[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Google removed 4archive.org from it's search results
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 15
File: wpid-27908.jpg (52 KB, 401x600) Image search: [Google]
wpid-27908.jpg
52 KB, 401x600
Hey /g/, any Webmasters/SEO experts around here?
Google removed two of my sites.

As of about midnight UCT both of my 4chan archives (4archive.org and 4chanarchives.cu.cc) are completely removed from google search results (searching for site:4archive.org returns 0 results).
I have no notifications in the GoogleSearchConsole (google webmaster tools), nor any emails from google.
Google says the robots.txt file is working correclty and when i tried Fetch as google - it worked successfully and I had the option to include it to the search results (as I did).

My DNS settings are correct, no code has been changed recently, I was not hacked (i checked).
The Google Custom Search still has all of the indexed content.
I still get crawled by googlebot and googleimages-bot.
Bing/yahoo, yandex, baidu, duckduckgo all work as normal.
My site is visible from all over the world as usual.
The last error reported by the webmaster tools is from 30.03 for Error500, which i fixed (for about 6 hours the site was unreachable).

My initial thought was that both archives share about 60% of the same content, so they were penalized, but I should have received a notification that they are removed for Spam or something else.
Under Manual Actions/Security Issues I have nothing - no warnings or anything.

So, /g/, any ideas? Suggestions? I highly doubt /biz/ would deal with such stuff, or any other board, and due to the nature of my websites I really do not want to ask on a 'normal' forum.

Is there even a form to contact google about a removed website? Could it be just some weird hiccup?

And this happens just before I add 450k newly archived threads from all boards in the timespan of about 2 months to the 258k threads on the site. I was actually arching all boards that warosu archives while they were offline.
>pic related, my face right now after spending an entire day figuring out wtf has happen.
>>
>>53881551
Well now even GoogleCustomSearch has all the entries desisted... the fuck is happening.

I guess this will be the death of 4Archive... Killed by Google...
>>
>wanting to keep records of shit posts
>keeping anonymous posts

how retarded are you?
>>
>>53881551

Who fucking cares? It's only google you still have other search engines you jew

I use duckduckgo most of the time
>>
>moot always hated 4chan archives
>moot gets job at Google
>archive results disappear from Google
>>
Meanwhile, malware-ridden sheeky forums results consistently hit the top of the first page.
>>
>>53883200
This

4chan is supposed to be the website equivalent of Snapchat. It's not supposed to retain memory.

Archiving it ruins the enigma and its appeal. Swallow that truth pill, OP.
>>
>tfw scared to say anything on 4chan in case of someone snooping in tge archive and learns my posting history
Fuck archives, 4chan is supposed to be fully anonymous
>>
>>53883423
>Archiving it ruins the enigma and its appeal. Swallow that truth pill, OP.
No.
Actually 4Archive began with the idea of archiving only great threads which are worth keeping in the future.

Later people began their own archives to keep track of discussions on /pol/, /vg/, and etc. Discussions which usually last for days and reach 700-900 posts before going dead

And fuck you all for derailing the thread from my issue to your personal drama.
Stop fighting windmills.
>>
>>53883711
under rated post
>>
I DCMA'd you for being a faggot stealing Anonymous's content.

Fucking cancer
>>
>>53883763
archive this!
>>
>>53883825
I automatically archive /g/ threads once they reach the [Archive] part of 4chan.
warosu.org archives /g/ in real time.
>>
My anonymous posts are my intellectual property. I didn't not give you permission to archive them.
I told Google to remove you. I am Google.
>>
>>53881551
Fuck off I've always hated that people were archiving our posts.
You'll find no sympathy here.
>>
>meanwhile sheekyforum faggots are still up
Sorry OP, nobody knows how google algorithms work
>>
>>53884003
I didn't even ask for sympathy. This is 4chan. I'm not a cat nor I'm female. I know how things work on the Internet.

All i asked was for a webadmin/sysadmin/SEO to explain or assist me with my issue
>>
contact google maybe
>>
>>53884056
searched everywhere for a contact form, all I could find was a report tool to report a search problem, which I did, but it's not exactly what I want.
Google doesn't really have a [email protected] e-mail.
>>
>>53884055
Explanation: google intentionally removed it
Assistance: Forget about it , you aren't winning a fight with google
>>
>>53884082
You won't get jack shit reply from google. Sometimes sites gets de-indexed and then re-index after some days for reasons unknown, possible algorithm changes.
>>
>>53884055
>4archive.org
probably removed due to random CP/beast content being archived.. (just a guess.. and yes I own many domains)
>>
>>53884052
Yeah it's beyond me as well, never liked them, no idea how they archive it and why they dont just display a normal proper website.

