[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My dear friends, you now have only 3 months to upgrade to Wi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5
File: Win-10.jpg (106 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Win-10.jpg
106 KB, 2560x1440
My dear friends, you now have only 3 months to upgrade to Windows 10 for Free. On July, Microsoft claims that they will no longer offer Windows 10 as a free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 (and 8).

I highly recommend that you upgrade to Windows 10. Even if you do not like or want Windows 10, consider upgrading just so you can claim the free Windows 10 Product Activation, you can then uninstall and go back to your previous version of Windows.

With the free activation, in the future, you can re-upgrade if your computer would need it in the future.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
>>
>>53868920
>On July

Shut up Pajeet.
>>
I don't like Windows 10
>>
>>53868955
What happens after July?
>>
Install gentoo any time you like.
>>
File: 409.png (386 KB, 600x701) Image search: [Google]
409.png
386 KB, 600x701
Do they remove the telemetry from 7 and 8 after july?
>>
>>53869045
Then everyone, even windows 10 users have to pay to be able to upgrade to the newest update of windows 10, which will have edge extentions and other stupid crap they have been working on in the previews.
>>
>>53869284
Lmfao source please, I'll fuck my own ass if people who have already bought Win10 have to pay for that upgrade
>>
>>53869323
source: my mother's husband works at Microsoft
>>
>windows 10 is no longer free
>people on 7-8.1 still get the Windows 10 update
>upon finishing updating it will display "Your windows is not activated. You have 30 days to activate. Buy a product key now!"
>hidden in the settings they give you the option to revert back to whatever you were on, but it will format your entire HDD
>after 30 days windows holds your PC ransom
>mfw the government turns a blind eye and MS continues to do this with each "update"
>>
Anticipation of future price hikes raises consumer demand. Econ 101.
>>
>>53869323
Some guy that works at Microsoft, with pretty good connections told me this. It won't be an expensive upgrade/update but it'll have a payment barrier.
>>
>>53869442
Fuck, ransomware pussies BTFO. This is how racketeering is done.
>>
>>53869442
Literally a 100% chance of all this happening.
>>
>>53869538
Something along the lines of $20 for each monthly update, right?
>>
>>53869538
'"PAYMENT'"

'"BARRIER'"

'"PAYMENT'"

'"BARRIER'"
>>
>>53868920
You're on /g/, shill.

Nobody here ever has or ever will pay for windows, we could not give less of a fuck what microsoft do with their 'pricing'.
>>
>>53869597
>>53869594
>>53869538
So does this mean we can stop windows from automatically updating itself by just not paying them?

Sweet.
>>
>>53869645
From what I understand, without the most recent updates there's some severe vulnerabilities that could be exploited. A terrorist could potentially hijack your system and use it to coordinate an attack, or even delete all of your files. That sure would be a shame if something like that happened, wouldn't it?
>>
>>53869594
That's not really alot for what you're getting desu
>>
>>53869674
a lot.
>>
>>53869002
Fine, but I advise you upgrade anyways and keep a copy just in case

>>53869682
Yes, I realize that, but it's so common that they might as well start accepting it.
>>
>>53869704
NO
>>
>>53869594
Yearly, he said. But that's probably for home.
>>
>>53869670
Nah, the software will slowly bog down till it barely works they'l probably also make some kind of attempt at a propriety DNS or something which will mysteriously fail to work if the system isn't up to date for "security reasons"
>>
>>53869645
It also means you're left with spyware that has gimped software, which can throw ads in your face and disable all other settings and features on command until you buy it.
>>
Thank god

Does this mean it will stop asking me to upgrade from windows 7 every time i log in?
>>
>>53869728
No, it'll continue to do that but the ads will be for a paid version.
>>
>>53868920
Go back to shilling on Reddit where the brainless sheep actually care about Wangblows 10, faggot.
>>
>>53869755
It scheduled an auto update to windows 10 a couple weeks back but luckily I caught it, is there anyway to get them to stop asking and flat out say no to downloading this shit OS? I like windows 7
>>
>>53869709
Which point are you refusing? The keep a copy of Win10 anyways, or "alot" should be made it's own word? I hope it isn't the first one, friend ;^)
>>
>>53869816
The second :^).
>>
>>53869796
Just upgrade man
>>
>>53869824
I dunno, alot of people use it that way... xD
>>
>>53869796
It's already downloaded probably, if you are getting the popups. You can disable the auto update in the control panel, choose the setting to decide what updates you install and choose to do the same with recommended updates since win10 is being pushed as recommended.
>>
WINDOWS 7 4LYFE STREETSHITTERSSSSSS
>>
File: windoze-9.jpg (47 KB, 1152x768) Image search: [Google]
windoze-9.jpg
47 KB, 1152x768
Windoze 9 is best Windoze
>>
>>53869796
GWX Control Panel. get it.
>>
>>53869832
I am not going to literally out of spite, they are pestering me so hard to upgrade and I probably wouldn't mind it but now I'm just not.

also

>giving in to the jews
>>
>>53868920
deployed it for three months and rolled back to 7 due to the fact that windows 10 n ltsb had shittier stability than windows ME

shit product
shit shill
>>
Isn't OS X better? Fuck Windows.
>>
>>53868920
Sounds good OP, what are some of the new features?
>>
>>53868920
At least Microsoft won't shove that piece of spyware in our faces anymore after 3 months.
>>
>>53870298
dx12 I believe.
>>
ReactOS will save us.

