[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tony Fadell: The cancer that is killing Google from inside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Tony_Fadell.jpg (3 MB, 3692x3880) Image search: [Google]
Tony_Fadell.jpg
3 MB, 3692x3880
Google's parent company is deliberately disabling some of its customers' old smart-home devices

http://uk.businessinsider.com/googles-nest-closing-smart-home-company-revolv-bricking-devices-2016-4

Fadell is a trojan horse sent by Apple to destroy Google, much like how Microsoft sent Stephen Elop to Nokia to destroy it from inside.
>>
Have owners of revolv reached out to higher levels of Google for its opinion? Perhaps even if tiny fadell thinks he can disable your product right after warranty expires, maybe higher ups believe differently and will give them a nest?
>>
File: google-sucks.png (36 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
google-sucks.png
36 KB, 320x200
Listen, Google's the biggest fucking pile of spaghetti code ever created, worse than Windows and its associated hell.

Much of their core functionality was winged by some unpaid intern, patched by a guy who quit within 18 months at Google, patched by another guy who quit after 18 months at Google too, and who even fucking knows how it all works. They sure don't. Trust me, one of my childhood friends is one of the top 20 guys at Google.

They are primarily concerned with getting the data out of the machine and into a saleable product. What we see and use breaks and gets fixed and sometimes they have to migrate everything to a new platform and conceal it as a forced 'up'grade, but Google's a mess.

Strong sell.

https://infamy.org
>>
"Never trust an Arab" - Steve Jobs
>>
>>53867329
Getting muh data is just the patio, the real party is running in the privè, when they get your soul.
>>
>>53867376
>muh data
don't be a google shill bro
>>
>>53867329

> getting the data out of the machine and into a saleable product.

Uh, what?
>>
File: shekel.jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
shekel.jpg
56 KB, 400x400
>>53869619
GOOGLE: 18 billion goym lik this, they checked GOOGLE for info, the second search was the color.

CORPORATION Which color?

GOOGLE : GIB & U KNOW

CORP. *GIBS*
>>
>>53867364
Isn't Jerbs an Arab though?
>>
>>53869683
Advertising companies have been doing this for decades.

The difference now with Google is that the data Google sells is actually quite accurate unlike the ones that were compiled by advertising firms that had a lot of sampling problems and sometimes were outright manufactured if they deemed the clients weren't sophisticated enough to know the difference.
>>
>>53869714

> data Google sells

I didn't know Google sells data. Where can I buy my neighbor's gmail contact list?
>>
>>53870041
All data Google sells are anonymized aggregate data like how likely people in this zip code were to actually click on "Buy Now" link when searching for diapers, etc.
>>
>>53869684
>Syrian
>Arab
Literally we wuz kangs tier logic
>>
File: 1458100446268.png (615 KB, 1100x768) Image search: [Google]
1458100446268.png
615 KB, 1100x768
>>53867329
Say that shit again and I'll have you banned. Trust me, my uncle works at 4chan
>>
>>53869684
yes he was, half arab half anglo raised by Armenians
>>
>buy something that depends on a 3rd party service
>surprised when it stops working once the 3rd party stops supporting it
how is this news?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.