>>53884104
The thing is that when google removes/bans/delists a page or a website they state why that happen via the Google Webmaster Tools (aka Google Search Tools), and I've had no notifications at all.

>>53884123
I also guess it's a hiccup, just it's fucking weird. None other archives are touched.

>>53884145
fgts.jp has tons of CP and bestiality and shit since he archives /b/ in real time, I've reported many of the content (which weeks later is still online since Bui and his mods are asleep or jacking off to the said CP), and I take care of all CP/DMCA reports within a week. I've even removed quite a lot of shota/lolicon threads since the Russian anti-lewd national agency blocked my site on national level. Fucking POCКOMHAДЗOP...
>>
>>53884195
I'm pretty sure 2xchan was removed for no reason
>>
use google webmaster tools fagget
>>
>>53884260
>40 minutes ago
>>
>>53884195
>Russian anti-lewd national agency
Poor Russians.
>>
>>53884260
dumb heterosexual poster
>>
>>53884260
D-D-DELETE THIS!!!11
>>
don't worry op u can still browse SheekyForums.com :^)
>>
>>53883711
>>53881551
This is autism of extreme proportions, not unlike carrying around a voice recorder and recording whenever someone speaks to you because it's a unique and rare event.

Not your tech support. Although, you obviously just made the thread to advertise.
>>
>>53886139
>you obviously just made the thread to advertise.
How exactly is advertising when I'm discussing how Google have removed my sites and that my site uses Google Custom Search for it's search functionality and 70% of the traffic comes from Google?

86% of my traffic consists of people looking for /b/ stuff and only about 0.05% goes to /g/, so why would I even attempt to advertise on /g/ a thing which as of popular opinion is a horrible idea?
(one would think that /g/, which has decent tech and programming discussions, would be actually happy to have it's content archived and thus supported by other geeks, but oh well)

Do you even advertisements?
>>
>>53883423
>4chan is supposed to be the website equivalent of Snapchat
Please commit suicide
>>
>>53881551

Cool, good to know you're the 4archive admin, cuz our posts here at 4chan are our property are our property and you have no right to reproduce them. I'm filing a DMCA takedown notice with my lawyer to get your IP address right away.
>>
>>53886708
Why do Americans think that DMCA is an international thing...
Why do some people think that every country has DMCA... actually most don't have such a law (like mine).

I didn't knew /g/ turned in to a shitpoasting board, I should have never made a thread here.
>>
>>53887134
>I didn't knew /g/ turned in to a shitpoasting board

Damn, you musn't have been here for years.
>>
Warosu or rbt.asia
What is the better /g/ archiver
>>
>>53883423
>4chan is supposed to be the website equivalent of Snapchat

What a fucking disgusting post. Get the fuck off of 4chan you piece of shit. Anonymity is separate from post lifetime
>>
I thought the idea of archiving was to archive threads so people could see them when they got on but then they would eventually get deleted after a few days.
I don't like the idea of permanent archives of 4chan threads, what's the point in that? the whole website is about content coming on and getting deleted after awhile.
>>
>>53883162
>who cares, it's ONLY the biggest search engine, literally the only one anybody bothers configuring SEO for
Nigga do you know shit about SEO? Shut up
>>
>>53881551
https://lumendatabase.org/notices/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=4archive.org&sort_by=

Here is why buds, google's search algorithm downranks sites that get a lot of DMCAs that do not also receive a ton of traffic.
>>
>>53888638
Adding to this the newest complaint was not a mere DMCA but a legal complaint. Happen to know what that thread was?
>>
Good. Stop trying to turn this site into reddit.
>>
>>53884052
why does sheekyforum even exist
>>
>>53881551
Moot
>>
>>53881551
>WAAAAH MY SHITTY ARCHIVE ISN'T GETTING TONS OF HITS FROM REDDIT ANYMORE. I NEED SOMEONE WHO IS ACTUALLY COMPETENT TO SAVE ME
Oh fuck off. No one cares.
>>
File: nattsun.png (162 KB, 780x720) Image search: [Google]
nattsun.png
162 KB, 780x720
>>53889337
>COMPETENT
>4chan
>/g/
>>
>>53889426
Stop using NNB for your shitposting. It doesn't take much to be more competent than this retard.
>>
>>53883711
Fuck off special snoflake - archives are cancer, as a newfag you think, oh yes so cool going to archive all this interesting shit to read later... few years later you start reading your archives- it's all shitposting, trolling, elaborated trolling to seem like serious answer - no useful information.... why would you archive banter and memes ?