Linux shills still on suicide watch.
>>
>>53868920
So what you're saying is to take the free upgrade, steal the key it uses, then sell said key on July 29th.

Sounds good to me
>>
Why should anyone care? After cutoff date just go to your nearest torrent site and download it if you need it. Besides anyone who ain't got it yet probably don't want it or will get it when they buy a new netbook. On other note: Intel Skylake processor is last one that will support Windows 7. You can thank MS for that. So if in market for new intel CPU and you want to still use win 7 skylake is only option.
>>
File: 1456706061386.jpg (108 KB, 639x994) Image search: [Google]
1456706061386.jpg
108 KB, 639x994
>>53869002
hey I enjoy linux. but windows can do so much shit linux cannot. even netflix sucks on linux.

thank god for dual booting
>>
>>53871206
how do u set vlc as default player
>>
>>53869873
>>>53869796
>It's already downloaded probably, if you are getting the popups.

You mean the popups that appear at the taskbar? Source? My last 8.1 update was way back march last yeae
>>
>>53871527
If you have gwx, which are the popups at the bottom in your taskbar, it'll check if windows 10 is downloaded, every day, and if it's not it downloads it without your consent, even over cellular. That's 8 gigs.
>>
At this point really, I think normalfags should use Macs and anyone even slightly interested in computers should find a Linux distro they like.

Fuck microshit.
>>
>>53871206
Netflix works perfectly fine on linux
>>
>>53868920
Or you can just torrent a copy whenever
>>
>>53869284

or MS will just extend their "deadline" because consumers aren't falling for the gimmick

and then they'll roll back all these bullshit botnet functions in Windows 11
>>
>>53868920

I will retire my main rig before I ever put Windows 10 on it. It will die with 7.
>>
I like that while this thread is probably bait to ruse freetards, at least 50% of the people in it actually use Windows 10 and like it enough to defend it.

There was a time on /g/ that if you defended Microsoft you would have your shit pushed in. Now Linux users seem to be decreasing.

I like this new /g/
>>
People buy windows?
>>
>>53873694
Because OP is an obvious shill or troll and that there is about 5 posts everyday from people supposedly loving windows 10 and saying there is no spyware when clearly the whole OS is a botnet.
>>
My windows is pirated so I don't think the update will work. It will probably mess up my 8.1. And anyways, there will probably be pirated win10 versions after July if you want to upgrade.
I find microsoft's insistence to upgrade suspicious.
>>
>>53868920
I would sooner go back to win xp or move completelly to linux than get win 10
>>
>>53873798

You can either use a working OS which does everything and looks great, at the risk of Microsfot knowing you personal info.

Or use Linux and struggle to like it, despite the fact if any shady organisation wanted your data they could probably get it anyway despite any precaution you take.

I mean, Jesus, even the Library has my personal information. You think the Library are gonna come and break my kneecaps or steal my identity just because they know my Social Security number?

Freetards are beyond help
>>
>>53873860

Linux is about as advanced as Windows XP, so you're comparison holds water.
>>
core i7 haswell
gtx 780
16 gb ram

should i care to upgrade, or do as other anon and just retire rig on win 7. appreciate feedback.
>>
>>53873862
you're not helping your cause dude.

>You can either use a working OS which does everything and looks great
This is a very debatable opinion.

> at the risk of Microsfot knowing you personal info.
Even if windows were "that good" it doesn't justifies that they treats their users in a shitty way.

>Or use Linux and struggle to like it
Again, a very debatable opinion, it almost looks like shameless advertisement.

>despite the fact if any shady organisation wanted your data they could probably get it anyway despite any precaution you take.
Are you seriously trying to pass a corner case as an argument? with windows is a given and you're allowing it.

>I mean, Jesus, even the Library has my personal information.
slippery slope: so according to you you only have two options:
a) give all your information to everyone
b) don't give any information to anyone

>You think the Library are gonna come and break my kneecaps or steal my identity just because they know my Social Security number?
That's at best an strawman, your exaggerated argument is not analogous.

>Freetards are beyond help
And at the end name calling, good luck convincing anyone.
>>
>>53873983
do not reply if you smell of cumin, tumeric, stale sweat and piss. thanks.
>>
i don't want to update because it will probably break my 2hus again.
>>
>>53873633

I sorta have this same feeling.

I didn't have any problems with XP for some older programs.

W7 runs most things. I have several ISOs with a little known activator that works like a magic bullet.

If I need games, I'll use my PS4.
>>
>>53873998
well-stated
>>
>>53870427
No game developer uses it or cares. Polaris and Pascal have to advocate it massively and Vulcan has to fail for it to mean anything.
>>
>>53873486
>opensource silverlight clone
>>
>>53869923
wtf?
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.