[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everybody and his mother knows Touchwiz's flaws. Let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Sony-Xperia-Z5-_fonearena-12.jpg (88 KB, 1000x969) Image search: [Google]
Sony-Xperia-Z5-_fonearena-12.jpg
88 KB, 1000x969
Everybody and his mother knows Touchwiz's flaws.

Let's discuss other OEM skins (and features), point their weaknesses and strengths.
>>
I like Sense's recent apps more than stock.
>>
File: settings[1].jpg_itok=tClhdQDH.jpg (59 KB, 800x474) Image search: [Google]
settings[1].jpg_itok=tClhdQDH.jpg
59 KB, 800x474
>>53857984
Same here, actually. The Lollipop switcher is fucking awful.

Sony's recent apps menu has a shitty "small apps" bar that can't be removed, but I really like their app drawer. You can organize apps however you like (including moving them around freely) and have folders in there. AND it's incredibly light compared to other launchers.

pic related is a bit outdated, but it looks almost the same
>>
>>53858074

I actually like Sony's stock skin.

A few conolaints though
>stock icons are ugly as shit
>can't hide top bar on home screen, 2clockslel
>always showd page dot on home screen, even if only one page

The apps menu is very nice with some neat sorting options. Small apps I have never used, but at least they aren't shoved down your throat.
>>
>>53857984
The card stack is fucking retarded. Agreed
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 470x313
>>53857961
I don't, I just know people hate it.

Can you give me a quick breakdown of the pros and cons?

I've been reading the Note 6 rumors and I feel like I should know what I'd be getting into.
>>
>>53859142
Let's just say I'm using a note 2 with CM11 and I'll keep that vs going to a note 6 or even 7 on touchwiz and non removable battery
>>
>>53859411
That tells me nothing other than you don't like it, which I already know.

Why would you take it over two phones that aren't out yet?
>>
>>53859142
>>53859491
Touchwiz is among the heaviest android skins - it has a lot of functionality, but it also comes with a lot of useless apps which you would probably never use (and you won't be able to completely remove them without rooting; disabling them works, but they're still there, taking up space)

Some of those applications are also redundant.

If you want to keep your battery life, camera quality and sound quality, stay on stock and don't get into installing custom firmware, but just remove the useless applications after you root the phone.
>>
>>53859558
Thank you, that's super useful.

If I can disable without rooting, does "taking up space" refer only to storage space? Since the Note 6 is rumored to have the MicroSD slot back that's not really a big issue.

I was under the impression it was a resource hog in terms of RAM, but if you can stop that so easily the hate doesn't really make sense.
>>
>>53859642
storage, yeah

it's essentially freezing the process
>>
One thing I really liked about touch wiz was the option to kill all running apps and clear the app drawer
>>
>>53858074

Man you made me miss my Xperia SP. Only thing good about it was the Launcher. Simple. Unlike my LG G4's
>>
>>53859642
i don't think you will be able to root note 6 easy, because galaxy s7 isn't rootable yet
>>
Sony's roms are perfect
>>
>>53859946
I'm a pretty big pleb, I wouldn't want to root it I think. My first and only smartphone has been an iPhone 5S, so this would be my first time with Android.
>>
The only reason I got a one m9 was for sense ui.

Such a nice skin.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.