[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw the robots take your job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: IWK8J1XB6qa-zIVn.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IWK8J1XB6qa-zIVn.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>tfw the robots take your job
>>
File: having a good time.png (9 KB, 97x86) Image search: [Google]
having a good time.png
9 KB, 97x86
>tfw you see reposts from Tumblr on 4chan
>>
>>53875817
write a better robot
???
profit
>>
File: 1454775671414.gif (168 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1454775671414.gif
168 KB, 267x200
>>53875817
>>
>robots take your job
GOOD

I'm looking forward to the day when all shitty jobs are taken by machines. Humans aren't meant for anything so repetitive or menial that a machine could do it. Work for humans should be complex, technical, and only really something a free-thinking human is capable of achieving.
>>
>>53876310
What proportion of humans are complex-minded, technically competent, and free-thinking?

What this will really cause is the poor getting poorer, as the low skill, low wage jobs get automated away just like they did in the industrial revolultion.

Just like the industrial revolution, that's not a bad thing, despite the amount of handwringing we're going to see in the next few years because of it.
>>
>>53876454
I wouldn't wish the life of a career factory worker on my worst enemy.
>>
File: 1405987113652.jpg (59 KB, 494x481) Image search: [Google]
1405987113652.jpg
59 KB, 494x481
>>53876310
*tips fedora*
Well said fellow redditor! Stupid people deserve to die.
>>
File: 1436999580663.jpg (26 KB, 510x285) Image search: [Google]
1436999580663.jpg
26 KB, 510x285
>>53876481
I would wish it on Steve Jobs and Tim Cuck desu senpai.
>>
>>53876481
Lucky for you, and them, soon there won't be any career factory workers.

They'll be unemployed instead. Now's the perfect time to be modelling what basic income looks like, and start trialing it. Imagine a world where working was completely optional, robots meant that all your basic work was done for you, but you could make mad dollar on top if you're smart and contribute to science, tech, health, etc, in the way that 75% of the population can't.
>>
>>53876531
>basic income

Haven't the USA and UK both done that and created an underclass of people that spend money on big TVs and shit instead of essentials?
>>
>>53876580
Can't speak for the USA, but here in the UK, the benefits system in no way reflects what basic income looks like.

Basic income is universal and without conditions. In the UK, the benefits system is supposed to be supplemental and has rules which essentially means it's a game to be played. There's a reason why they spend the money they have on these sorts of things, and it's because they are lifestyle items that essentially act both and social signalling but also because they are capex items that the government can't sanction.

It's quite like IT departments blowing mad stacks on useless shit instead of essentials because of how their companies budgeting system works.
>>
>>53876632
How would removing rules/conditions change how people spend it though?
>>
>>53876674
Because if you know the money isn't at risk of disappearing on a weekly basis, you don't make a point of spending it all as fast as you can.

When the government attempts to penalise you every month to reduce costs, you get good at tying money up in capex to make it look like you're always in need.

Giving everyone a basic income would mean we could abolish the benefits system as it stands, and then, if you blow all your cash, you've no one to blame but yourself, whereas now, there's an incentive to be poor (more benefits). Removing that incentive with a flat basic income and also giving people the security that they can plan into the future rather than thinking giro to giro has an incredibly stabilising effect.

Of course, some people are beyond help but frankly, a basic income would give us the leverage to deny them an endless pot of money in the way we do with the current benefits system.
>>
>>53875857
Sore wa doushita?
>>
>NEET Robots
>>
>>53876793
because
>>
>>53876632
>>53876724
This. Collecting and managing welfare has became some sort of sports here in the Netherlands.
>>
>>53876724
There's still a way to game the system you propose though

have more kids
more kids = more cash
>>
>>53877109
Do you think NL would benefit from abolishing the welfare system and implementing BI?

>>53877176
Ironically this is how it works in the UK already. Having kids to claim child benefits is pretty common because it's a pretty good mid-term plan. Kids are relatively cheap for the first 6 years or so because healthcare is free.