In the end all worthy memes are screen-capped and recycled trough years, there would be to reason to have shitty memes forced on like on facebook, reddit and other bullshit.
>>
>>53881551
Warsou archive is a good way getting pass blocks at collage internet
>>
>>53886234
I don't give a flying fuck about your shit m8, fuck off.
>>
Anyone who frequents your archives probably has them bookmarked/knows their urls. Why do you need google?
>>
>>53890604
This.
Plus 4chanX has a drop down to access archives.
I've never used Google to access 4chan archives, or 4chan.
>>
>>53890604
more traffic. There are tons of casuals on the internet, everything is done through google / whatever default search engine. SEO is extremely important for traffic.

not even OP, I'm just a cunt who does stuff with websites and apps
>>
>>53891156
>never used google search to find the epic hot sauce from the webm that was posted on /gif/
>>
>>53891326
Saucenao and iqdb. Google is shit at finding sauce.
>>
>>53881551
>>53881551

archives shouldn't exist, goes against everything in chan culture.

scrape something else for advertising faggot

some autist from /pol/ doxxed me over something except they mixed me up with another faggot so now my real name and address is in your 4archive, forever, connected to some retarded shit

and people find it when they google me now

way to go fuckface

someday i'm going to come to your house, put a gun in your mouth, and then we can do some rm -r action
>>
>>53892034

wait actually now they don't find it when they google me

welp, your ass is safe for now, but once google re-lists it i'm buying a first class ticket to violence, destination you

and you're pretty obviously a weak nerd, so this should be fun.
>>
>>53883711
>And fuck you all for derailing the thread from my issue to your personal drama.
lmaooo
your personal drama is shitting up the board and net in general
i hope your sites fail you shit

kek
>archiving shitposts of a mongoloid finger painting site as a career
>not a loser

pick one
>>
File: 1451834438637.jpg (45 KB, 499x382) Image search: [Google]
1451834438637.jpg
45 KB, 499x382
>>53887182
So it seems, I was last active here about 2 years a go.

>>53887606
warosu is more stable and has more resources, rbt.asia is hosted at the home of some guy while warosu is in the USA at an actual datacenter

>>53888638
hmm, thnks, i'll check it. It's some mexican thread, it says so in the complaint.
It's not due to normal DMCAs since fgts.jp has 4 times more than me, but no legal complaint.
Thank you a lot, I really have not thought about this option, I'll remove the thread now and hopefully I'll get indexed again

>>53888937
for profit, they abuse google adsense so much, from my experience with such tactics they can easily turn 3-4k USD a month. AdSense pays like 10x more than anyone else, not to mention that he gets a ton of traffic to the ad banners since he has no other images to derail the user's eyes.

>>53889583
4chan was never any good, can't be bothered to post the SS from moot.

>>53889615
Thanks for the input.

>>53892034
contact me with the /pol/ post/thread and I'll remove it. I reply to every e-mail and remove everything that a person wishes me to.

>>53892173
I just got to 86.5kg but sure, 1v1 me mate.

>>53892511
>>archiving shitposts of a mongoloid finger painting site as a career
Who said that thi sis my career? It's a hobby and a training with dealing with huge amount of visitors' traffic as well as working with quite big databases and various servers and services.
I actually work as a mobile game dev (Unity3D), since I worked for 2 years as a back-end web dev and i got fed up with how easy and simple it is, and I thus wanted something more challenging.

@Every scrub in the thread:
>pic related
>>
>>53888573

Shove your shit website up your ass literary no once fucking cares you little bitch. If you get upset abouth google you are clearly doing this shit for profit so go suck a nigger cock you jew. RMS would hang you in public if he could.
>>
>>53894443
holy assblasted
>>
>>53894475

Just letting you know your shit is not welcome here in a manner you can understand you cum crust

>trying to make profit from someone elses content

chan archives are cancer
>>
>>53894443
not even OP, dumbass.

