[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most Beautiful Starting Camera
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: orig-nikon-d3200-back.jpg (45 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
orig-nikon-d3200-back.jpg
45 KB, 770x433
The Nikon D3200 is definitely the best in terms of starter cameras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAISdRG9-Tw
>>
dude, every1 you're using ihpone camara
>>
Canon rebel series is definitely better in terms of photo quality.
>>
>>53882054
Rebel T5 beginner-poorfag master race!
>>
Definitely, but after using it for a couple trips and in general, I'm moving to an a6000, whenever they drop in price.

So much lighter, and much better.
>>
>>53882087
I'm jumping on that right when the price drops,
>>
>>53882070
Seconded. T5i is where it's at. Affordable, easy to use, and great photo quality
>>
>just want a good camera that isn't noisy shit in ambient/low light without flash
>starting price $500
>have to spend even more for good features
>can't justify price for just taking pictures of wildlife in backyard

Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>53882114
Keep checking after whenever the A6300 comes out, because prices, especially body+lens for the 6000, will definitely start dropping.

I'm trying to hold out until at least July, so I can get it for some music festivals, but also hoping the price will drop further by that time.
>>
>>53882035
Stop trying to spread your shitty time lapse, you do this every day
>>
File: iphonetutorial[1].jpg (87 KB, 640x582) Image search: [Google]
iphonetutorial[1].jpg
87 KB, 640x582
>>53882050
I'm not a photographer but I think the overwhelming factor here is the form of the device. If you walk into, say, a construction site with a dslr you're less likely to be bothered or get in trouble with the police because you can be seen at a glance as 'just taking pictures for artistic effect'. Whereas, if you're walking around with your cell phone takin' pics than who knows what you could be, some kinda terrorist, con-artist, bank robber,creep or whatever.
For a technology board we don't really talk much about how form determines function. Like how laptops as they are today will probably stick around because the 'working on laptop at starbucks' is such a thing.
>>
>>53882174
>>53882070
>>53882054

Almost all Nikon and Canon DSLRs will be great and live up to the legacy.

At the starting price, though, it is relatively well known that the base Nikon DSLR offers much more than the base Canon DSLR.

Not speaking to brand fight or high end camera fight. Just saying: The D3XXX offers more bang for buck than the TXi.
>>
>>53882261
>watching anything on TV
>>
*canons have more lens
*canon made lens are cheaper than nikon made lens (in up to $500 segment)
*you can even put on nikon lens with converters (those doesn't have extra glass)
>>
Why would you buy Canikon in 2016?
>>
>>53884029
I'm poor
>>
File: no this is.jpg (107 KB, 1024x846) Image search: [Google]
no this is.jpg
107 KB, 1024x846
>>
>not Pentax
it's like you don't want a proper pentaprism viewfinder, dual control wheels, and weather sealing, with the same sensors as Nikon, but for less money
>>
>>53882035
>>>/p/
>>
I have a D5300, anyone have any lens suggestions?

I won't go to /p/ it's like going to /v/ and asking for a game suggestion.
>>
>>53886425
that's like saying "I have a garage, anyone have any car recommendations?" Which one you should get depends entirely on what you want to do.
>>
>>53886449
Photographing cars. I already have a 70-300 for other stuff.
>>
>>53882035
>Most Beautiful

>preferring chinky plastic over lovely Aryan hammertone

How about most capable? And starting camera of any kind, or just digital SLRs?
>>
>>53886425
Get a 35mm f/2 and have fun, it's a cheap lens and really good.
>>
It works.
I want a viewfinder though.
>>
Nikon D80 is the best starter camera. Can be had for under $150 in most cases and is a good way to learn the fundamentals if film is too expensive for you.
>>
>>53887888

This, or a 50mm 1.8.

>dem bokeh
>>
>>53887869
Jamie pls go
>>
>>53885440
Good luck finding accessories and lenses if you live outside the US
>>
>>53882261
>not knowing the advantages of vertical videos

Expected from iphone users.
>>
>>53882035
I have a Canon SX150 proshot something. pretty stanrdard, drains a lot of battery but it does the trick. would like to know more before buying a better one
>>
>>53882220
I'm possibly planning to sell my a6000 with the 16-50 kit lens for 450$. I bought it a few months ago, and I would like to buy the a6300 for the 4K.
>>
>>53882261
Both instagram and snapchat uses vertical photos though
>>
>>53882035
there's a board for this type of topic
>>>/p/
>>
>>53882035

do nikon still gimp their low end cameras with a lack of focus motor?

