[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck is apple doing to their computer lineup? laptop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
what the fuck is apple doing to their computer lineup?

laptop? shit
desktop? shit
display? shit
>>
no idea, but it's a fucking joke.

yearly releases like the iphone now?
>>
>>53877497
>imac: neutral
>implying a "desktop" with laptop parts that and/or throttling issues is fine
>>
>>53877497
>Macbook
Best ultraportable you can buy.

>rMBP
Best laptop you can buy and dirt cheap compared to alternatives.

>iMac
Great screen with a decent computer, also very cheap.

>Trashcan Pro
Best looking desktop you can buy.

What exactly is a problem with their lineup again?
>>
>>53877497
Apple is falling anyway without Steve Jobs it's just a hipster niche.

Every retarded fanboy I knew switched away from Apple soon after Steve died.
>>
>>53879357
The problem is that you have Applel's cock jammed so far down your throat that you're hallucinating from lack of air.
>>
>>53879382
Why are you so obsessed by cocks?
>>
What's wrong with their display? I've heard that they're pretty good.
>>
>>53879394
Not him, but you kind of develop a taste for them on this website.
>>
I'm honestly shocked that they haven't phased out their desktops and displays yet.
>>
>>53879413
I became homophobic because of this website.. I think it doesn't work the same for everyone.
>>
I used to pretty much own only apple computers. But they are going in directions I don't like such fewer ports, thinness above everything else, underpowered cpu's and gpu's.
>>
>>53879357
How is the iMac cheap compared to alternatives? Sure the screen is nice but at that point just build a computer or even buy one and buy a nice screen for it

I hope this is bait.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 480x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 480x490
Apple used to be great. After iOS 6 their phones and tablets became shit. After OS X Mavericks their Laptops and Desktops became shit. They're ugly, have shit battery life, and have very few customization options. You can't downgrade them. Also, nobody needs a tablet the size of a small window. The Apple pencil and that battery case are just about the most homosexual pieces of tech you can buy. (Typed from an iPhone 6).

I'm buying an LG Nexus 5X and signing up for Project Fi. Decent phone and dirt cheap reliable service. I'm done getting ass fucked by Apples terrible iOS updates and Sprints 2 years of spotty connections.
>>
>>53879357
see>>53879297
>>
>>53879508
For one its an All in one, so not comparable to desktops, but even if you want to, it's pretty hard to set up something with similar specs and hardware for less. 27" iMac is just $1800, even the most cheap 5k screens are $1000, better ones are $1600, Apple trackpad and keyboard alone are $200, so even if you roll with a shitty 5k screen, you only have $600 left to build a much faster PC in a slick case. And still would need to mess with Hackintosh to get a decent OS on it.

>>53879618
There are no throttling issues and the only laptop part is the shitty GPU, which is irrelevant for 90% of tasks.
>>
>>53879445
Different strokes for different folks
>>
>>53877497
>laptop? shit
>desktop? shit
>display? shit

So the same thing they've always done.
>>
>>53877497
remember how well apple was doing in the nineties when Jobs was gone? yeah.
>>
>>53877497
>what the fuck is apple doing to their computer lineup?
Literally nothing.
>>
>Macbook
Mediocre alternative to thinkpads for people that demand 16:10 displays and hate trackpoints/good keyboard layouts. Generic intel notebook.
>rMBP
Impossible/expensive to upgrade and repair so it can be thinner. Being thinner, however, doesn't make it that much more portable unless you are a very weak person. Screen looks nice, not really worth it unless you're in the business of throwing money away on cheap consumer shit instead of stocks and cars like everyone else. The high DPI gimmick isn't even unique anymore, so why bother?
>MBA
>iMac
>Mac pro
A complete and total waste of money. If you have the disposable income, find a better way to spend it. This says "I know nothing about computers" more than it says "I can afford shit".

>>53880201
>The buggiest, least secure unix since linus torvalds and richard stallman joined forces
>decent OS
>iMAc
>Not an $800 computer
>wanting applel's shit keyboard and shit trackpad
>>
>>53877497
Apple's notebooks sans the newest shitty Macbook have always been the notebooks of choice.
>>
File: webcam_300215160403.jpg (213 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
webcam_300215160403.jpg
213 KB, 453x604
>>53882548
This desu
>>
>>53882548
>since linus torvalds and richard stallman joined forces
Did I miss something?
>>
>>53881832
I'll s-stroke you
>>
>base macbook pro comes to the price of a fully loaded Thinkpad T460s

Suck dick applel fags
>>
>>53883691
Configure a T460s with 8 GB of RAM, a 128GB SSD, and the WQHD screen option. Tell me hownmuch it costs.
>>
File: 1459599690130.jpg (179 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
1459599690130.jpg
179 KB, 1200x630
>>53877497
>>
>>53879357
>>Macbook
>shitty opinion
>>rMBP
>shitty opinion + bullshit
>>iMac
>shitty opinion
>>Trashcan Pro
>shitty opinion
>>
>>53884043
I am sure you can name something similar but better, right?
>>
>>53882548
Wew lasses.
>>
>OS X
>Initial release March 24, 2001; 15 years ago
>>
>>53877497
>what the fuck is apple doing to their computer lineup?

Steve is dead, Apple has been running on fumes ever since.

It's all ogre.
>>
>>53882548
You can say what you want about the keyboard but the trackpad is not shit.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.