>If you get upset abouth google you are clearly doing this shit for profit
You do use google for traffic, regardless of profit. You don't make a website shit just because it's not for profit.
And you CAN use ads and just put the money back into the site, like many non profit projects and open source projects, free forums, etc
>doing this shit for profit
So? Cry more about it. Some people don't live in their parents basement and instead use money
>RMS would hang you in public if he could.
No one gives a fuck about RMS. He's fat old guy who eats shit off his foot and throws tantrums at speeches.
>>
>>53894579
OP here, just to add to the whole google thing, I use google not only for traffic but also GoogleCustomSearch for my on-website search.
Thnks for the support.

And about the whole for-profit thing, woah, I make 50usd a month pure profit after all the bills and taxes and hosting shit, amazing. I can buy myself two pizzas and a large coke. Yay.
>>
File: ff.png (50 KB, 1670x713) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
50 KB, 1670x713
>>53894603
forgot to attach picture:
>>
>>53894579

Even if you are not OP you are clearly supporting dickfarts just taking anonymous content without the permission of the posters and attempt to make profit from it by "archiving" it on THEIR servers. This is clearly an invasion on your privacy because shit you posted on anonymous boards are now permanently accesible by the public and brings profit to the thiefs that run these websites.

>No one gives a fuck about RMS

Where the fuck do you think you are?

>>53894603

How about you make something original for once instead of stealing content? 50$ or not you are still no better than the shitstains on social networks that repost shit for likes and views
>>
File: clip+(2016-04-06+at+11.23.24).png (14 KB, 1702x432) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2016-04-06+at+11.23.24).png
14 KB, 1702x432
OP here, well I removed all of my DMCAs and now I actually saw this
>pic related
Let's fresh it up and make it better...
I don't use cloaking so I really wonder wtf is happening...
fucking advertisers fucking up my site

nvm, i'll fix it.
it will take weeks to get the site rechecked.

Thank you all who tried to assist me. It's just google being asshats.
As for the haters, I couldn't care less of your opinion.
>>
>>53895108

Yeah, yeah fuck off already you smelly cunt.
>>
>>53883049
Why would it even be the death of your archive, stupid? Ask the 4chanX and appchan devs to add your archives to their scripts and you should be getting a constant stream of hits. I don't even know why you'd want to be listed by google. You'd get a ton of unwanted extra hits.
Hell, this way you're hardcore and part of the "deep webbb"
You sound like a retard, kill yourself.
>>
>>53883086
>disgruntled tripfaggot identified
Do your parents a favor and kill yourself.
>>
>>53883766
wow anon where can u submit ymca requests??
>>
>>53895108
Holy shit fuck off. I support archiving 4chan, but the entire point is to archive posts, not to share the posts with everyone.
Stop search engines from accessing posts directly, but let them see the main page that redirects to boards. If you can't do that, block search engines entirely.
This is why people hate you; they're not just blind haters. What you're doing is systematically destroying 4chan's culture.
4plebs was blocked by Google quite a while ago. Did you see the admin complaining? Of course not, because getting traffic isn't the point of creating an archive.
You are an abhorrent human being.

Also, use FoolFuuka like every respectable archive does you fucking retard.
>>
>>53895654
The Young Men's Christian Association
>>
>>53895674
FoolFuuka is quite poorly written CMS with a very outdated (read 2008) visual styles and code mindset. Forget about mobile version and HTML5. They still don't have /p/'s exif data shown, even doh asagi stores it in to the DB.
Asagi is a horrendous archive engine to begin with, everyone who uses it complains about it all the time, specially when it's used for popular boards like /vg/ /pol/ and /b/.

I don't use neither Fuuka nor FoolFuuka nor Asagi, i made my own system which is actually way more stable compared to the restwith way higher uptime percentage.

The main reason why i "cried" so much was because I use google search for showing search results, a thing which is used at some other archives as well, mostly because I can't afford yet a second VPS for a dedicated search.

So no, I could consider using foolfuuka some day, but it won't be soon.
>>
>>53883902

Was about to bash you but after seeing this post I've changed my mind.

If you can archive a whole thread AFTER it's been archived by 4Chan, it's all fair game.

It's faggots like warosu that archive every fucking post that I hate, even ones that were deleted by the user.

I can't account for the many times I posted a screenshot with my email that I deleted but still ended up on some archive site.

