[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I dropped my LG G3. The screen didn't crack but it has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: visual1_visual1.png (314 KB, 534x593) Image search: [Google]
visual1_visual1.png
314 KB, 534x593
So I dropped my LG G3. The screen didn't crack but it has become unresponsive. It will however work if I hold down on the area for 3 seconds, and as long as I'm texting fast it is working as if nothing is wrong.

It's getting annoying to have to hold down buttons for 3 seconds for them to work, but it WILL work if I do that.

Is there a fix for this?
>>
Please, just looking for any ideas as to what it might be. Does anyone think I should open it up and check the connections?
I've heard of something about reflowing the solder.. does anyone have knowledge on this?
>>
No one knows?
>>
you're on /g/ senpai

open that shit up
>>
>>53870237
Fuck.. I don't have a micro screwdriver... WAAATTTT
>>
>>53870372
Congratulations on your new founded hobby. Sounds like your digitizer is fucked. Either get a new phone or learn how to ifixit.
>>
>>53870403
I also forgot to mention that sometimes the screen will respond perfectly for some reason, but if I lock it and try to open it again it will go back to fucking itself.

It's a strange situation.
>>
>>53869049

This is a fairly common problem with the LG G3. The first batch has a faulty digitizer that is easily corrupted with slight bumps. You can actually fix it by wrapping it in a layer of aluminum foil, and microwaving it for ten seconds at the lowest power setting.
>>
>>53870443
Already tried :\ still same problem
>>
>>53870443
Kek
>>
Get a new phone.
Mine's not even broken and sometimes I'll have to hit a soft button 3-4 times for it to fucking do what it's supposed to.
G3 a shit.
>>
Step 1: open up the dial
Step 2:type in 3845#*XXX* the xs replaced by the phone version number (ex. my lg g2 is d802 so I just type in 802)
Step 3: search for "settings" section
Step 4: click on touchscreen firmware upgrade
Step 5: see if something is changed
If not, It's a hardware problem.
>>
>>53869049
Cant hurt to reseat the digitizer connector. You only need to take off the bottom half of the phone and the connector is the smaller one, be careful not to damage anything else.
>>
OP before you do ANYTHING with your hardware, watch 3 relevant videos. Retards CONSTANTLY fuck up their phones because they don't know how to take them apart.
>>
LG has shit digitizers. The one on my G2 broke and I didn't even drop it or anything, it just gradually failed with a dead zone getting larger until one day fully one quarter of the screen was unusable.

G3 has similar issues. G4 has bootloops caused by hardware defects. Get something else like a Moto or Samsung.
>>
>>53869049
Yeah don't be a retard. But that's more preventative. I guess you're pretty fucked huh dummy?
>>
>>53869049
Buy the 5se till the 7 is out ,fucking cuck
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.