[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broadwell-E specs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: broadwell-e.png (70 KB, 883x559) Image search: [Google]
broadwell-e.png
70 KB, 883x559
http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cpu_mainboard/intel_s_broadwell-e_6950x_leaks_on_intel_website/1

Broadwell-E vs Zen will be heated if Zen hits Haswell-E performance.

Haswell-E i7-5820K 6cores/12threads is about $400
i7-5930K 6cores/12threads $600
i7-5960X 8cores/16threads $1060

Broadwell-E i7 10cores/20 threads will be at $1500 at launch

Some price guesses pulled from ass

Sweet spot for Zen 8cores/16threads is around $500~600, enough for AMD to earn some high end money to pay debts

Hypothetical Zen 6cores/12threads (2 cores disabled in die) ~$350~400 (i7 skylake/kabylake competitor)

Zen 4cores/8threads ~$250~300 (i5 competitor)

Zen 4cores ~$150~200 (i3 competitor)

What do you think? Will AMD fail and bankrupt and finished? Will Zen deliver and save bucks for your pocket?
>>
Nothing in the consumer market really matters since the real money is in enterprise.
>>
>>53865494
>Hypothetical Zen 6cores/12threads (2 cores disabled in die)

zen cores can only be disabled in groups of 4, it's likely we'll get one flagship with 8 cores and various flavors of 4 cores
>>
>>53865695
No, they can disable the cores in what ever way they want, it's just 4 cores share cache. The small asymmetries in performance from disabling different cores won't stop AMD from doing it.
>>
>>53865744

they would have to disable the last level cache for that group of cores then, bulldozer has the same problem when you disable one of the half cores through microcode. that's why AMD only shipped die harvested chips with entire modules disabled.
>>
>>53865644
High end enthusiast performance map to server segment, enterprise workstations, and even to mobile/notebook because they can scale up and down. It's both prestige and architecture show

>>53865744
>>53865798
http://wccftech.com/amd-zen-cpu-8-core-summit-ridge-launching-october/
wccftech claimed they will have 6 cores, but yeah
>wccftech

They can still do 8 cores without hyperthreading for that segment if it doesn't perform as well, but I would expect prices to be at higher end for that
>>
>>53865798
bulldozer actually shared an fpu and the front end decoder, there was no way to disable that and ending up with a core.

Having a cache that is shared between 3 or 4 cores is fine in comparison.
>>
>>53866236
AMD won't disable hyperthreading except maybe on the lowest end chips. Hyperthreading costs intel nothing to enable, they only disable it to segment their stack. AMD doesn't like doing the same thing, they usually rather just sell the salvaged parts as their lower end cpus.
>>
>>53865494
its crazy to think that these cpus will have as much cache as my computer in the 90s had ram.

anyways this leak isn't anything new.
>>
I think AMD gave up on competing with Intel a long time ago
>>
File: 1303780953303.jpg (11 KB, 318x315) Image search: [Google]
1303780953303.jpg
11 KB, 318x315
There is zero evidence that 6950X is gong to be $1500.

Quit posting shit some fag on overclocked3d said with no source.
>>
>>53870018
in all likely hood it will take the price point of the 5960X , which is ~1000 bucks at the moment
>>
>>53870232
Exactly. $500 is a big difference.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.