All in all I still think all of you auto-archives are pieces of shits that ruin 4Chan. Nobody asked you to do it faggot.
>>
File: File Name.png (21 KB, 740x773) Image search: [Google]
File Name.png
21 KB, 740x773
>>53897199

to add to my dubs

just know you're the reason some people don't post reaction images, or images at all, or just posting in general.

anyone that's been here a while knows what I mean.
>>
>>53896398
>FoolFuuka is so terrible, mine is so much better.
>That's why mine looks worse, has no customization options, and literally cannot even search.
Right. You're so convincing.
>a thing which is used at some other archives as well
All of them being terrible archives. Ever wondered why people use desustorage despite its admin being just as obnoxious as you are? Hint: it might have something to do with the fact that no one likes your "superior" system because of how much worse it is.
>>
>>53897199
>I can't account for the many times I posted a screenshot with my email that I deleted but still ended up on some archive site.
Have you considered not posting your email on 4chan? You can't blame archives for your own incompetence.
>I still think all of you auto-archives
What, as opposed to the ones who manually record millions of posts?
>are pieces of shits that ruin 4Chan
>>
>>53897229
>anyone that's been here a while knows what I mean.
I've been here since before even easymodo and newfags like you disgust me. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone even suggest that some people avoid posting just because of archives. People like you shouldn't even be allowed to post when you're so obviously new.
>>
>>53883086
Anono the buzzkill faggot fun destroyer.
>>
>>53898406
>>53898529
>>53898354

You know removing your trip doesn't mean you're a different person Mr. 4Char Almond
>>
I hope you get the issue resolved op, I am all for 4chan archives of any kind
>>
Nobody uses 4archive
>>
>>53898354
The desustorage admin ins obnoxious? Never seen the guy
>>
>>53900212
He's a "brony"
>>
>>53899883
Why would he shit. On his own archive?
>>
>>53900058
But are you "all for" the lowest quality archive getting hundreds of thousands of hits from search engines? Wouldn't it be better for properly functioning archives to be the ones getting that traffic?
>>
>>53900227
And?
>>
>admin claims not to care about hater whilst replying to them
kek
>>
>>53881551
let me guess you used VPBs to cheat your way up on jewgle and you thought the free ride would last? shame on you pajeet.
>>
>>53900227
Point being?
>>
>>53895108
Probably exoclick.
>run Javascript from ad networks that serve deceptive ads like "CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD VIDEO"
>holy shit why is my site doing nasty things to users that get it delisted from Google?
>>
>>53900227
I believe you are confusing ATC (AirTrafficControl), the admin of desustorage with Bui, the admin of fgts.jp.
Bui is a brony and used to be quite popular on those boards, while ATC barely ever browsed 4chan, let alone made an impression.
He's actually a pretty chill guy and is quite easy going about anything.
Bui, on another hand, is quite weird guy, hard to reach, not very talkative.

PS: you can meet all the admins on IRC.

>>53901585
>VPBs
No clue what that is. And no, i didn't use any black hat methods or anything to become more popular or anything I was always happy with the amount of visitors, regardless if it was 10, 100 or 1000 per day.

>>53900907
Actually this is how it goes right now.
In terms of traffic I believe 4archive beats fgts.jp, which is imo a good thing, since fgts.jp was already struggling a lot with the bandwidth.
I think the most popular archive is 4plebs and right behind him is desustorage. They both are for totally different audience compared to mine (first being /pol/ and gaming and second one being most popular for /a/, and i'm most popular for /b/ content).
Warosu.org is a bit less popular and I believe the lowest traffic ones are rbt.asia as well as some nyafuu/horse (or something like that?) archives.

>>53901941
It might be indeed with the exoclick/juicyadds/plugrush/popadds, but as everyone knows AdSense does not allow adult content. The day they allow it it will be amazing.
Furthermore, all major websites (like pornhub, youporn, etc.) also use the aforementioned advert. networks.
If the issue was indeed with an add partner I'll try to seek some affiliate partnership with some porn company or something, or at least to show "proper" ads. No one likes "download now!" adds or "grow dick by 50 inches naow!". A "proper" adult add in my opinion is one which promotes something like BangBros or something alike. An add which you could see even posted as a gif on 4chan - now that's a good add.
>>
All content leeches should be banned from Google desu.
>>
>>53902412
Have you tried visiting the site on an iPhone?
I've heard a lot of reports of iOS users in particular being redirected by shitty ad networks. I can reproduce the shitty ads they get served by setting the user-agent header, but not the redirection. Maybe it's an issue with outdated versions of Webkit allowing shit they shouldn't.
>>
>>53902412
>4plebs for /pol/
I will fight you for that. 4plebs is for /f/, I don't care that the admin has said that he often forgets that /f/ exists. The search function on 4plebs is much better for flashes than anything swfchan has ever done.
>>
File: mobile_redirect.png (8 KB, 272x193) Image search: [Google]
mobile_redirect.png
8 KB, 272x193
>>53902412
https://www.exoclick.com/advertisers/formats-2/
>Mobile Redirects
>The user is redirected to the advertisement page instead of your website.

