[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your computer has _____
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
If you diagnosed your computer with a mental disorder what would it be?

My computer:
>slow
>has a hard time when I right click something
>can't do a task unless I tell it more than 3 times
>crashes almost any browser cept a 3rd party one
>crashes plugins
>has to be reset at least once a day
I'd say my computer is autistic.
And this is coming from a guy who has been around someone with autism
I all I want to do is kill him/it

Pic unrelated
Dean Yeagle is artist
>>
>>53852306
Clean install is the only option at this point...
>>
>>53852399
me or you? Cause my computer is 8 years old and it's also holding all my data. If I could transfer shit over to another drive I would

Also 3 gbs of ram with windows 7. It sucks
>>
File: downloadfile.gif (731 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.gif
731 KB, 480x270
Maybe try a different OS?
>>
>>53852306
None, my PC is healthy.
>>
My computer:
>Fast
>Has a hard time with temperatures
>Background applications frequently need to be refreshed or restarted after a while
>Sometimes decides it wants to stop working and locks up
>Can be loud and obnoxious

I'd say my computer is ADHD

And this is coming from a guy with ADD
>>
>Normal speeds
>temperatures are normal
>will not power off only resets
>but dat uptime doe
Im going with insomnia
>>
>>53853967
I sorta can't. I've tried.
At best I've got a mint drive, it runs meh but Mint 13 is shitty anyways. My fault at the time too

>>53853996
LISTEN HERE NORMIE. . .

>>53854002
Adhdbro ! ! Sup homie?
>>
>ctrl key is broken and I'm not willing to buy a new keyboard
>this fucks up my writing and devolves it into random commands in programs
>same with av pag randomly dragging me to ends of pages
>have to end up rebinding key to null every time it wants to fuck up
>pair this with stutters and low/volatile frame rates in most videos due to atom cpu

I'd go with whatever diseases are relates to stuttering or speech problems.
>>
>Same average performance for 5 years
>Nothing changes when updating drivers, cleaning up, updating software, etc.
>Not particularly good or bad for anything specific

Depression
>>
>>53852306
My computer:
>Still pretty quick
>Can't overclock anymore because CPU stressed from years of 4.5GHz on offset
>Not quite enough RAM
>GPU not been upgraded for a few years

Is "tired old workhorse" a diagnosis?
It's served me well, but I'm gonna upgrade to X99 now that Intel has hit the silicon wall.
>>
>>53854227
>Is "tired old workhorse" a diagnosis
exhaustion?
>>
What's the scientific term for a big ego? I'm decked out with a 4690k, 980ti and 16GB RAM and just play FFXIV all day.
>>
>>53854373
technically psychopath if it thinks it can do everything
>>
>>53854373
Narcisism
>>
Makes very weird noises when bored.
>>
>>53854373
4790K, not 4690K. But yeah, Narcissistic Personality Disorder sounds about right.
>>
>>53854111
I'm off my meds
>>
>>53852306
Mute. Not really a mental disorder. But literally everything else is fine in that system. Motherboard just doesn't output audio. I could get sound card but its an older system already. Don't care.
>>
>flagship reasonable modern specs x99/980 ti/120hz
>looks great looking through the front window
>ugly spaghetti behind motherboard
>hidden sex toys in hdd bays

idk, is Trump supporter a mental illness?
>>
>>53854481
yes

sincerely, the bernie sanders campaign
>>
>crashes if more than one network device is connected
Crippling social anxiety
>>
>>53854398
Aspie?
>>
Mine freezes when youtube changes song on a play list and sometimes lags.

Probs depression or ptsd from all the doujin and javs
>>
>>53852306
>Constantly keeps restarting itself
>Taskbar is displayed as grey not glass like it should
>can't right click on desktop or it freezes
>several services failing
>microstutter
Hell if I know.
>>
>>53855621
depression; Anxiety.
sounds like it's trying to take it's meds but it's flipping out too much
>>
>the browser takes about 10 seconds to open
>youtube videos lag at higher resolution unless I use flash (they also lag at 360p when fullscreen)
>1080p videos are unplayable
>some folders take at least half a minute to open
>my HDD (250 gigabytes) is almost full

I don't know enough about mental illnesses..

