[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>look for work >no one needs a C developer i guess i fell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: scsk.png (55 KB, 169x184) Image search: [Google]
scsk.png
55 KB, 169x184
>look for work
>no one needs a C developer

i guess i fell for the C meme
>>
>>53877524
What kind of job you're looking for? You can program a microcontroller, right? You can also write kernel drivers too, right?
>>
C is deprecated. Study Assembly it's making a comeback.
>>
>>53877537
>typo
s/you're/are you/
>>
>>53877537
im looking for whatever but people are only requesting java and web dev shit
>>
>>53877537
>>53877550
People from cat-v are stand out so much from the typical /g/ consumerist.
>>
>>53877620
s/ are//
>>
>>53877524
The point of learning C is so that you can go on to learn other languages and use them more effectively than dumb faggots who start with Python/Ruby/JS and don't know how hashmaps actually work and what a pointer is.
>>
File: 1458708450250.jpg (14 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
1458708450250.jpg
14 KB, 249x202
its all php, java, c#, and webshit out there
>>
>>53877524
c is mostly used in embedded systems. go see who wants programming for a low-resource computer, or look into any kind of development needing low-level access.
>>
There's literally no point learning C if you're a CS major. All the companies hiring C developers also want people with hardware experience so you are better off majoring in electrical engineering.
>>
>>53879013
/thread
>>
>>53877524
Jobs where you need to know C are pretty technical and far and few between. You're guaranteed to get paid a lot if you findnone, but you'll also want to kill yourself because it will be crazy embedded system microcontroller server client stuff making use of deprecated and risky library functions that you have to make your own functions just to use safely.
>>
>>53877563
Who would've guess, the most common stuff is the most requested stuff????? :DDD

Good job, you fell for the /g/ hipster code.
>>
>>53877801
>The point of learning C is so that you can go on to learn other languages
print your text post and go fuck yourself with it.
>>
Why do you only know one language? Did you set out to learn a language instead of actually learning to program?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.