https://www.exoclick.com/alternative-ad-formats-to-mobile-redirects/
>oh no Google is cracking down on us!
>>
>>53902580
On the plus side, maybe OP can give us some info about these shitty ads that we won't hear from our admin with perpetually broken Internet. For example, is there an option to turn these things off from the publisher side, or does anyone serving exoclick ads serve these things? What are the revenue differences between abusive and non-abusive ads?
>>
>>53902466
I havent tried that.
Actually I've always had disabled any mobile redirects and I also believe i've disabled all mobile popups.
>>53902580
On mobile devices one should see only banner adds (one in header and two in footer) and one static sliding/on-screen add at the bottom of the screen, which should be closable. That's how it is on my android at least.

>>53902659
I'm not sure about exoclick, since I've never used any redirects from them.
I've used plugrush before for a while to test it out, and they do pay a lot more 5 to 20times more.

Overall, regardless of the add network, I can sum it up like this:
* Text add - next to nothing, perhaps $0.01 per 1visits impressions.
* Banner add - usually low, unless people click on it. Exoclick pays the most and has the best visual appealing adds, but even they pay around 10$ per 1k clicks (not visits!).If you count it on visits it's about $0.1 per 1k visitors, unless someone actually buys something like membership, then you can get like $5 from just one click (with 4archive it happen to me around 10 times so far in about ~1 year time span. you do the math). Exoclick wins here big times.
* Popup adds are one of the best in my opinion, most networks usually have a payout of about $3 per 1k visits. Popads are the king here.
* Mobile redirects - incredibly high profit but why would you even do this is beyond me. Personally I've made 4archie for people to browse it, not to get in a redirection loop. I want people to come, get one or two popups if they are on desktop and one max if they are on mobile, and if they like the banner/sliding adds - to click it. If they don't like adds to use uBlock.
Anyway, usual payout for mobile redirects is about $3 per 1k visits. Plugrush is my favorite here.
* Splash screen adds - the second worse shit after mobile redirects - you force the user to spend 15s. watching advert before seeing the actual page. Payout is ofc. high, i'd assume $5 per 1k visits.
>>
>>53903124
cont.
it's all very volatile.
One day you can make $5, the other day, if all stars and moons in the galaxy have aligned correctly, you can make $50.

The stats I showed are to be considered for normal USA/UK/CA/NZ/AU visitors, without turned uBlock/AdBlock.

tl;dr:
Text adds suck, banner adds are good only if your visitor sees them and on 4chan threads people usually scroll very fast to get to the main content (there is an option to put a static banner from exoclick to be on screen all the time when you scroll, but i feel like this is a horrible user experience).
Minimum popups (max 1 for mobile, max 3 for desktop - ONCE every 24hours) are the future, splash and mobile redirect are cancer.
>>
File: HA.gif (825 KB, 290x218) Image search: [Google]
HA.gif
825 KB, 290x218
>>
>>53886537
>>53887941

Lol why are you mad?

It is the website equivalent of Snapchat. It doesn't retain memory. It gets archived and kept on a server for a while (as does Snapchat's data) and then it deletes itself. Bear in mind I said "equivalent", not version or prototype. Morons.

Are you really that fucking retarded and childish enough to wrongly defend a website as if it's your child? Jesus, you two must be new. Probably teenagers going through that "hurr hurr I know about 4chan, I'm so edgy and different" phase.
>>
>>53905096
Do you think a historian would be insulted if you described Charlemagne as the ancient equivalent of Justin Bieber? That's the equivalent of what you did.
>Jesus, you two must be new.
>These two people think highly of this website but not of some normalfag messenger
>Lol what newfags amiright?
>>
>>53884003
we don't care what you hate or love.
t. Anonymous

pls kill urself
>>
File: 1344886171291.jpg (53 KB, 554x527) Image search: [Google]
1344886171291.jpg
53 KB, 554x527
>>53897199
i wish i could hit you in the face
>>
>>53905096
>It is the website equivalent of Snapchat.
it's copy of www.2ch.net/
>>
It begins...