the only thing that seems to fit is malnutrition, but that isn't one.
>>
>>53855748
im sitting here with an 8 year old computer anon, I know your feel all to well.
>>
>Fast and seemingly willing to help until it has to do something "boring"
>Insists that working on it's own little thing it obviously just wants to do to entertain itself is "Helping out"
>Won't do something unless I'm constantly checking up on it, making it do its task.
>Goes quiet and cooperates for a bit when it realises just how fucking mad I am with it.
>Tells me it knows what it's doing, that I don't have to explain to it how to do something, then fucks around for half an hour, getting mad whenever I ask it if it needs help, then eventually throwing its hands up crying, telling me it hates me, running out the room, then walking back in after 5 minutes and asks for my help.
>Is happy for a bit, but never actually remembers the help I give it, repeats previous step every time it's given the chance
>Swiftly smacking it in the fucking face when it starts to tell me it knows what it's doing, telling it to fuck itself and do everything exactly as I say or so help me god, is the only time it's really useful, but totally damages the trust relationship you have with the machine.
>Tells me it's responsible for its body and can do what it wants, burning but with the fan down so it doesn't look noisy.
>All of this is an inherent part of the OS, reinstalling won't do shit, just remove the time spent conditioning it.
It's a fucking 12 year old. Maybe I'm just drawing this link because I'm a teacher, but that describes it perfectly.

This is what it's like owning a mac. You're dealing with a smartass, overconfident 12 year old, and one that never grows up or matures, one you can only fix with duct tape.
>>
>>53855791
Mine's 10 years old.

and with an integrated gpu

I've tried some linux distros but they all seemed to run worse than XP, so I'm on XP right now.
>>
>>53855803
>12 year old smartass
LOL
what do you teach?

>>53855843
I'm dealing with stock almost everything, considering that I have 3 gbs of ram and a different sound card. That's about it
>>
>>53854580
I guess that would be good. The PSU coil whines at idle occasionally, I'd say more of ADHD or something.
>>
>>53855875
>what do you teach?
Design technology (Essentially basic design +[wood/metal/plastic/fuckingwhatever]work) to a mixed grade. Students are anywhere from 12 to 16 years old. Before this, game design, to nearly exclusively 12 year olds.
The older students at least realise that they're there for their own sake, because they want to be here, the younger ones just think they have to be there.
I fucking hate the little shits. That is, the 80% of 12 year olds, there are a few that actually want to work and learn, and that need my help, and it breaks my heart having to ignore them to put up with squeaky mcDipship never shutting the fuck up.

I know giving people laptops and iPads isn't gonna be the solution to any education issues, but there is a point where I think some kids just need to be locked in an empty black room with a fucking workbook and they get to leave and chill out with everyone else once they've done an hours actual hard work (Relative for their actual capacity, so legitimately impaired students wouldn't have to stay back for 2 hours of them doing brain crushing work when all the other kids are outside fucking around having fun)
>>
>>53855960
Little shits like them cant appreciate things like that which is why I don't let my nephew touch my 3DS

Why not just teach highschool or college?

At least the later years they finally appreciate what you teach them.
>>
>>53852306
well I have 4 computers bud but this specific one I guess ill diagnose

>dumb ass design
>turns into a tablet
>turns into a windows 7 pc unless you touch it in the wrong way, then theres a bunch of confusing boxes
>doesnt want to change
>sometimes decides its time for an update out of no choice
>sometimes the camera light turns on
>the onset keyboard is broken

multiple personality disorder with paranoia and a superiority complex
>>
>>53856001
This is high school, in Australia. Ages can be as young as 11 to as old as 19.
Most people are tuned up fine after two years, but most also leave the class at that point, so I'm stuck with a fresh batch of tards.
>>
>>53856099
thats gotta be annoying as shit.
>>
>doesn't detect video card
>>
>>53856144
blind
needs new glasses
>>
>>53852306
Insomnia.
Fuck Windows 10 and its nocturnal updating habits.

>>53852437
You can actually do a clean install without losing any data... Put in a Windows DVD, shift+F10 to get a command prompt, "explorer" to get a file manager. Find your hard disk (the drive may not be C: when booted from the DVD). Make a new folder in the root directory called backup or whatever you like. Move all the files you care about there, and delete **EVERYTHING** else on the drive. Now exit out of Explorer and command prompt. Continue to clean install Windows. Do NOT delete the partition, but tell it to install into the existing partition, which now does not contain an active Windows installation.

Then you'll have to go about installing drivers and programs and shit like any new install. Your saved files will still be in that backup dir you made though.
>>
>>53856617
I'm just going to save up and wait for a new job. when I do, I'll build a new PC. I think I will go from scratch and reinstall everything basically.
>>
>>53856634
A sensible choice. Win7 on 3 GB RAM sounds pretty rough.

otoh I'm running 8.1 on 4 GB on a shitty netbook and memory usage seems to hover around 1.5 GB...
>>
>>53856652
My old PC was a gateway with 8 gbs, 64bit. I swear the PC was more trouble than it was worth. my god I wanted to crush it, but at this point, I miss it over this computer. I miss my games and what not. I can't do shit on this POS. I'm lucky FL actually works out for me
>>
I would comply, but symptoms show that my computer clearly has AIDS.
>>
none, my computer is functioning properly.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.