[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: Android box general What have you got /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
itt: Android box general
What have you got /g/?
>>
>>53878299
Nexus player.
Nice and cute, x86, nexus, is nice.
>>
I'm thinking of getting one and using it like a steam link.
>>
Had no idea nexus player was Intel chip set, makes it the clear better choice over amazon firetv
>>
I have the fire tv stick. Should have sprung for the box or idealy got something that runs pure android so i didn't need to sideload everything.
>>
>>53878499
Only for fucking around with really. I'm kinda an x86 fanboy, can't keep me away from mini intel stuff.
Not sure how it actually holds up against arm stuff, but I certainly like it.
>>
MXQ PRO 4K, Amlogic S905
>>
>>53879115
How would you rate it?
>>
File: mx3-g.jpg (255 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
mx3-g.jpg
255 KB, 1000x1000
This little guy.
The only issue I have is with the Youtube for Android TV app, it doesn't hide the status bar.
I wonder if I can install the xposed framework in it.
>>
Which is the best for streaming shit on your TV?
More than anything I will be streaming sports on TV
>>
>>53879301
Through Kodi or something, don't want to have to need to use a PC at all to steam
>>
Does anyone know about streaming your pc games through one of these things?
>>
>>53878299
I dont, I just send shit to my chromecast
>>
>>53879301
Kodi has lots of plugins for that, you can run it on pretty much any android box.
>>
>>53878299
Y u no buy intel nuc.
>>
>>53879328
Thanks man
>>
are there any good chink shit ones?
>>
>>53879193
pretty sure all of those come rooted by default

>>53879693
rockchip based ones are good, at least for something that costs 30 bucks

if you've got a dumb TV somewhere this is probably the most cost efficient way to make it "smart"
>>
>>53879301
Chromecast
>>
I have the Nvidia Shield TV.

It's the only hardware short of an Intel NUC capable of playing 1080 Hi10p Vietnamese Kite flying tutorials.
>>
>>53879950
so you use it to play shit from the PC?
>>
>>53879999
>from the PC?
I have a raspberry pi NAS with a 3 Tb disk.

but yeah, I play files with kodi from a samba share.
>>
>>53879950
The thing that pisses me off about the Shield TV is that they try and advertise it as some kind of "Gaming" device. What fucking games? It's fucking Android. And streaming is just a middle-man for PC gaming, not actual Android "Gaming". And yes I am aware of those random Shield "Exclusives" they shit out like once a year which are just old last-gen or PC ports you can play on 10 yr old hardware.
>>
>>53880086
whatever, I only emulate PS 1 games on it.

the remaining 90% of the time I use it to consume media.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.