A sensible BI system wouldn't give children a BI until there were in their teens, and even then it wouldn't be full rate until 18. I can imagine a system where you start getting half your BI at 16 and then full at 18.
>>
>>53876310
Enjoy unemployment.
>>
>>53877210
>Do you think NL would benefit from abolishing the welfare system and implementing BI?
No, not at all. Even though as a student I'd love the idea I can see all sorts of problems. The welfare queens will get less money and will start doing more crime/riots.
A better solutions was trying to get people to work.

Currently when on welfare you're supposed to sollicitate for a few jobs every month, but people just apply for positions they are absolutely not qualified for and if they even get invited for a conversation they just fuck it up on purpose.

As for the child benefits: the Netherlands needs children. However as of now this system benefits Arabs and blacks popping out child after child, while employed mothers have to spend half their income for daycare.
>>
>>53876580
The way unemployment benefit works in the UK is that it's a full time job to keep the government from finding any excuse they can to stop giving you money. If you don't do the paperwork, don't jump through the hoops, they'll find any reason to stop giving you money.
As if making the unemployment benefit experience as miserable as possible is motivation to find jobs that don't exist
>>
>>53877176
This is a big flaw in any system and any system that rewards poor people having children is fundamentally broken and heading towards self destruction.
I'd rather pay poor people to not have children.
Want children? Get a job. Can't get a job? Don't have children.
>>
I probably won't be too easily replaced, as I doubt a robot will be able to efficiently do plumbing for a long time.
>>
I'm NEET
I'd like to see them try to take my job
>>
>>53877274
survival of the laziest
>>
>>53877284
Problem with this is if there was basic income, people would have time to learn plumbing themselves.
Instead of driving around a truck or doing some other menial task, they just do plumbing themselves. They learn how to wire their house too.
Lots of these 'house services' become something that people just learn how to do themselves since they now can.
>>
No. I'm a stripper.
>>
>>53877251
Mate there are plenty of jobs.
Unfortunately there are also plenty of people who think that certain jobs aren't good enough.
>>
But the government is already importing migrants that will do the jobs that we don't want to do.
>>
>>53877347
That's what the tories want you to think.
Anyway, you think making the benefit situation intolerable is the solution? Making it worse is not going to get people more willing to break their back on a farm for minimum wage.

>>53877404
Migrants are part of the problem. Not because they take jobs from natives, no, since natives don't want to do them anyway. The problem is that they are taking jobs that could be mechanised, or automated.
>>
>>53877443
I get job offers pretty much weekly. I agree that in 2008-2012 it was bad, but at the moment, the market is booming.
>>
>>53876310
>a free-thinking human
>just like me!
>>
>>53877494
That's good to hear. Any of them not minimum wage?
>>
>2016
>working for min wage for some cunt living in a mansion eating beluga caviar.

Seriously though. A society that can afford it should take care of those less fortunate but it should also offer incentives to get into work (carrot rather than stick approach). Right now it's all stick and no carrot.

The idea of limiting children is a good one but 1. you would have the liberals up in arms and 2. abortion laws and religious idiots would not allow it and 3. all the migrants would riot. Besides. We need children to look after us in the future (wiping our asses in retirement homes).

We have a big problem with singles at the moment. Myself being one of them. There are far too many single people with nobody to care for them. Our society has become fragmented with no communities anymore. Everyone is out for themselves and the foreigners refuse to integrate (I don't mean race mix. Just fucking socializing and mixing with society. There are large swathes of the country (UK here) with niggers in one place, paki's in another etc. The money circulates in their own backyards too and gets filtered out of the country. Allowing migrant workers into the country was the worst idea ever.
>>
>>53878064
They're all senior engineering positions, so I'm looking at 45k + Benefits.

I'm 25. It's not bad imo.
>>
>>53876310
get the fuck out you social justice cock suck
>>
>>53877328
Gynoids
>>
File: maxresdefault_2.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_2.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
>>53875817
>mfw I'll be dead when robots can repair automobiles
Autotechnician for life you fucking codemonkeys.

>>53875857
>seeing Tumblr post
>>
>>53876310
Prepare for about 100 (you)s from people who would rather stifle the progress of the human race than learn something new.
>>
File: Picture-264-300x228.png (90 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
Picture-264-300x228.png
90 KB, 300x228
>>53876310
>tfw our only purpose was to give birth to A.i
>tfw we are inferior in every way to a machine
>tfw we were only a catalyst for something greater
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.