying to be smart
>>
>>53882382
>removes all branding
>keeps skype branding
>>
Skype window is from osx but the widow behind and to the right of Skype is clearly a Windows program. Why?
>>
>>53882382
they're not trying to be smart
they're trying to look smart, and that's enough for their audience
>>
Why do americans do these fake computer interfaces?
They almost certainly take more effort to construct than just using the real deal.

Like, I was watching 'The Bridge' (a swedish/danish show) the other day and they had a computer displaying some maps.
You could easily see that it was Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 7, displaying like 'map7 with red dot on it.jpg' from like 'E:/shit-for-work/bridge/graphics/computermaps/'. And you know what? 99% of the audience will think no less of them for not wasting their effort.
>>
>>53882382
>>53882219
It's so they don't get accused or give away free advertising to either company. They can't show a full OS X desktop or maybe they don't want to because they aren't getting paid, same thing with full windows. So they make this abomination that isn't recognizable as either. They do/did the same thing on iCarly with what vaguely resembled OS X Tiger with weird Aero style buttons
>>
>>53882382
he says that Ubuntu is his favorite, but then complains that Win7 is more user friendly than Vista and that he hates it.

The scripts go everywhere for a few cheap laughs.
>>
>>53882219
Shit looks like Vista OSX and Skype under a ubuntu theme.
>>
>>53882719
Whats dual-boot faggot,

Windows 10 is my fav OS, I still use Raspbian bruv.
>>
ZIMBABWE!
>>
>>53882719
"Windows! Computer! Operating System! Look how nerdy I am guys!!!!"
kill me now
>>
>>53882739
I was talking about how he likes Ubuntu even though it's user friendly, and hates Win7 for it. Why doesn't he like Arch or something more complicated?
>>
>>53882416
You think the jokes about uber are jokes?
>>
Guys thanks for the 20 replies. Rarely people give attention to shit I share....
>>
>>53882382
Ew? I use Gentoo because I love portage and hate apt, but Ubuntu is actually good.
>>
Its Vista, but riced like its 2006
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.