>>53882054

the difference in photo quality will be almost negligible at best

the only thing canon has/had over nikon was getting to decent hd video first

>>53882216

so buy an older dslr from ebay and get a 50mm f1.8, it won't be *ideal* in low light but it will still beat anything barring top of the line modern compact/bridge cameras

d60 is ~100usd, d90 150-250~ usd, nikon 50mm f1.8 af-d 50-100~ usd

>>53882261
>If you walk into, say, a construction site with a dslr you're less likely to be bothered or get in trouble with the police because you can be seen at a glance as 'just taking pictures for artistic effect'.

I find the opposite to be true, with a dslr people will want to know what the fuck you're doing taking photos on a construction site but if you have a phone no one will think twice
>>
>>53889091
>>do nikon still gimp their low end cameras with a lack of focus motor?
Yep. D3xxx and D5xxx can't autofocus screw-drive lenses. The D7xxx and all full-frame cameras can. Purely a cost-cutting/market segmentation move.

The 3xxx and 5xxx also don't like manual-focus lenses. You have to use them in manual mode, and the meter will refuse to work. They work fine on higher-end bodies. This isn't even cost-cutting since it's purely a firmware feature, it's not like the save a few bucks not having to put the motor in the body. This is purely to beat more shekels out of you.
>>
>>53882174
>>53882070
Why even bother with T5i
If you're going to get a DSLR at least get a T3i (600D) as a starting one, You phone would probably take comparable photos to the T5i
>>
>>53882289
In terms of stock options that's generally agreed upon.

Although if you buy a lens, generally canon edges Nikon out. There's just cheaper options that have similar optical performance (like canon's 50mm 1.8 prime; the Nikon version with autofocus is certainly better built but it's twice as expensive for the same picture quality).

But if we're talking about lenses, Pentax wrecks both Nikon and Canon.

Non-Canon/Nikon choices are not given enough consideration.
>>
>>53889313
You mean T5, and I agree. The non-i cameras are just not worth it anymore. You MIGHT get MARGINALLY better performance than a Galaxy S7.
>>
>>53889423
>You mean T5
Whoops, they're only called 600D, 1200D where I'm from
>>
>>53882035

I am looking at buying an a7ii

>full frame micl
>best evf on market
>can use convertors to mount any lens
>>
>>53889574

Forgot pic.
>>
>>53889593
What cameras do you have now? I'd probably get a sony mirrorless if I had money
>>
>>53889636

I got like a 5 year old NEX-3.

I love it, but it is beat to hell, and I have quite a few A-mount lenses I wanna try on a full-frame body.
>>
i have a nikon d3300. it's a really good beginner dslr.
>>
T3i is a great starter.
>>
>>53889214
>Yep. D3xxx and D5xxx can't autofocus screw-drive lenses. The D7xxx and all full-frame cameras can. Purely a cost-cutting/market segmentation move.

oh tell me about it, I bought a d5000 and it was at the time where there were almost no lenses with focusing motors built in so now I have a few lenses that are manual focus for the most part

at least there's a rangefinder option in the menu that toggles a focus meter in p/s/a modes in place of where the exposure meter would be in the viewfinder

>The 3xxx and 5xxx also don't like manual-focus lenses. You have to use them in manual mode, and the meter will refuse to work. They work fine on higher-end bodies. This isn't even cost-cutting since it's purely a firmware feature, it's not like the save a few bucks not having to put the motor in the body. This is purely to beat more shekels out of you.

by manual-focus lenses you mean ai-type lenses, right? if so I'm well aware about that (and that higher end cameras can expose automatically in firmware), my choices in lenses were frugal at best so now I have a bunch of lenses that are manual exposure and manual focus :)

the d5000 has a bunch of other gimps that really annoy me such as no external flash triggering, I was considering getting a used d300/d300s off of ebay because they've dropped in price significantly and it'd just solve every issue I have with the d5000

I regret not getting a pentax k-x but I just didn't do enough research
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.