[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else love xp, skip vista, and still use win 7 because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (41 KB, 1281x720) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
41 KB, 1281x720
Anyone else love xp, skip vista, and still use win 7 because 8 and 10 are shit?
>>
>>53860828
>8 and 10 are shit
I want memecucks who just spout parrot memes and don't know shit about functionallity and workflow to leave my board, please just go back to >>>/v/ or something
>>
>>53860828
XP is okay. 7 is better.
But i don't love Windows, my love is all for 'my' OS which i formed from ground up. You guessed it, it's Linux.
>>
>>53860828
8.1 is not shit. 7 and 10 are shit.
>>
No, because I'm not autistic.
>>
>>53860859
That's cool man linux is aight, I like how you can (and usually have to) customize everything
>>
Only thing people didn't like about 8 was the start menu, which is stupid because anyone who actually knows how to use a computer stopped using the start menu years ago and replaced it with a sane alternative, like Launchy.
>>
>>
>love xp
yup, still use it
>skip vista
ofc, tried it a couple of times on a normie machine and a clean install on mine, cancer >still use win 7
used 7 on laptop due to better power management than xp, after 8 released updated to it
>8 and 10 are shit
10 is shit, mainly coz of the botnet, besides that its just as fine as 8/8.1 without the botnet updates

so, yeah, a properly configured 8 is just as comfy as xp, it does consume more resources and takes more time to start the audio services but its still a better trade-of imo. fuck 10 and subsequent updates to that shit (even the enterprise with botnet """disabled""" is still crap)
>>
>>53860844
>shilling for newer windows versions
>telling people to go to /v/
How ironic
>>
>>53860844
>>53860912
>10 rupees have been deposited into your account.
>>
>>53860828
Windows 8.1 with ClassicShell is way superior to Windows 7. 4 years of code.
>>
>>53860828
i use them but it's not by choice
every day i grow more pissed at how much science shit still runs on windows 95 and xp
>>
>>53860828
I guess I fit the bill

although my last remaining Win7 install gets like 10% uptime
>>
>>53860844
8.1 is okay but Windows 10 is genuinely shit, nothing but a useless malware OS that's slower than Win 7.
>>
I have no idea how shit 8, 8.1 or 10 are because I've never used them

I used XP until the support ran out, now I'll use 7 until its support runs out
>>
10 is great from a user standpoint. The telemetry and probable NSA backdoors aren't, but shit-talk about the OS itself is retarded.
>>
>>53860942
>8
>Newer
I think you should rethink your shitposting anon.
>>53860947
Thanks mr neckbeard
>>53860952
>Tripfag
>Suggesting start menu replacements on 8.1
Retards gonna retard, always.
>>53860977
Yeah, it can have some error, but performance wise its not slower than 7, at all. Uses less memory than 8 and 8 used less memory than 7.
>>
>>53860952
This.

Only issue with win8.1 is that you cant disable vsync in windowed mode.

I'm on 10 now, gonna switch my gayming to a KVM virtual machine once I upgrade from my i7920 to something with an integrated GPU
>>
>>53860828
Exactly, but I went for Kali a year ago
>>
>>53860952
filtered
>>
That's exactly what I did. Had to use vista while I was on exchange in the US. It was terrible.
>>
I used vista between 2009 and 2011, and it's not a bad OS. the only thing that prevents me from still using it is lack of TRIM support.
still, vista was a resource hog compared to XP. I remember the year 2007, when cheap shitty laptops shipped with vista, and they all ran like ass even with a fresh install.

anyway, I'm just gonna be using 7 until the support runs out.
>>
i liked xp and vista but hated 7 and 8. windows 10 is alright but i could without the constant microsoft intrusions but a few services disabled everything will be alright.
>>
XP was okay

Vista was fine. The problem was 3rd party drivers and companies not knowing how to make them. Then retards blamed M$ for HP not wanting to make a new driver for your 10 year old printer because HP wanted you to buy a new one.

Win7 was the ultimate godsend of all OS's just about perfect in every way

Win8/8.1 was fine as well, bit of a learning curve but still a solid OS. People were just retarded and couldn't muster the thinking capacity to deal with change

Win 10 is almost at Win7 levels but still needs some bugs worked out. Which is fine considering its a brand new OS. As for "spying" or "muh botnet" unless you're running win 3.0 EVERY OS has botnets and is spying on you, get used to it. But if you aren't a retarded macfaggot you can easily disable it. The biggest issue with Win 10 is nvidia drivers - these fuckers are going the way of AMD if they can't get their shit together.
>>
>>53860828
Yep.
>>
It's really all the same. It's been the same shit since windows 98, the OS just gets a re-skin and gets heavier and more bloated. 8 and 10 added even more spying, it's gotten so bad that I won't install 10 as my main OS, I'll probably switch over to Arch entirely.

I seriously hope Vulkan takes off and games will be playable on Linux. If not, I'll have W10 as a partition and use it only when necessary.

I use Windows 7 now because I'm so used to it. I'd want to say it just werks, but that's not the case. It often lets me down, hangs on things which it won't explain and generally it's hard to diagnose what's wrong. Now that I've used Arch on my Thinkpad, I find it very hard to deal with having no terminal. Powershell is pretty much useless.
>>
>>53861018
>i7920

Intel 7920

okay there, ease up time traveler.
>>
>>53861143
10 shekels has been deposited into your account

dont let the others know goyim goyim goyim
>>
>>53861421
i7 920 2008 nigga
Only gives me a problem in IPC intensive stuff.
>>
>>53861453
>i7 920

>I have to say i7 so people know i bought a certain cepeuu

Cancer incarnate, i bet you only classify cpus and gpus by i3 i5 i7 and GTX, GT, GTO, SE, R6, R,7, R8, R9

fucking cuck get the fuck out you useless meatbag
>>
>Win10 looks and feels like shit
>Win8.1 feels like an abortion without consistency between the metro UI, flat memes and the typical windows layout
>ganoo/linux lacks a system wide parametric EQ
>Never tried OS X so don't have an opinion on it
Win 7 is it for now.
>>
>XP - Blue screens and errors out the ass 24/7, looked like shit even in the early 00's

>Vista - Somehow manages to be even worse than XP, nigger what are you doing tier looks, garbage, putting lipstick on a pig aesthetics

>7 - Worthwhile improvement, stable, less cluttered, functional. Even still, about 10 years behind the times aesthetics wise. Leopard existed for 2 years already.

>8 - Better, faster, updated look, still not there. Ditches "start" abomination - retards rile up. Virtually problem free, improved functionality.

>10 - Best Windows OS yet, telemetry aside - can be mostly combated by non-retards. Even less of a footprint, faster at the same time. Looks mostly current, except for a few UI inconsistencies.
>>
>>53861503
this is what happens when you don't give your children enough attention
>>
>>53861542
My parents gave me lots of attention

they were and are alcoholics however.
>>
>>53861503
>>53861562

You really seem like accidental debile child of two alcoholic losers.
>>
>>53861626
im >>53861371
you idiot
>>
>>53860859
Sorry but i like to gaym
>>
I loved NT and 2k, hated 98,xp,vista. 7 was an improvement but by that time I had switched to Gentoo full time.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.