[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you hard brick a phone? I had a problem with my S6 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
How do you hard brick a phone?
I had a problem with my S6 and even if i started flashing random shit,kernels,Pit's roms,bootloaders,mashing ROM's the Download mode was still working and i could you just flash a stock to revive him. How the hell can you hard brick a phone?
>>
If you brick the bootloader and recovery completely and the phone isn't so popular that you can revive it with leaked software.

Example: You are developing a custom ROM for a random Chinese brand and you brick the bootloader, it'll boot into a black screen and that's it, and there is no documentation on how to save it. If the manufacturer had something like the audio jack unbricker like Samsung has, you'd need to reverse engineer it and find that.
>>
>>53877372
Go to XDA and flash the wrong kernel along with a random rom
>>
>>53877433
Did that with a S1 i9000 back in the times. It only put me on forever boot animation mode. Still download mode worked.
>>
>>53877456
Flashing the wrong kernel can mess up the bootclasspath. This tells your device how to boot. This might not happen all the time though.
>>
>>53877372
>How do you hard brick a phone?
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
>>
>bricked one by flashing a custom kernel that erased the whole nand, dev unknowingly killed over 100 phones
>another by trying to restore the imei, probably fucked up the nand as well
>a cheap tablet by flashing a bootloader for another chipset
>a samsung tablet too, it got stuck in a bootloop and just wouldn't turn off, died soon enough
It's probably a lot harder to brick newer devices.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.