[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Differences between XPS 13 variants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: dell-xps-13-9350-1.jpg (149 KB, 965x570) Image search: [Google]
dell-xps-13-9350-1.jpg
149 KB, 965x570
I plan to buy some tiny ultrabook, mainly net surfing, programming, all day travel companion and such. I have my eyes on Dell XPS 13 9350.
But my problem is, should I buy i7-6500U or i7-6560U version? Both should perform similar in CPU sense, but 6560U has Iris graphics, which should allow me to play some older games comfortably and that would be awesome for a commuting machine.
Problem is, somehow, 6560U version has much shorter battery life, despite both CPU's having same TDP and similar specs. WiFi test on notebookcheck shows that it can achieve 5h, and 6500U gets 7h. That's quite a difference. And also, 6500U gets much hotter according to notebookcheck reviewer. 6500U got a bios update that increased battery life significantly, stats were updated, but thermal image was not, so I assume that thermal test was done before bios update.
Is the increase in iGPU power worth it?
Link to comparison:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/index.php?id=127065&specs[]=29486&specs[]=28216&specs[]=30796

Before someone points me to Apple devices, no, I need multiple USB connections, and I have to use Windows. Although I genuinely like the overall feel of Mac notebooks. My previous machine was/still is Nokia Booklet with some DIY upgrades. I decided I can live with something slightly bigger.
>>
Just got the i5 8gb ram 128gb ssd and 1080p mate display battery life is around 10 hours can run everything i need for light programming web browsing music and video playback can even play some light games like csgo but not really designed for that light portable all around great build quality would definitely recomend.
>>
>>53862632
also its the 9350 6200u model
>>
>>53862632
That is one really long run on sentence.
>>
>>53862484
According to the Notebookcheck review, the 6560u has throttling issues at high heat which doesn't exist in the 6500u or 6200u variants. Might have been fixed in a bios since then but I'm not sure on that.
>>
>>53862887
I am aware of temps difference. 6500u also had problems with power management, it had similar issue and battery life to 6560u, but they fixed that in bios, and battery life got a huge bump up. I am wondering if that is the case with newer Iris iGPU.
>>
>>53862887
And also, look on the outside temp graphics on the notebookcheck. 6500U looks way hotter than 6560U. 15 degrees difference on top, and 7 on the bottom covers. That is a lot.
>>
>>53862484
Go for XPS15 with real HQ processor
>>
>>53862719
>plays cs go
>buys consumer laptop

You know why. But for the OP this doesn't make a difference.
>>
>>53866439
XPS15 may be smallest 15 incher, but it is still 15 incher. I need something small. That I can fit into small bag. I am simply trying to choose which variant should I get.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.