[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello, /g/entoomen, I come here to ask your opinions on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Cyborgs-vs-Humans.png (496 KB, 630x429) Image search: [Google]
Cyborgs-vs-Humans.png
496 KB, 630x429
hello, /g/entoomen, I come here to ask your opinions on the 2045 initiative, coupled with some recent technological advances.
For reference, the 2045 initiative is a collaboration to achieve immortality by 2045 through advances in robotics and eventually transferring our consiousnesses into computers, there website is here: http://2045.com/
Their timescale places human transplants at around 2020, which coincides with a recent IBM announcement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdoyQpF9ehE
which claims they will have a virtual brain by that time.
In addition, there have been recent advancements in prosthetic limbs, now users can actually feel sensation as if it were real:
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-33052091
Our vision is being enhanced:
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/06/19/the-8-minute-surgery-that-will-give-you-superhuman-vision-forever/
Organs are gradually becoming artificial:
http://bgr.com/2016/03/30/growing-artificial-heart-tissue-3d/
In short, the age of the cyborg is upon us, /g/entoomen, where do you stand?
>>
>>53869122
should I also mention that this will lead to AI and the singularity, and thus our waifus will become real?
>>
>>53869122
>thread about the future of technology
>on page 10
>with only one reply
The fuck? This shit is the key to space travel, A.I., Immortality! /g/ should be all over this, the fuck.
>>
>>53872454
/g/ wld rather rice slackware and make txt philes about meck kyboards
>>
>>53869122
>be immortal
>never able to orgasm again

yeah, no.
>>
>>53872521
>not realising you can have a prosthetic penis on your robot avatar
>>
>>53872564
>not realizing no feels
>>
I don't even want to be alive right now... Why would I want to live forever? I will be a happy soul in heaven and your goyim mind control plan ain't gonna work on me, Shlomo.
>>
>>53872580
Read the OP, prosthetic limbs can feel things now
>>
>>53872614
Because if you're a robot they can send you to the far reaches of the galaxy and you can explore whole new worlds with your A.I. waifu
>>
I'm all for augmenting our bodies. Living tissue is just limited in certain ways. That being said, I believe there's still potential that can be unlocked with genetic engineering as well, that shouldn't be overlooked.

>transferring our consiousnesses into computers

Do they literally mean transfer, or just make a copy? Because I feel like a lot of people don't realize these are two different things. I have no idea how possible it is to actually transfer a mind without keeping the brain cells intact is, but I think it's something worth still investigating.
>>
File: 36.jpg (401 KB, 700x1082) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
401 KB, 700x1082
Here is my stupid question of the day.

Let's say you are building a robot arm. What part of the arm do you design first?

You can't start with the fingers, because they are controlled by muscles in the forearms. Can't do the forearm without working on the fingers at the same time. What about the shoulder?
>>
Honestly, I think this is great, Think about it, you would have the capacity to learn all human knowledge and never forget it. You could know everything past, present, and future. I think that his is a beautiful thing. To the anon who commented on the genetic engineering aspect. I do agree with you but I believe that genetic engineering will be the apex of our ability to manipulate nature. With our consciousness in robots we could truly be immortal and manipulate the very fabric of matter to our own design and desires. We would become gods.
>>
File: 1441062862970.gif (883 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1441062862970.gif
883 KB, 500x269
>>53873618
>We would become gods.
There's only one God, Ma'am.
>>
>>53874489
Demi-gods then
>>
>>53869122
>In short, the age of the cyborg is upon us, /g/entoomen, where do you stand?
How about "fuck yeah"?

Ok, not sure about the consciousness transfer part, but even getting my stuff that thinks away from this clusterfuck of stress reactions, unstable hormone levels, allergies and decay sounds like it could be a major improvement.
>>
I kinda fear the day we are able to completely decode the signals of the brain to read thoughts.
The last thing I want NSA to know is my thoughts. It's the last bastion, and it too will be given up.
Also, I kinda fear what will happen once stable brainwashing technologies are developed. Not that there aren't any now, but I sure don't want them getting cheaper.
And if it ever spills into general public, it will be even worse.
Overall, while I usually have an attitude of "eh, nuclear bombs are dangerous, but we can probably handle it, and finding nuclear energy did more good than bad" to science, with brain scans, if I had the opportunity to just flat-out deny one technology to humanity forever, it would probably be manipulating the brain directly. I would also be willing to give up brain scans for that too.
My only hope by this point is that tinkering with brain in that way will somehow turn out to be impossible, and we will be only able to do the simplest of manipulations and proximity decoding with them. Because science sure as hell isn't stopping.
>>
>>53877386
On the subject of brains, the tech to keep one functional indefinitely my already be here:
http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-build-an-artificial-neuron-that-fully-mimics-a-human-brain-cell
If we can put the brain on life support in a machine, we can presumably add these neurons to it if any die and this keep the brain going forever.
Even if we can't do full consciousness transfers this is how we become immortal. We can live as a brain in a jar connecting to the world via remote controlled robot or the internet, and if we REALLY need sexual pleasure we can just stimulate the right part of the brain.
>>
>>53872614
/thread
>>
>>53873445
Start on the main upper and bone structures, and join them by the elbow.
Then work back to attaching this to the shoulder.
Now route basic wires/pipes down the arm, and now you're ready to take the lower arm, using the pivot mechanism for the elbow as a base, and rebuilt it midway down, allowing for actuators and tendons to eventually link to the hand and fingers.
>>
>>53869122
What's the point of even trying to achieve biological immortality if the Judgment is close? The universe is going to be recycled anyway, and everyone that's alive then will get an eternal body regardless of what they done in life... sure some will be separated for eternity in a lake of fire the rest will ascend in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.