[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
C\C++ "Import" bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (154 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
154 KB, 1366x768
I've been stumped for the last hour. no matter what I try, it always detects that I'm asking for a file within the same directory. I've tried every possible combination I could think of.

I've google around, but not much luck. Not even an example of a proper path being wrote, just "import "path\to\your\file\here"" shit.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>53873542
>What am I doing wrong?
Not cropping your screenshots
>>
>>53873542
>Visual Studio
Found the problem.

You should be using Eclipse instead, senpai.
>>
>>53873610
>not sublime
nope
>>
>>53873542
wtf is this dude, just add it through your project via visual studio itself
>>
File: 1453934414592.png (132 KB, 249x315) Image search: [Google]
1453934414592.png
132 KB, 249x315
>>53873610
>points out the problem is a shitty IDE
>recommends more shit as a remedy
In conclusion, what OP is doing wrong is trying to do sane programming on an operating system designed for anything but.
>>
File: Untitled.png (25 KB, 893x236) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25 KB, 893x236
>>53873573
There you go. I hope you're nice and fucking pleased.

>>53873610
I've tried Eclipse, NetBeans, CodeBlocks, Monodevelop,Sublime, VIM, all the way down to Calculator, they all suck compared to visual studio. At least Visual studio fucking compiles. Back when I was on linux trying to get back into c#, no program compiled, and none compiled on windows either. That or the intellisense was fucked beyond belief and I'm spoiled with intellisense.
>>
>>53873690
please fucking tell me how to do this. like i'm not shitting you i will suck your cock while drawing a peanut butter heart on my bald ass head
>>
>>53873542
U SUCK ALEX
>>
alex, your path above it may be causing your issue.
>>
>>53873825
Wait, what? above what?
>>
>>53873542
>Managed C++
Absolutely kill yourself.
>>
>>53873610
> durr Microsoft

No matter what you say, feature and UI wise, VS wrecks the competition. It's the most capable and featured IDE for it's native uses. Eclipse doesn't even do anything useful unless you install a gorillion plug-ins to do some shit, and of course it then breaks on some obscure error because haha fuck you.
>>
Are you still here?
have you tried this??
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fwawt96c(v=vs.110).aspx
As some people said in this thread, visual studio is bad for c++. you should look an alternative.
>>
>What am I doing wrong?
Using C++/CLR.
>>
>>53874065

Yeah, but VS is a pain to use with compilers and build systems that don't suck.
>>
>>53874604
Elaborate please. How do MS compilers suck?
>>
>>53874456
DUUUUDE, thanks man! You just helped me fix my problems, got my program working, helped reevaluate my mental state, cured my aids, got me some mad hot bitches, get luck at winning the lottery, and helped solve world peace with me! Thanks so much!!!!
>>
>>53874655

They don't support all of C++11 and C++14 (in particular, SFINAE and extended constexpr shit), nor do they support C11. They don't produce nearly as well performing code as everyone else, and they don't even have portability. GCC and Clang can pretty much target any platform under the sun. They also have much better compatibility with the majority of C and C++ libraries floating around, which may often not have a build system available for MSVC.
>>
>>53874816
>They don't support all of C++11 and C++14 (in particular, SFINAE and extended constexpr shit), nor do they support C11
I guess that's a valid reason.
>>
>>53873610
This post is so awful it gave me cancer. VS is by far the best C++ IDE, no competition. CLion is the second best, but its not free and not as good.

MSVC sucks though.
>>
>>53873542
this
>>53873987
>>
>>53874906
Visual studio has the best debugger compared to all the other shit.
>>
>>53873542
>What am I doing wrong?
>wandongs
>visual studio
you might have guessed it, OP
>>
>>53873542
>managed c
Srsly?
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (33 KB, 744x494) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
33 KB, 744x494
Ignore the trolls
Go to the properties of your project and follow the picture
>>
>>53874906
VS is MSVC though
>>
tfw op left after I tried to help
>>
>>53876407
This. I work with c++ w/ VS2013 and that is the best way to include
>>
>>53876407
>>53876493
this

also fuck the troll VS is the GOAT if you programmed more then a fizz buzz you would know
>>
>>53876534
trolls*
>>
>#import
>>
>>53873748
lol
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.