The totalitarian beast awakens...
>>
And why do you want your site to be indexed by google? So you can earn some quick easy money, underage jew?
Fuck off, retarded.
>>
>>53906998
hosting all these threads not going to be free, faggot
>>
People used to screencap notable posts and threads all the time before archive sites were around, and they screencap threads today when there is something notable. Why is everyone hating on archive sites that only archive content people want up? I agree archiving non notable threads is stupid but there is nothing wrong with archiving notable threads and posts.
>>
>>53907289
These screencaps were only shared on 4chan and other chans. That's why we hate reddit, 9gag, ifunny, etc, because they expose 4chan to unwanted people. It attracts unwanted people here.
Same thing with archives. Personally, I wouldn't be complaining if archives remained hidden.
>>
>>53907289
Because all of his traffic comes from search engines. These aren't anons wanting to read through great threads again, they're faggots googling "le epic 4chan maymays xD" and finding his website. Everyone is fine with desustorage, 4plebs, etc. because they are only ever seen by fellow anons. The admin posted a screenshot in this thread proving that it is the opposite with his website.
Basically, he is stealing the creativity found on 4chan and selling it to other parties.
>>
File: photo.jpg (56 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
56 KB, 512x512
>>53907883

THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE

Watch as everyone ignores this post because you just rekt their sjw content stealing sites.

Fuck off 4Archive, i hope Tyrone robs your backups and sells it to some crackhead for new rims.
>>
>>53887941
Posts and threads getting pruned is a pretty huge part of what makes an imageboard...
>>
>not writing your own keyword based 4chan archiver
Takes an hour to get something basic working at the most
>>
>>53908260
>keyword based
What keyword would I use?
>>
>>53909058
I made mine during day one of the fappening so I just put in a bunch of celebrity names and let it do its thing with /b/ and /tv/

No idea if it was worth it though. The code hasn't and won't be seen by potential employers, and as far as I know any and all of the worthwhile pictures this thing saved are still readily available
>>
>>53906329
You're a fucking retard.

Equivalent means "equal to", not a copy or a sequel of, which wasn't what I was suggesting, dickwad.

The fact that you're defending your precious 4chan is really pathetic. If someone had said to moot, ”So I guess 4chan is kinda like a website equivalent of Snapchat?", he would say, "Yeah, I guess it kinda is."

Not "hurr DURR CHARLEMAGNE MUH 4CHAN SNAPCHAT IS FOR NORMIES."

That is the equivalent of what you're doing.

>>53906872
By equivalent, I was referring to the lack of retained memory.
>>
File: browser #112.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
browser #112.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>53908260
ikr
>>
>>53881551

This might be a blessing in disguise. I don't want shit tier internet "journalists" writing up every shitpost into an article.
>>
>>53906329
>>53909635

Also, if you "think highly" of 4chan, you're a gigantic cringelord.

>normalfag messenger
>normalfag

No, you confirmed it. Maybe Snapchat is only fun if you're attractive. Like me.
>>
File: 1396007884384.png (25 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
1396007884384.png
25 KB, 175x175
>>53907136
He's not obliged to host those threads. Hell he's outright going against 4chan's rules. A large part of the userbase, if not the majority, hates 4chan archivers too.

So basically if you can't fund your unwelcome hobby project out of your pocket then you should rely on donations or shut down. Not place shitty ads.
>>
>>53909635
>If someone had said to moot, ”So I guess 4chan is kinda like a website equivalent of Snapchat?", he would say, "Yeah, I guess it kinda is."
No, he would say "Actually, 4chan only similar to Snapchat in the sense that both don't permanently host their content. That is where the similarities both begin and end.
>NORMIES
>>>/r9k/
>>
Who is this guy and where does he live, I'm going to order him a kilo of methylone via chinks
>>
>>53884260
Thanks to archives, I can see this even if it's deleted
>>
>>53909850
You mean these archives:

http://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/

?
>>
>>53909850
No you can't stop shilling
>>
>>53909871
or these:

https://fgts.jp/
https://desustorage.org/
>>
there's better archives, don't worry about it op
>>
Hopefully Google do one better and remove every archive from search
>>
>>53910052
What if Google just said "whelp, we're done!" and closed up business?
>>
>>53909752
>A large part of the userbase, if not the majority, hates 4chan archivers too.
>source: my ass
this thread is literally the ONLY place I've ever heard somebody complain about it.
>>
>>53906329
>comparing a gap of over a thousand years to a gap of 8 years
>>
>>53909803
>what is a website, client or program but a way to manage memory and transfer data

You clearly didn't read my post long enough to see that I was paraphrasing.

