[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/ I've recently acquired a dedicated server that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: gentoocloud.jpg (194 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
gentoocloud.jpg
194 KB, 950x534
Hello /g/

I've recently acquired a dedicated server that i'm primarily using for filesharing and as a seedbox.
I'd like to upload my personal movie collection of 1.5TB to the server, so i can share it with my friends and family.
My personal upload speed is capped at 200kbps, so it's not an option to upload it from home.
I'm thinking of making a custom torrent so i can upload at night frome home and bring my external hdd with me to my school and leech on their massive bandwidth in the daytime.
I've spoken to my tech department lots of times, they are nice but incompetent and they've admitted to me that they have no control over the network and don't know how to monitor it.

Would this be the easiest way to transfer all the data little by little or have you got any better ideas?
>>
>they've admitted to me that they have no control over the network and don't know how to monitor it.

Be careful. Better be safe than sorry later.
Schools / colleges are really anal about p2p network.
I think it's better to upload all your stuff with ftp, then you can create your torrent with rutorrent directly from the server.
>>
>>53870071
I thought about it using FTP, but there is 400~ movies and you can't pause and resume uploads. So i would lose track of the progress instantly.
The torrent i would be making would only involve me and my server which is hosted in another country.
>>
Probably overkill, but if you know some php, you can probably copy paste resumable upload code and see if you can just do file by file
>>
>>53870269
so your suggestion is to make a website and transfer files over http?
>>
>>53869964
btsync. or torrent with force encryption & dht disabled.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.