[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reformatting my hard drive today and was wondering what distros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: download (3).jpg (5 KB, 319x158) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
5 KB, 319x158
Reformatting my hard drive today and was wondering what distros you guys would recommend? I was planning on installing two for dual boot. I was kinda thinking Kali (tried a live boot and enjoyed it) and another that's for general use like Ubuntu. What would you guys reccomend? Oh, I have a 700GB hard drive, so I was thinking maybe a 25GB partition for each of them. I was always a bit nervous to install them since someone I know had issues installing on Alienware and had to reinstall Windows, but since I'm doing that anyway, I figured I'd give it a shot since I can just reinstall again if problems arise.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2820QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
8GB ram

Oh, do they all come with the grub menu to choose what OS to boot? I'm fairly new to it. I had Ubuntu on my old laptop, but didn't mess with it much since it crashed after a bit.
>>
>>53862525
Gentoo+Arch
>>
>>53862525
Debian+cinnamon is nice. Probably have to add http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free to your sources.list for stuff to just werk. Debian is middle of the road as far as learning curve. If you want to stay ignorant, use mint or buntu.
>>
Try ApricityOS. It's arch + stripped down gnome, come's with wine preinstalled and claims to be good for your laptop's battery.

I haven't tried it myself. Tell me if you di.
>>
From what I'm reading, these distros aren't for beginners.
>>
>>53862525
>kali
>alienware
>copy pasting specs
Are you sure you're over 18?
>>
>>53862525
I dual boot Kali linux with Elementary OS.
>>
>>53862541
this. arch is comfy af and gentoo is good if you hate yourself and/or want to brag on /g/
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.