Everything digital is about memory. 4chan and Snapchat have the same life cycle for their memory and almost identical server-time archiving. Thus, they are very, very similar.

They're also both full of dick pics, attention seekers and naked girls. Need I make it more clear how similar they are?
>>
>>53910196
Then you must not have been in many threads. I suggest you use your precious archives to catch up.
>>
>>53881551
>Go to site
>Latest archived thread 2015-12-19
Its shit.
>>
>>53909660
>Maybe Snapchat is only fun if you're attractive
No, it's only fun if you're narcissistic. Like you.
>>
Someone should just make a search engine that only indexes things removed from Google.
>>
>>53910915
>having confidence in oneself
>being narcissistic

They're too different things, bro. Saying that you're most likely fuck ugly in comparison to me would also not be narcissistic. Just a bit dickish.

Stop tossing your favourite 4 syllable words at me.
>>
>>53911373
>I'm just so much smarter than all of you idiots. I'm also so much more attractive than all of you, which is why I can have fun using this app.
In what way is that not narcissistic? You obviously hold yourself in incredibly high regard, especially your attractiveness. That is literally the definition of narcissism.
>>
>>53911409
I haven't once said that I'm smarter than anyone. 90% of your post is pure projection.

I've just deduced that Snapchat is only fun when you're not ugly as shit.

Based on the general consensus of the lives and appearances of people on /g/, I imagine that's why they don't like Snapchat.
>>
File: YouDecide.png (415 KB, 400x597) Image search: [Google]
YouDecide.png
415 KB, 400x597
>>53881551
Dr. House or two jews talking?
>>
>>53911500
>I haven't once said that I'm smarter than anyone
>You're a fucking retard.
>"hurr DURR CHARLEMAGNE MUH 4CHAN SNAPCHAT IS FOR NORMIES."
Right, then I suppose you just believe that you're a fucking retard as well.
And stop shifting goalposts; you explicitly stated that "Snapchat is only fun if you're attractive," not that it's only fun if you're not ugly.
>>
>>53911710
I'm sorry that you're upset.
>>
File: it ends tonight.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
it ends tonight.jpg
138 KB, 1280x720
>>53911689
fucking lol'd
>>
>>53881551
bump for interest.
>>
>>53883200
This.

I originally thought Moot was posting or someone was posting about Moot removing his own archives. I always thought the archives were run by moot. I have all my threads saved in a huge folder. Thousands of them.
>>
>>53910071
Then we all go back to altavista
>>
>>53881551

So you are stealing content from other websites, trying to monetize it, then crying when you get rektd by G?
>>
>>53913250
> So you are stealing content from other websites
Did anybody say "archive.org"?
>>
File: 60225.png (219 KB, 467x306) Image search: [Google]
60225.png
219 KB, 467x306
Holyfuck, what the fuck happen to this thread?
How did it derail to snapchat being/not-being 4chan?

>>53913029
Nothing much to say, I've fixed some issues and told Google to re-validate my website.
In the meantime I'll try to create soon a proper search with a similar functionality to what FoolFuuka offers (Search by post number, image MD5, post text, etc.).
Even Google doesn't index me, then I guess i'll be a "hidden" archive, where only 4chan members know about it.
This can be actually a good thing because i'd be getting next to none DMCAs as well as much less bandwidth and stress on my servers.

And to people who say that 4chan archives are hated, how come when archive.moe died everyone cried for weeks?
And the only reason why fgts/desustorage/4plebs/warosu/rbt.asia is better than 4archive is because of them having search and that they don't have adds as of right now? Hmm note taken.
I'll see what I can do about it, someone suggested donations, it costs about $100/mo to host it right now, so we'll see.

Anyway, I don't plan on stopping, I plan on only expanding.
>pic related
>>
>>53881551
>So, /g/, any ideas? Suggestions? I highly doubt /biz/ would deal with such stuff, or any other board, and due to the nature of my websites I really do not want to ask on a 'normal' forum.
Enjoy being censored.

Switch to a search engine that does not search you.
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.